Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guillory Hall Overlook/Cypess Lake

1. Default Re: Guillory Hall Overlook/Cypess Lake

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well you have finally won me over. The gator is the prefect mascot for a school surrounded by the greatest wetlands in the USA. Forget that Florida has a gator, UNO uses a gator. Our unique nick name's use of Louisiana Ragin'Cajuns, the Fleur De Lis, and a gator seems to be a seamless weave of fine Louisiana silk fabric. Tie it to the Swamp and you have finally found the icons needed to end this ever ongoing search for what represents a Ragin'Cajun.
    ----I would like to see every time we use Swamp we always use "The Original SWAMP"-----And C EX I think I have been bitten by the Gator idea!!!

Default Re: Guillory Hall Overlook/Cypess Lake

Well, I don't know how many RP'S are also on Facebook, but if so, here is the new group to get a new mascot:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/920443964663831/

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Here are the florida mascots. I could see ours having "Louis" & "Anna" on themseems that would be a whole lot better than a fricking chili pepper!
    Here is our mascot. Different from Florida's. And, we can still have a Louie and Anna with the red gator.

Louisiana Ragin Cajuns in "The Swamp" with a Gator mascot. Only two schools in the country with a gator mascot, Louisiana and Florida.

And, it maintains the connection to the Swamp on campus and the Swamp at Cajun Field (time to rename it LOUISIANA Stadium).

Like the University of Texas that names its campus the "40 Acres", maybe we should call our campus, athletic and academic, "The Swamp".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Here is our mascot. Different from Florida's. And, we can still have a Louie and Anna with the red gator.

Louisiana Ragin Cajuns in "The Swamp" with a Gator mascot. Only two schools in the country with a gator mascot, Louisiana and Florida.

And, it maintains the connection to the Swamp on campus and the Swamp at Cajun Field (time to rename it LOUISIANA Stadium).

Like the University of Texas that names its campus the "40 Acres", maybe we should call our campus, athletic and academic, "The Swamp".

Man, that looks GREAT! Right now I only see a thumbnailwhich we could see it full size. I'd also like to add it to the FB page, if you don't mind.

The overlook is used more than many realize. I have grandchildren from out of state. One of the things they like to do is visit the lake to feed the fish and see the gators. More often than not when we go, we meet tourists and other grandparents doing the same.

Man, that looks GREAT! Right now I only see a thumbnailwhich we could see it full size. I'd also like to add it to the FB page, if you don't mind.
    I didn't create the gator mascot, but love it. Would whoever created it take credit for it and provide a larger version?

7. Default Re: Guillory Hall Overlook/Cypess Lake

I didn't create the gator mascot, but love it. Would whoever created it take credit for it and provide a larger version?
    ----And please get a copy write (right)---Never know how the guys to the East would "COPY" this!!!

8. Default

UNO has a gator. Not a live one but a person in a gator suit. We'd be stepping on in state toes. I don't care about their toes. Just know there will be squawking.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UNO has a gator. Not a live one but a person in a gator suit. We'd be stepping on in state toes. I don't care about their toes. Just know there will be squawking.
    Our red gator would eat their gator. toes and all.

Remember when we were the Bulldogs along with LA Tech? Wasn't a problem. Then, there are the Louisiana State Tigers and the Grambling State Tigers, both the moniker and mascot. We still have the Ragin Cajuns monker, just using a Gator as a mascot. UNO's gator is supposed to be reflective of the Privateers? At least ours is reflective of The Swamp habitat on campus where actual gators reside. Let them squawk. UNO no longer has an athletic presence to be relevant.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Remember when we were the Bulldogs along with LA Tech? Wasn't a problem. Then, there are the Louisiana State Tigers and the Grambling State Tigers, both the moniker and mascot. We still have the Ragin Cajuns monker, just using a Gator as a mascot. UNO's gator is supposed to be reflective of the Privateers? At least ours is reflective of The Swamp habitat on campus where actual gators reside. Let them squawk. UNO no longer has an athletic presence to be relevant.
    I agree. And when we bring back the Fabulous Cajun Chicken. and ULM squawks about him being a studlier version of their chicken. there still won't be a problem.

12. Default Re: Guillory Hall Overlook/Cypess Lake

There is a larger version if you scroll down on the second link. By the way it was a colaberation between CajunFan64 and myself.

As with most ideas there is often a build upon another idea tendency.

Back in 2006 CajunFan64 suggested Fideaux here (green Bullgator) https://forumeus.com/.or-Mascot-Idea

Then again in 2009 CajunFan 64 re-suggested Fideaux (Red Bullgator) here https://forumeus.com/.ideaux-Vs-Mike

I did the conversion of CajunFan64's 2006 green version to red by flipping the drawing horizontally, and giving it a Red 3D appearance with some Adobe software I have though I think it was owned by Macromedia at the time.

You can see it if you scroll down in the last link. I don't recall if that was the first time I posted the remake or if I was reposting it.

Man, that really does look awesome. Can there really be any debate among anyone that this MUCH better than that stupid pepper???

Well, I don't know how many RP'S are also on Facebook, but if so, here is the new group to get a new mascot:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/920443964663831/
    im in, approve me so I can share and get some peeps to join

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    im in, approve me so I can share and get some peeps to join
    Great!!! Just added a few peeps. Let's get the word out there!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information