Thread: Tim Sensley

1. People Tim Sensley

McNeese hires ex-Cajun Sensley

LAKE CHARLES — It was one year ago this week that the football bug sank its teeth into Tim Sensley again.

The former standout cornerback at then-USL was working with the McNeese State football camp, just for something to do in the summer.

“I told the coaches then if something were to open up, to keep me in mind,’’ Sensley said.

In the next couple of weeks, he begins his new job coaching the Cowboy cornerbacks.

“I can’t wait,’’ he said. “I’ve been looking forward to it ever since we started talking about it. Expectations are high, but I like a challenge.’’

Sensley, who wrapped up an award-winning career with the Ragin’ Cajuns in 1995, played two years in NFL defensive backfields with the New York Giants and the Carolina Panthers. Since that time, though, he’s confined himself to teaching, mostly on the middle school level, with some coaching and high school football officiating to keep his hand in the game.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@lafayette.gannett.com

Ragin' Cajuns

WOW. What a great opportunity!! Best of luck to him and the Cowboys this season!!!

Thread Information