Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

I really think this should be settle somehow. We need a Lafayette Pizza Festival so we all can enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    And in Carencro.
    And Broussard

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Dang.but they staying away from Lafayette. Still got a bad taste in their mouth from the one they had on campus in the early 2000's.
    They are looking in Lafayette but they like going to the outskirt cities with good growth as there is less competition.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Will probably be unpopular but I tried alesi's for the 2nd time recently. Not a fan. Wasnt a fan the first time and thought I give them another shot, still not a fan. Got half works and half all meat. Was really greasy. The slices tore in half because of all the grease in the middle made the crust soggy. I know it's a lafayette staple but I don't get how everyone thinks it's the best. Pizza artista, deanos and pizza village in that order for me.
    I'm sort of in the same boat although I do like it there but its not my favorite. I've tried it many times but just doesn't do it for me like PV and some of the others mentioned as well. Also, while I tried and liked Pizza Artista, it also wasn't my favorite as I thought they kind of skimped a bit on the toppings.

5. Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Anyone that lives near oil center and hasn't tried Antoni's, give it a shot. Good pizza. Very authentic.

I'm a Deano's guy. A number of years back at one of the Lagcoe shows we ordered pizza and one of the Houston guys wasn't happy having pizza for lunch. That is until it arrived. He still won't shut up about it.

I've always said it isn't about Cajun food but rather good food. Mess up food in south Louisiana and you ain't gonna last no matter what it is.

7. Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Will probably be unpopular but I tried alesi's for the 2nd time recently. Not a fan. Wasnt a fan the first time and thought I give them another shot, still not a fan. Got half works and half all meat. Was really greasy. The slices tore in half because of all the grease in the middle made the crust soggy. I know it's a lafayette staple but I don't get how everyone thinks it's the best. Pizza artista, deanos and pizza village in that order for me.
    I have never had a bad pizza.

Loving these stories.

Any place that shows the pizza kitchen from the street gets cart blanche on complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    For me, pizza in Lafayette begins and ends with Alesi's. That's for several reasons: the taste, the atmosphere, going there with my parents after UL games in the 70s and 80s. But one event cinched it for me, and for that they will always have my undying loyalty.

I was in my last year at UL in '92. It was suppertime, I'd saved up a few bucks, and I decided to treat myself to my typical large pepperoni and green pepper. I was a little delayed getting there, so I was starving. Raging, stomach-growling hunger. I got the pizza and headed back to my truck. Holding the pizza in my right hand and opening the door with my left, and it slid out of the side of the box. I still remember it tumbling and landing topside-down on the asphalt parking lot.

Mind you, had that pizza landed on the bottom, I seriously might have picked it up, brushed it off and carried on. But no, it didn't. Right then, my stomach let out a growl that was louder than the Johnston Street traffic. So I headed back inside to order another pizza. I sat down and stared at the map of Sicily, just ____ed and hungry.

The new pizza came back, this time in a sturdier cardboard box. I went to pay, and Mike Jr. said, "No, this one's on the house." I couldn't believe it. I probably had college student written all over me, and Mike couldn't have done a nicer thing for me than he did that day.

Like I said, I have a million reasons to like Alesi's. The crust, sauce, cheese, pepperoni and green pepper combine for a taste I've never had anywhere else. The atmosphere and people are second to none. And, they sure as hell didn't have to give me a free pizza to keep my business. But they did, and I'll never forget it.
    GREAT story!!

I'd like to share THIS pizza with you one day and see what you think--Many Alesi regulars (myself included) know that the BEST pizza on their menu is BACON!! Not "Canadian," but BREAKFAST bacon, and they put it on in FULL SLICES, NOT crumbles!! Yes, it does have a little grease, BUT, it's HEAVEN on a pizza crust!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    I'd like to share THIS pizza with you one day and see what you think--Many Alesi regulars (myself included) know that the BEST pizza on their menu is BACON!! Not "Canadian," but BREAKFAST bacon, and they put it on in FULL SLICES, NOT crumbles!! Yes, it does have a little grease, BUT, it's HEAVEN on a pizza crust!!!
    i understand what some people say about the grease. especially on the bacon pizza. but, you know, you can always ask them to "de-grease" the pizza. they will.

I'm not saying this is the best pizza, but Rochetto's has an étouffée pizza that is damn good.
    I had Deano's Ragin Cajun pizza two Sundays ago and it was pretty darn good too!

Deano's Pizza with pepperoni, sausage, ham, beef, mushrooms, jalapeños, and pineapple. No need to ever eat another pizza anywhere, ever. Unfortunately, I live in Texas. Went to Alesi's as a kid several times in the 70s, but haven't been back. Also a fan of BJ's as well. Never eaten at PV, so can't speak for their pizza.

Could someone organize a Lafayette pizza eating convention for me, please? If so, I'm there!

13. Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Deano's Pizza with pepperoni, sausage, ham, beef, mushrooms, jalapeños, and pineapple. No need to ever eat another pizza anywhere, ever. Unfortunately, I live in Texas. Went to Alesi's as a kid several times in the 70s, but haven't been back. Also a fan of BJ's as well. Never eaten at PV, so can't speak for their pizza.

Could someone organize a Lafayette pizza eating convention for me, please? If so, I'm there!
    Proceeds go to Gridiron guys? I have a contact that could possibly organize this if you guys are serious haha

Oh you and me both! Hell can I be a judge?

BJ's is a nice quiet place you never think about. But the pizza is damn good. It's about as close as you can get to old style Mr. Gatti's pizza.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information