Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Cajuns hoops crowds top SBC

1. Default Cajuns hoops crowds top SBC

UL — The NCAA released its attendance figures from the 2014-15 basketball season Monday, and Louisiana (men) finished as the Sun Belt’s top team.

An average of 3,987 fans attended the Cajuns’ 16 home contests last season, according to t.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Default Re: Cajuns hoops crowds top SBC

I'd like to see us average over 4K and outdraw Tech this year (we were close on both). We gotta do better for Coach Broadhead and the Women!! Less than a thousand per game for a team that WON a post season tournament is beneath us! I know the tournament games drew a little better, so I'm guessing these are regular season figures. I'm guilty too, as I only catch a few games and its when they play doubleheaders with the guys.

This needs to increase by at least 50%. To do that, we can't play non-D1 games. Not paying $50,000 to get quality D1 home games is, IMO, a false economy.

So we are the attendance champs in 4 of 5 major sports

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    This needs to increase by at least 50%. To do that, we can't play non-D1 games. Not paying $50,000 to get quality D1 home games is, IMO, a false economy.
    Yep.

That is small time thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    So we are the attendance champs in 4 of 5 major sports
    No excuse for it not being all 5. Our numbers in Football, and both Hoops need to improve. With the success we have had the last few years we should be averaging 30K+, 6K and 2K.

No excuse for it not being all 5. Our numbers in Football, and both Hoops need to improve. With the success we have had the last few years we should be averaging 30K+, 6K and 2K.
    We will this year

Our attendance numbers all hinge on the first game of the season

9. Default

False economy is a fact. The naysayers would argue not.

I ran a very successful retail business for a decade. I did not make marketing and promotion decisions on a small sample.

That's exactly what Farmer does when he said bigger names don't result in bigger crowds. You have to build your fan base one game at a time. Good ball vs good teams will build a Pavlovian stimulus and the fans will come.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Our attendance numbers all hinge on the first game of the season
    Coach Marlin has to jettison the idea that he needs ten games to get his team seasoned. If he wants, and he does, a bigger gig he better have some 23 + regular season wins coupled with NIT or NCAA bids.

11. Default Re: Cajuns hoops crowds top SBC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

I ran a very successful retail business for a decade. I did not make marketing and promotion decisions on a small sample.

That's exactly what Farmer does when he said bigger names don't result in bigger crowds. You have to build your fan base one game at a time. Good ball vs good teams will build a Pavlovian stimulus and the fans will come.
    ----Well, finally we have a reason for that ugly "BELL TOWER"----Ring it and they will come!!!! lol

12. Default Re: Cajuns hoops crowds top SBC

I ❤️ The tower. Don't be dissing her.

I ❤️ The tower. Don't be dissing her.
    I do too.

Need to find a way to harness the students. Not sure how though!

Totally agree. Kansas State on a Friday night got us, what 18K. Southern gets us capacity crowd. That doesn't mean we should schedule I-AA teams to maximize the crowds.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information