Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Enrollment

1. Alumni 2015 Enrollment

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns placed a combined total of 183 student-athletes on the 2014-15 Sun Belt Conference Commissioner's List and Honor Roll that was announced on Wednesday by the league office.

Homes SO Clean

2. Default University of Louisiana among "Best 380 Colleges"

The University of Louisiana at is one of the best institutions in the nation for undergraduate education, according to The Princeton Review.

UL is featured in the publication’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The 2016 edition of the popular college guide was released Tuesday.

The Princeton Review does not rank universities in a single hierarchal list from 1 to 380. Its college guide includes two-page profiles of each of the schools considered to be among the top schools.

Only about 15 percent of America’s 2,500 four-year colleges, and only three colleges outside the U.S., are profiled in the guide.

“The Best 380 Colleges” includes institutional data and the results of surveys of 136,000 students at hundreds of universities. Students rate their schools on several topics and report on their campus experiences.

UL students cited in the profile gave high marks to academic programs such as architecture, art, biology and nursing.

The University “is all about melding creativity, spicy Cajun culture, and academia into a gumbo-pot of successful scholars,” according to one quote included in the college guide.

More information about the college guide is available at http://www.princetonreview.com/best380

The Princeton Review is an education services company known for its test-prep courses, tutoring, books, and other student resources. It is not affiliated with Princeton University.

Louisiana.edu

3. Default Re: University among "Best 380 Colleges"

Considering that when UL was founded in the 19th Century there were already close to 1700 in institutions of higher learning, this is quite a feat.

Default Re: University of Louisiana among "Best 380 Colleges"

Great news. GEAUX Cajuns!

Since everyone is a marketing expert, me included , what title of the articles do you think is more impressive?

1. University of Louisiana among "Best 380 Colleges"

2. UL in the top 15 percent of the nation's colleges
    http://klfy.com/2015/08/06/ul-in-the...ions-colleges/

Both are correct but in my opinion one looks better than the other one.

Last edited by MelRock; August 6th, 2015 at 02:31 pm. Reason: No bulldogs were killed during this post and ULMost still sux!

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Since everyone is a marketing expert, me included , what title of the articles do you think is more impressive?

If it were I: "University of Louisiana in top 15% of the nation's colleges" would be what I would put.

7. Default Re: University of Louisiana among "Best 380 Colleges"

Since you are using real examples Top-15% sounds more impressive since average Joe probably isn't readily aware that there is a pool of over 2,500 to compete with.

Honestly I have worked, in a previous life, in higher ed(ish) and really never thought about how many colleges or universities there were in the US. Just wording something a certain way can change someone's perception. I am not a writer by any means and do not have that gift, so I was not trying to be critical.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Since you are using real examples Top-15% sounds more impressive since average Joe probably isn't readily aware that there is a pool of over 2,500 to compete with.
    I agree: I prefer option 2 as well.

10. Default Re: University of Louisiana among "Best 380 Colleges"

Honestly I have worked, in a previous life, in higher ed(ish) and really never thought about how many colleges or universities there were in the US. Just wording something a certain way can change someone's perception. I am not a writer by any means and do not have that gift, so I was not trying to be critical.
    I have an early 1900 clipping from the Lafayette Gazette that said there were 1700 around the time UL was established. This probably included schools like the Delcambre Commercial College.

The State of Louisiana sure did its part to add to that number, making UL's rise in stature even more impressive.

11. Default Universityof Louisiana, City of Lafayette welcome international students

Charlotte Beaubeau, of France, will begin pursuing her doctoral degree in Francophone studies this semester at the University of Louisiana.

It’s a decision she made, in part, after she was “really charmed by Louisiana” during a visit here two years ago.

“I thought, ‘What a great place to learn and experience Francophone culture,” she explained at Monday’s UL International Students Welcome and Reception.

Beaubeau was among more than 100 students and University and civic officials who attended the event at the Lafayette Consolidated Government building.

Dr. Joseph Savoie, UL president, thanked students for choosing UL, a place where they will receive an education and “broaden their horizons and opportunities,” while helping the community “learn things about the world.”

“Hopefully, we will learn much from each other,” Savoie said.

Rose Honneger, director of the Office of International Affairs at UL, said the welcome reception is one of many activities designed to help students get acclimated to the University and the community.

Joey Durel, city-parish president, also thanked international students for deciding to attend college in Lafayette. He predicted some students will end up settling in Acadiana. “Hopefullly, when you (graduate), we’ll keep you,” he said.

Louisiana.edu

12. Default UL Lafayette names 2015 Outstanding Alumni

An attorney and a professor of chaplain ministries each received the highest honor the University of Louisiana at Lafayette gives to a former student.

More...

Louisiana.edu
    Homes SO Clean

13. Default Spring 2016 Commencement ceremonies set for Friday, May 13

THE University of Louisiana Spring 2016 Commencement ceremonies will be held on Friday, May 13, at the Cajundome and Convention Center.

More...

Louisiana.edu

14. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana Recognizes 2015-16 Student-Athletes Of The Year

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball pitcher Dylan Moore and women's basketball guard Kia Wilridge were each honored on Wednesday as they were named the UL Male and Female Student-Athlete of the Year during the athletic department's annual Student-Athlete of the Year Luncheon at the UL Student Union.

Homes SO Clean

15. Default Eight students recognized as Spring 2016 Outstanding Graduates

Eight students will be honored during Spring 2016 Commencement ceremonies as the University of Louisiana alumni Association's Outstanding Graduates.

More...

Louisiana.edu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information