Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    This suggestion has always made me cringe. I'd rather not have the university be Nazis towards tailgating. We want to be "big time"? The big time programs don't do this.
    Big time programs don't have empty seats while people are out tailgating. Those people are outside cause they can't.ya know.get in.

2. Sunbelt Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

Absolutely not true Hawk, I know plenty of people at LSU who rather party than sit in that stadium. They go to some, party for some. Your statement makes it seem like it is an absolute 99% truth. Now the parking lot at LSU used to be huge adjacent to the stadium. That is no longer the case and so most people in that lot go into the game as they have very little room to tailgate. Same for most of our fans with only parking spots.

Regardless if true or false I would absolutely never try to force somebody into the stadium. If they buy their tickets, and qualify to park then stay and party so be it. You cannot buy love nor force it.

Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Regardless if true or false I would absolutely never try to force somebody into the stadium. If they buy their tickets, and qualify to park then stay and party so be it. You cannot buy love nor force it.
    +1

I'll just go a step further and say having some 30 minute pre-game mandate for people either make their way into the stadium or leave the grounds is short-sighted and dumb.

I think a large bell or siren 30 minutes prior to gametime could be a neat addition, but in should no way institute a mandate.

No tradition fee or 25% off of season tickets if your tickets are purchased with an address outside of the Lafayette MSA.

For Petes sake! A young alumni RCAF program and seating. Discount RCAF membership for 4 years post graduation and offer discounted food and drink in the stadium for that section.

5. Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

Actually some good ideas here. Love the siren before game time idea. Students should have a "points for attendance" system, and the reward has to be something that's worth while. Also for odd time games, like Tuesday's, something like by 2 beers, get 1 free or similar. Double points for the previously referred to points system.

In addition to better home schedule and WINNING baby.

Like the bell tower idea. Could have something similar to Seattle's pregame deal with a different celeb ringing the bell.

Boomer could ring the fight song on the bell. Then we could hear what it is supposed to sound like.

7. Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Boomer could ring the fight song on the bell. Then we could hear what it is supposed to sound like.
    ----Hey, remember the old organs at the ball parks??? Just thinking my k-board and between innings??? Correct--correct fight song!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Hey, remember the old organs at the ball parks??? Just thinking my k-board and between innings??? Correct--correct fight song!!! lol
    I would pay to have you play at baseball games.

This suggestion has always made me cringe. I'd rather not have the university be Nazis towards tailgating. We want to be "big time"? The big time programs don't do this.
    Big mistake, some of the tail gaters who don't go in just might be significant RCAF doners. Do we want to drive them away, we just need to broaden our base, you do that by winning

Big time programs also have tailgaters who don't go in. 2 things separate us:

1.) More often then not the huge majority of those tailgating outside the stadium simply can't get tickets
    2.) The minority of those tailgating outside is a small percentage in the overall attendance compared to a moderate percentage of attendance with us.

I'll just go a step further and say having some 30 minute pre-game mandate for people either make their way into the stadium or leave the grounds is short-sighted and dumb.
    Well what is your plan? Calling something dumb is not really constructive.

Technically, the parking lot/spots are reserved for tailgating before and after games, not during. There's been a problem over the years of people loitering around and stealing things out of ice chests as well as ice chests themselves. Cajun Field does not have enough Security personnel to monitor people still outside the stadium while the game is going on.

You want to tailgate all day and drink to your hearts content? Absolutely not a problem! We'd also love it if you make your way to the stadium 30 minutes prior to kickoff. If you don't feel like going to the game or you just want to drink and watch other football games, that's commendable but that can be done at any bars in the area.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We do more damage than good harassing tailgaters that don't come into the game. Our program screwed itself by not having the best product possible inside the stadium for a decade and more. It created a culture of staying at the tailgates. That's a hard thing to break - eating, drinking, socializing. I'd look for ways to promote tailgaters into CF. Winning is obvious.

I wish Hud had the time before kickoff to walk through very specific known large tailgates and ask them to attend the game. I used to think we should do a live cam deal where a former well known football player would walk around and ask people (well after kickoff) why they aren't inside. We tell these people that we're posting the videos on the big screen as part of a future halftime presentation, unless we see way less of this behavior. But again, I don't think negative selling works.

Go around selling 50/50 tickets to the tailgaters. Must be in the stadium to win.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Go around selling 50/50 tickets to the tailgaters. Must be in the stadium to win.
    Stamp a number on each program book and use that for the drawing. Increase the price of the program book by $1 and use that money for the drawing. (But I suppose there is nothing preventing some enterprising future CFO from selling the program book to tailgators outside of the stadium.)

14. Default Re: CONTEST: Best ideas for getting more people into the stadium on game day

"Swamp Stories"

3 hours at 2' below sea level is something to tell your friends about.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Swamp Stories"

3 hours at 2' below sea level is something to tell your friends about.
    This has the makings of an excellent bumper sticker.

"I survived 3 hours at 2' below sea level

The Swamp

Louisiana Football"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information