Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: 2015 Summer Bourbon/Scotch/whiskey thread

Default 2015 Summer Bourbon/Scotch/whiskey thread

So, baseball is over. There's a few months till football season. Nows the time when the threads get extra silly, even by ragin pagin standards. So in lieu of more band/name/uniform/conference/etc threads I propose an all bourbon thread.

First up:

What's your favorite bourbon?

What's the proper recipe for an old fashioned?

For me I like buffalo trace. Good compromise between taste and price. As far as old fashioneds go I like em every way. Fruit muddled, fruit not muddled, no fruit, club soda, no club sodaI like em all. But the proper way is sugar cube, bitters, dash of water, muddle the sugar, chunk of ice and some bourbon. Simple and strong.

Fire away.

Default Re: Offseason Bourbon Drink Thread

I like George Dickel No. 8. Cheaper bourbon, but great taste. I find it's not as harsh as Buffalo Trace, but has a similar flavor profile.

I'm a fan of the old fashioned's in the style of Don's seafood. Muddled cherry and orange. Couple of dashes of bitters and teaspoon of simple syrup. All this in a tumbler glass filled with ice. Add bourbon till glass is 3/4 to full with bourbon.

Can I propose a thread rule?

If anyone suggests a bottle of bourbon that is north of $100/bottle then you must invite all interested parties to a tasting party of said bottle at your residence.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Can I propose a thread rule?

If anyone suggests a bottle of bourbon that is north of $100/bottle then you must invite all interested parties to a tasting party of said bottle at your residence.
    Good call!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    I like George Dickel No. 8. Cheaper bourbon, but great taste. I find it's not as harsh as Buffalo Trace, but has a similar flavor profile.

I'm a fan of the old fashioned's in the style of Don's seafood. Muddled cherry and orange. Couple of dashes of bitters and teaspoon of symple syrup. All this in a tumbler glass filled with ice. Add bourbon till glass is 3/4 to full with bourbon.
    Cant beat a Dons Old Fashioned!

http://coolmaterial.com/food-drink/t.at-least-once/

Some of these are insanely priced, some are right in the wheelhouse. Hammer was the Jeffersons Oceans what we had Saturday night watching the ballgame?

Z

Great thread leading up to our opening football game in Kentucky. I have been to a game there, and they drink A LOT of Bourbon. (in and out of the stadium). Tailgating there would be a good place to put all these Old Fashioned recipes to the test.

I've been making my Ole Fashion with Maker's lately. Both Don's have good ones. Downtown grows hair on your chest.

I don't drink. I need another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I don't drink. I need another topic.
    or start drinking??

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    or start drinking??

Z
    Yeah he needs to work on his problem solving skills

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    or start drinking??

Z
    I'll consider it

I have always been a Wild Turkey 101 guy. I friend in New Orleans will get me a bottle of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon every now and then. That is a very, very good bottle.

Eagle Rare 10 year Single Barrel. When I eat sushi, I always do a double neat with an orange slice. Goes down so smooth.

Favorite bourbon drink is hands down Mint Julep.

Blue Dog has one of the best old fashions I have ever had

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information