Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Tigue update?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Spoke to a Huge RaginCajun supporter who's son-in-law was and still is with the Ragin Cagin Cellebration Event fundraising organizers. He told me the Tigues renovation and addition would total some $20 million! $10 million from the university and another $10 million from Baseball donors! Can anyone verify this to be true/false?
    With state higher education in it's current financial situation the only money I see schools being able to justify as expenditures are educationally related. JMO

Default Re: Tigue update?

NO and I repeat NO money will be coming from the university.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Spoke to a Huge RaginCajun supporter who's son-in-law was and still is with the Ragin Cagin Cellebration Event fundraising organizers. He told me the Tigues renovation and addition would total some $20 million! $10 million from the university and another $10 million from Baseball donors! Can anyone verify this to be true/false?
    False. The budget for the project is $10 million. Unless your friend has an extra $10 mil. No university funds.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    NO and I repeat NO money will be coming from the university.
    Tony said Saturday night that they have a donor who is willing to put up $5M of matching money. We need to come up with the balance of the cost of the project. With all the baseball fans on here that shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Tony said Saturday night that they have a donor who is willing to put up $5M of matching money. We need to come up with the balance of the cost of the project. With all the baseball fans on here that shouldn't be a problem.
    That is correct, I will send you a an email.

That is correct, I will send you a an email.
    Is this the 5M in the bank or what could turn that 5M in the bank to 15M? So we really could be looking at more than 10M - if additional funds are raised?

The architects were told to work on a basis of 10 mil. I don't see that number going up.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Is this the 5M in the bank or what could turn that 5M in the bank to 15M? So we really could be looking at more than 10M - if additional funds are raised?
    The 5 million is not in the bank, it is matching funds. The donor will match dollar for dollar the first $5 million raised. The plans and the upgrades are based off of $10 million budget, the only way the plans would change is if they would raise more money before the project starts.

The 5 million is not in the bank, it is matching funds. The donor will match dollar for dollar the first $5 million raised. The plans and the upgrades are based off of $10 million budget, the only way the plans would change is if they would raise more money before the project starts.
    Any change someone will start a fund raiser to try and get this going? I could imagine pulling a nice chuck just from the diamond club and season ticket holders if someone just asked.

Didn't they say that it was all SILENT and no one was to know how much and when anything was to start? Down east of here when someone WHISPER anything, the next day the bulldozers move in, start building whatever, than start looking for the money which is in hand the next dayLike the Box, $15M, after they started it would cost $30M. Administration raised hell about the over run but said OK find the moneythey found an extra $15M.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Didn't they say that it was all SILENT and no one was to know how much and when anything was to start? Down east of here when someone WHISPER anything, the next day the bulldozers move in, start building whatever, than start looking for the money which is in hand the next dayLike the Box, $15M, after they started it would cost $30M. Administration raised hell about the over run but said OK find the moneythey found an extra $15M.
    And that's the difference between big time athletic and a mid major. Cooperate sponsorships built the box. Many of them. We don't have that here. Coorperate sponsors will pay a lot of money to see there name behind home plate or scoreboard or be one of very few advertisements on the wall on tv every weekend.

Hell.many of the baseball fans on here don't even donate a few bucks towards the RP fundraiser.and we think they will collectively come up with $5million? Seriously?!

13. Default Re: Tigue update?

The UL Horse Farm just got $17 Million for naming rights.

You just need the right *man selling.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Hell.many of the baseball fans on here don't even donate a few bucks towards the RP fundraiser.and we think they will collectively come up with $5million? Seriously?!
    Not many Walk the Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not many Walk the Talk.
    Have to say I've been at Diamond Club meetings where this was spoken about and many would donate if they come up with an actual plan on what is wanted, how much we need to raise, and a method to track the fundraising efforts to let folks know where we stand. They've been on the "silent" phase for over a year with respect to phase II of the master plan (which includes the Tigue renovation), and maybe the reason they are still silent is it prevents anyone from knowing how they are doing. I know lots of schools give updates to motivate giving. It might be worth a try to let folks know exactly what you want and how you plan to go about it. JMO

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information