Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

1. Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

A verifiable ticket scanning system.

Over time, tailgate groups who prove their tickets were used move closer to the stadium.

Non game attendees slide to the fringes.

Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

Ticket winners get a chance to wrestle a bull alligator in The Swamp while wearing Samurai blow-up suits. All at 2' below sea level.

Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

Send some staffers around pregame taking photos of folks tailgating telling them pictures of tailgaters are being 'posted' on the video board instead of the silly cartoon car race. Then tell'm "see you at the game". Better yet let students post their own pics. Subject to editing of course. Most like to see themselves on TV or better yet a loved one! Kids, babies, etc. showing these fan pictures throughout the game when there is time to do so. Hokey, but it might pull in a few more photogenic UL fans.

There is never going to be a way to force people into the game. Rather than force, you have to entice them to want to come into the game early.

As an example, why is Tiger Stadium always full prior to kickoff? It's not because they love football more than we do. It's because no one wants to miss the band's entrance on to the field.

We need something like that. I don't know what it is, but we need it.

We can not shame people, or guilt people into submission, the reason why the band goes around the tailgating area is to remind people that they need to go in, but that doesn't compute to the average tailgater.

We just need a signal telling people that the game is about to start, and they need to start heading towards the gate (Air Raid Siren).

I say we take the Alligator out of the swamp and parade him around Cajun Field. That could be our live mascot.

But a lot don't hear the band going around. I know we can't hear them from the corner. Would we be able to hear the bell, air horn, etc? So many people playing music, that's all we hear. Not complaining, because the music is usually good.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

People aren't failing to go inside because they don't hear the alarm clock. In fact, if everyone moved toward the gates simultaneously, it would become a logger jam.

8. Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    People aren't failing to go inside because they don't hear the alarm clock. In fact, if everyone moved toward the gates simultaneously, it would become a logger jam.

---If you really want to wizz the non entry folks off

Ring the bell/siren and have a ban on drinking alcohol until the game is over!!! Brings a new meaning to last call for alcohol---Get your drink and head for the gates to see the Cajuns and be able to drink when you get inside!!!

How about putting one of these in every other seat. Girl and beer included!

Attached Images Attached Images  

10. Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    We need to win, and LSU needs to somehow get so bad that fans lose interest.
    Still won't work. Louisianans have been subjected to the LSU brain washing for too long. And now there is the SEC brain washing. The LSU zombies will still go and be like a Miss St. friend of mine used to say. "Hey, we're a lot better than our record. Take out the SEC games and we're undefeated or have only 1 loss year after year."

Quote Originally Posted by Stabil123 View Post
    Start with making it easy to get in the stadium, and as previously mentioned WIN
    This one confuses me. How hard is it to get in the stadium? Been going for years now and it has never been hard to enter. Does standing in line makes it hard? Are you mugged at the gate? Now if it is only a couple attending and they stop you at the gate to check you for weapons for a couple of hours I can under stand that. But when you have 30+K attending and you want to be in the front of the line leave home or the tailgate area a little early......problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We do more damage than good harassing tailgaters that don't come into the game. Our program screwed itself by not having the best product possible inside the stadium for a decade and more. It created a culture of staying at the tailgates. That's a hard thing to break - eating, drinking, socializing. I'd look for ways to promote tailgaters into CF. Winning is obvious.

I wish Hud had the time before kickoff to walk through very specific known large tailgates and ask them to attend the game. I used to think we should do a live cam deal where a former well known football player would walk around and ask people (well after kickoff) why they aren't inside. We tell these people that we're posting the videos on the big screen as part of a future halftime presentation, unless we see way less of this behavior. But again, I don't think negative selling works.
    J1M, you say harassing the tailgaters want help. And than you say send out former well known players after kick off asking them why they are not at the game. Well which should we do, let them be are get on them for not attending?

13. Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

Encouraging some one is not harassment. Big difference.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    J1M, you say harassing the tailgaters want help. And than you say send out former well known players after kick off asking them why they are not at the game. Well which should we do, let them be are get on them for not attending?
    It's where I'd draw the line. The person would be giving them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't realize the game started. I wouldn't hassle small groups. I know some tailgate groups leave a couple people just to watch over their stuff. It's the big groups that I wouldn't mind a subtle form of harassment. I'm pretty solidly convinced that we will only get more attendees when the attraction of watching the game live inside is bigger in their mind than other alternatives. But, since a culture of just partying in the lot has become the habit of some... I wouldn't mind a little pressure on some of them to stop insulting our football players.

15. Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

For want of fans we won't harass.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information