Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's change aplenty for the Cajuns — and that's good

1. UL Football It's change aplenty for the Cajuns — and that's good

UL — New Guy No. 1 takes a snap from New Guy No. 2 and rifles a pass to New Guy No. 3, who burns New Guy No. 4 on a deep post in the shadows of a training facility that's newer than all of them. New Coach No. 1 seethes on the sideline and explains .

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Default Re: It's change aplenty for the Cajuns — and that's good

I'm really excited to see the effect Elijah will have on the offense now that he's the main guy. With Alonzo gone and no longer taking away a ton of carries, (don't get me wrong, I loved Alonzo and what he did for our offense) I see Eli prob gaining about 15 more touches per game. I realize we will prob still see a healthy dose of other backs getting carries. But I'll be shocked if Eli isn't in on 95% of all offensive plays, whether he's in the backfield or split out wide.

Also excited to see a change in defensive scheme and coaching. I kinda forgot about our new coaches from SEC schools that we hired. Hoping we can look more like the defense that showed up against Nevada and less like the defense that showed up against App State. I'm with Luke on this article, I think all this change will actually be very good for the team's chances of surpassing previous years' win totals. 10 or 11 wins is doable.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

please take note of the caption under the photo.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

Z
    Nice to see. A slip-up or testing the waters? I am hoping it is a test with no reaction, so we start to see a few more of these. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Z
    Freudian slip :-).

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    I'm really excited to see the effect Elijah will have on the offense now that he's the main guy. With Alonzo gone and no longer taking away a ton of carries, (don't get me wrong, I loved Alonzo and what he did for our offense) I see Eli prob gaining about 15 more touches per game. I realize we will prob still see a healthy dose of other backs getting carries. But I'll be shocked if Eli isn't in on 95% of all offensive plays, whether he's in the backfield or split out wide.

Also excited to see a change in defensive scheme and coaching. I kinda forgot about our new coaches from SEC schools that we hired. Hoping we can look more like the defense that showed up against Nevada and less like the defense that showed up against App State. I'm with Luke on this article, I think all this change will actually be very good for the team's chances of surpassing previous years' win totals. 10 or 11 wins is doable.
    I actually expect Eli's numbers to go down, because his abilities will end up opening the flood gates for others. The LeBron affect.

7. Default Re: It's change aplenty for the Cajuns — and that's good

Thanks for the effort Luke You're the man! I guess we'll see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post

Elijah can't handle a full workload.

9. Default Re: It's change aplenty for the Cajuns — and that's good

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Elijah can't handle a full workload.
    He can if there's a little Haack in in the attack

There was a missing "L" in an article or two last week.

Z
    Stop it, Boomer will not have anything to complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He can if there's a little Haack in in the attack
    He is not a 20-25 carry type of back. He can't sustain that throughout an entire season. One or two games spread over 6-8 weeks sure. But we saw what kind of toll it took on him last season after the NMSU game.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

He is not a 20-25 carry type of back. He can't sustain that throughout an entire season. One or two games spread over 6-8 weeks sure. But we saw what kind of toll it took on him last season after the NMSU game.
    We need to sling the ball around and provide Elijah more space to work with. If we run him into traffic too much, we're not very smart.

14. Default

I wasn't thinking 20-25 although re-reading back, 15 extra carries would certainly put him there.

I was thinking with a successful passing game taking the load off, he could do 80% of the carries.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I actually expect Eli's numbers to go down, because his abilities will end up opening the flood gates for others. The LeBron affect.
    I don't know if I would expect them to go down but I don't expect them to go up all that much either. He will be used more but I think his yards per carry are going to go down a tad. Hopefully he will still be used extensively in the passing game.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information