Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    BJ's is a nice quiet place you never think about. But the pizza is damn good. It's about as close as you can get to old style Mr. Gatti's pizza.
    its great because its cut in dipping slices, and 40% off mondays aint bad either

2. Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    its great because its cut in dipping slices, and 40% off mondays aint bad either
    Whats a favorite over at BJ's? I've eaten there maybe 5 times in my life and I've never been impressed Maybe I'm getting the wrong pizza?

Those that are privately owned stay in business for a reason They're awfully damned good. I love Alesi's but it doesn't love me. I love Pizza Village, but the kids don't like thin crust pizza.

I try not to do chains.ever.

When the twins were small, we would go to Deano's. THey would each ask for a side salad. Then we'd order a pepperoni pizza with double fresh mushrooms. While waiting for the pizza they would eat their salads. When the pizza arrived they would pick off all the fresh mushrooms and eat them, leaving the pizza.

Naturally we took some home. They wouldn't eat it the next day because there weren't any mushrooms. LOL

WHen we are going out for pizza it's still Deanos. But fortunately I live close enough to BJ's to where they deliver to my neighborhood. If we're staying in, it's BJ's.

But thanks for the heads up on the new place.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Whats a favorite over at BJ's? I've eaten there maybe 5 times in my life and I've never been impressed Maybe I'm getting the wrong pizza?
    i havent actually been there in years, i couldnt tell you, im an alesis guy (it helps living right across johnston from it)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The full house,has everything Pepperoni, sausage, onion and jalapeño is great too. Get ranch with it. Royal flush is a great sandwhich

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    BJs no longer runs the 40% off Monday special. It's only 25% off on Mondays.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    BJs no longer runs the 40% off Monday special. It's only 25% off on Mondays.
    That's still better than full price.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    That's still better than full price.
    Fair enough. However, when I traveled across town to take advantage of the 40% deal, it was a figurative punch to the gut / wallet when they informed me of the change. Since the south side has upped there pizza selection, my incentive to order BJs has dramatically decreased.

how is Bisbanos now, I remember many a night eating in the cellar when I was in college

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    how is Bisbanos now, I remember many a night eating in the cellar when I was in college
    I always liked bisbanos. I just never think to go there

I heard the prices went up.other than it's still Bisbanos

My second favorite Lafayette pizza joint.

Alesi's, like Coca-Cola, was, is , and always will be the King.

Large Italian Sausage with extra Italian SausageHeaven.

All I remember about Bisbano's is a pitcher of Beer, a Scott Allen Stagg song, a pitcher of Beer, a song, a beer,

15. Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Sounds like our neighborhood Christmas party

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information