Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Logos

Default Louisiana Logos

With different threads on mascots and logos, I thought I would summarize things on one thread with my thoughts on where we should go. We need to capture the LOUISIANA name on everything. JMO. See attached images. Sorry for the size of the pictures. Couldn't figure out how to make them all the right size.

LOUISIANA - use exclusively on everything (athletic and academic). If it is legal, which it is, use it.

Ragin Cajuns - great, unique moniker. Never change it.

L - use on uniforms or paraphernalia. Any time we use UL, we have to legally have Lafayette with it, somewhere on the cap or shirt, etc. Using an "L" instead is legal and would eliminate the need for the city tag, like using Louisiana. Attached are a couple of examples. Also, see the Louisiana lettering on the attached cap that came off of the UL Bookstore website. It looks like the "Louisiana" that was formerly on the state license plate. I like the simple look of the "L" on it. We can still refer to the university as UL, just use the "L". Alabama and Arkansas both use an "A" and there is no confusion. Louisville uses an Old English "L", so we use something different, whatever is selected.

Fleur de Lis - a great symbol of heritage, pride and tradition for our university. Need to incorporate the simple coloring of the FDL into our logo.

Quadrangle - The FDL in the middle of the Quad on campus looks awesome. Create a smaller version of that Quad and FDL at the athletic complex at the site of the new APL.

Logo - we need a new logo, one that is simple, cleaner and better looking than the multi-colored logo we use now and incorporates the colors of the FDL. UL has already released such a logo on the attached license plate that is now offered at the UL Bookstore.

Mascot - we need to get rid of the Pepper, now. Adopt the Gator mascot.

The Swamp - The name for our campus, both academic and athletic, like UT's "40 Acres".

Louisiana Stadium - change the name of Cajun Field to Louisiana Stadium. We can later name the field after a major donor. Even if we name the stadium after a major donor, it can still be, for example, Tabasco's Louisiana Stadium.

Louisiana Blvd. - change Cajundome Blvd. to Louisiana Blvd. Yes, we have a Louisiana Ave., but that doesn't matter. Ever been to Atlanta? Every street it seems is Peachtree St., Blvd., Ave., Rd Louisiana Blvd. goes thru the heart of our athletic campus, The Swamp, and reflects the name of our university.

Attached Images Attached Images              

Default Re: Louisiana Logos

Red "L" would be my preference.
    "#SayMyName" underneath. LOL

Picked this up last week at the red zone.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm glad we started this new thread. For those who have not seen it, here is the link to join the new Facebook group.if we get enough support, we can then send it to the right UL folks:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9204.63831/members/

Is it football season yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    With different threads on mascots and logos, I thought I would summarize things on one thread with my thoughts on where we should go. We need to capture the LOUISIANA name on everything. JMO. See attached images. Sorry for the size of the pictures. Couldn't figure out how to make them all the right size.

LOUISIANA - use exclusively on everything (athletic and academic). If it is legal, which it is, use it.

Ragin Cajuns - great, unique moniker. Never change it.

L - use on uniforms or paraphernalia. Any time we use UL, we have to legally have Lafayette with it, somewhere on the cap or shirt, etc. Using an "L" instead is legal and would eliminate the need for the city tag, like using Louisiana. Attached are a couple of examples. Also, see the Louisiana lettering on the attached cap that came off of the UL Bookstore website. It looks like the "Louisiana" that was formerly on the state license plate. I like the simple look of the "L" on it. We can still refer to the university as UL, just use the "L". Alabama and Arkansas both use an "A" and there is no confusion. Louisville uses an Old English "L", so we use something different, whatever is selected.

Fleur de Lis - a great symbol of heritage, pride and tradition for our university. Need to incorporate the simple coloring of the FDL into our logo.

Quadrangle - The FDL in the middle of the Quad on campus looks awesome. Create a smaller version of that Quad and FDL at the athletic complex at the site of the new APL.

Logo - we need a new logo, one that is simple, cleaner and better looking than the multi-colored logo we use now and incorporates the colors of the FDL. UL has already released such a logo on the attached license plate that is now offered at the UL Bookstore.

Mascot - we need to get rid of the Pepper, now. Adopt the Gator mascot.

The Swamp - The name for our campus, both academic and athletic, like UT's "40 Acres".

Louisiana Stadium - change the name of Cajun Field to Louisiana Stadium. We can later name the field after a major donor. Even if we name the stadium after a major donor, it can still be, for example, Tabasco's Louisiana Stadium.

Louisiana Blvd. - change Cajundome Blvd. to Louisiana Blvd. Yes, we have a Louisiana Ave., but that doesn't matter. Ever been to Atlanta? Every street it seems is Peachtree St., Blvd., Ave., Rd Louisiana Blvd. goes thru the heart of our athletic campus, The Swamp, and reflects the name of our university.
    Dude, from your mouth to our marketing folks ears, lol. Some great ideas. I especially like re-naming Cajundome Blvd: there's a whole lot more going on there than the CD, and so Louisiana Blvd captures it better.
    I also like the use of the "L," but FYI, my dad got his master's +30 from lspooh. He had a ring that he always wore: it had a single gold 'L' on it.but make no mistakehe always thought of himself more of a UL fan.by far.
    He's gone now, and when we were going through his stuff I did NOT fight my brother for the ring, lol.

In my trips down.my kids always liked to see the pepper. I see the mascot for the kids entertainment not for the adults (Cajun Chicken being the exception). Through our kids eyes, Cayenne is fine.

The baseball club my son plays for here in DFW is the Cajun Cayennes. With very little exception, most parents of teams we play against know exactly who the Ragin' Cajuns are and associate our culture (like it or not).with Cayenne pepper / hot sauce. Gator? 99.9% of country will think of Florida first not Ragin' Cajuns. Cayenne? that % goes to 90+% UL Ragin' Cajuns.

Love the L, renaming of streetsall good ideas!!!!

I can get behind nearly everything you wrote. We need a comprehensive, campus-wide, unwavering approach to this like yesterday. However, can we PUHLEEZE stop this bull gator crap. It is a tired, suck-_____ idea that has already been done. For crying out loud, we benefit from having one of the most unique footprints on the planet. I cannot see why we want to give that up. Florida beat us to the gator. Let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    my kids always liked to see the pepper. I see the mascot for the kids entertainment not for the adults (Cajun Chicken being the exception). Through our kids eyes, Cayenne is fine.
    This. A big fat THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    I can get behind nearly everything you wrote. We need a comprehensive, campus-wide, unwavering approach to this like yesterday. However, can we PUHLEEZE stop this bull gator crap. It is a tired, suck-_____ idea that has already been done. For crying out loud, we benefit from having one of the most unique footprints on the planet. I cannot see why we want to give that up. Florida beat us to the gator. Let's move on.
    Well, I certainly respect your opinion, but we will have to agree to disagree. Adding an Alligator as our mascot would definitely not change our footprint, IMO, and I also don't think that other schools having a similar mascot should not dissuade us either.

The block L used by the Lafayette Leopards is nice, and ESPN is already using it for us. Let's just roll with that. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Well, I certainly respect your opinion, but we will have to agree to disagree. Adding an Alligator as our mascot would definitely not change our footprint, IMO, and I also don't think that other schools having a similar mascot should not dissuade us either.
    I suppose you are right. I think the Ragin' Cajuns thing should go to. We would definitely be better off with Mighty Tigers or Fighting Bulldogs.

Ceding what makes us unique is a death sentence. We have a hard enough time distinguishing ourselves without giving that up. I see no benefit to chucking Cayenne for some pseudo-manly substitute.

Not to mention that it just isn't ever going to happen. The thrust of your original post was that we should all be pulling in the same direction on a consolidated group of identifiers we all agree on. Of those things, only the bull gator represents wasted motion. Not only is it counter productive, it creates confusion where it is neither needed or useful. Just sayin'.

I just don't think getting rid of the pepper is equivalent in any way shape or form to us adopting either tigers or bulldogs. He's only been around for ~10 years.was not very well received from the beginning, and that continues to this day. Sorry. I just think we can and should do better.

14. Default Re: Louisiana Logos

You know that Cayenne is a NYC produced mascot. We paid $30k for him and the hot wheel logo. This Cayenne is revised because the original looked like a red dildo.

It's not like this is a century old mascot. Probably less than 20 years ago this happened

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You know that Cayenne is a NYC produced mascot. We paid $30k for him and the hot wheel logo. This Cayenne is revised because the original looked like a red dildo.

It's not like this is a century old mascot. Probably less than 20 years ago this happened
    Exactly: about as far away from a hallowed, time honored tradition as you can get, lol. Per Wikipedia, he was introduced in 2000.so that's just 15 years ago, for you ltur stalkers, lol.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information