Thread: 2015 Summer Bourbon/Scotch/whiskey thread

1. Default Re: Summer Bourbon/Scotch/whiskey thread

MelRock sounds like a bourbon.

"MelRock Bourbon", "Tastes Mello . Will Rock Your World!"

Default Re: Summer Bourbon/Scotch/whiskey thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    MelRock sounds like a bourbon.

"MelRock Bourbon", "Tastes Mello . Will Rock Your World!"
    I keep trying to convince my boss he needs to back in bourbon distillery, he is not going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I love the Ocean, probably the smoothest bourbon I have tasted. You can pick up at Ambassador Wine and Spirits, it is about $12 a bottle cheaper than anywhere else I was able to find it. The 1792 very smooth as well with a hint on pepper. It reminds me a lot of the Calumet Farms Bourbon.
    MelRock,
    I broke the seal on my first bottle of Ocean last night. I must admit, your evaluation of the product is spot on! I'm not an expert on bourbon like many of you appear to be, but I really like it and it won't be my last bottle for sure!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    MelRock,
    I broke the seal on my first bottle of Ocean last night. I must admit, your evaluation of the product is spot on! I'm not an expert on bourbon like many of you appear to be, but I really like it and it won't be my last bottle for sure!
    at 90 bucks a bottle share with only your closest friends and "coozans/nephews" That is some excellent stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    at 90 bucks a bottle share with only your closest friends and "coozans/nephews" That is some excellent stuff!!
    Zee,
    I don't have any friends! Would you like to join me? LOL!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Zee,
    I don't have any friends! Would you like to join me? LOL!!!
    LOL! Only if you promise to accept one of my fine stogies in return!!! BTW, I don't have friends either, just acquaintances.

Z

I was given a bottle of Willett Bourbon as a gift recently and I really like the flavor on this one.

http://www.kentuckybourbonwhiskey.co.-Still-Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Go to Ambassador Wine and Spirits $71, not cheep but better than $90. I also found it in Dallas for $65 for Voyage 3, everything I see around here is voyage 4. Voyage 5 will be coming out this fall.

MelRock,
    Glad you are enjoying it. You don't have to be an expert to know that is some good stuff. Look on the backside of the bottle on the neck, what is the number. More than likely it is 4 if you bought it around here. I am just curious.

Glad you are enjoying it. You don't have to be an expert to know that is some good stuff. Look on the backside of the bottle on the neck, what is the number. More than likely it is 4 if you bought it around here. I am just curious.
    MelRock,
    My bottle is "voyage 3", whatever that means. Not sure where it was bought because I received it as a gift!

MelRock,
    My bottle is "voyage 3", whatever that means.
    Thats the boat that went around Cypermort Point for 3 years.

Go to Ambassador Wine and Spirits $71, not cheep but better than $90. I also found it in Dallas for $65 for Voyage 3, everything I see around here is voyage 4. Voyage 5 will be coming out this fall.
    We'll finish Hammers bottle first, Next one is on me!!

Z

MelRock,
    My bottle is "voyage 3", whatever that means.
    Very nice, yours is from the 3rd batch that went around the world. They just finished up batch 5 is my understanding. I think some of them traveled longer than others. I have to believe that the motion of the ocean gives it its smooth taste. I think they only move the barrels around warehouse once maybe twice a year. Also go to the R&D tab at http://jeffersonsbourbon.com/ then click on explore the voyage.

From Distiller "Jefferson's released their first (very small) batch of ocean-aged bourbon in August 2012 with only 300 bottles for sale. This third batch has slightly more bottles to sell (about 300 barrels, rather than bottles) and was released in October 2014. Each batch has varied in time in barrel and time at sea along with the proof. The sourced bourbon is initially aged on land for six years before spending a further 6 months at sea. It traveled to five continents and crossed the equator 4 times before bottling."

Very nice, yours is from the 3rd batch that went around the world. They just finished up batch 5 is my understanding. I think some of them traveled longer than others. I have to believe that the motion of the ocean gives it its smooth taste. I think they only move the barrels around warehouse once maybe twice a year. Also go to the R&D tab at http://jeffersonsbourbon.com/ then click on explore the voyage.

From Distiller "Jefferson's released their first (very small) batch of ocean-aged bourbon in August 2012 with only 300 bottles for sale. This third batch has slightly more bottles to sell (about 300 barrels, rather than bottles) and was released in October 2014. Each batch has varied in time in barrel and time at sea along with the proof. The sourced bourbon is initially aged on land for six years before spending a further 6 months at sea. It traveled to five continents and crossed the equator 4 times before bottling."
    WOW MelRock, I had no idea about the process! This just proves that hanging out at Ragin Pagin can be a very educational experience!!!! LOL!

_____, now I'm not sure I should drink all of it knowing how much work they put into making it!!!

I don't like me enough to splurge $90 on a bottle . but I enjoy reading about you guys that do . and daily for some (ok, well maybe one)!

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information