Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: Summer Beer Thread

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

Enjoying a Boulevard The Calling DIPA this evening.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Enjoying a Boulevard The Calling DIPA this evening.
    What event are you preparing for after you finish this fine beverage?

IBC, Root Beer, ice cold!!! After painting outside tomorrow!

Bayou Teche Peach IPA.some good ____e

Sierra Nevada hop hunter IPa. So awesome.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Bayou Teche Peach IPA.some good ____e
    That does sound refreshing, sir!!!!

Z

Sierra Nevada/Boulevard collaboration resulting in Terra Incongita. 13% regular ale, 55% ale aged in wine barrels and 32% ale aged in bourbon barrels, for a fantastic 10% ABV beer.

Ok guys (and gals), this has been quite an impressive list of beers (and whiskey in the other thread) but I would like to know some additional info.

After cutting the grass or working out in the yard I like almost any ice cold beer but am partial to a Heineken. What are your optimum serving conditions, ie ice cold, chilled, room temp. etc.?

Thanks and keep those beers coming!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

If you're gonna drink Heineken, you got to get the mini-keg. There's no substitute. Their draft is far superior than their bottled product.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Ok guys (and gals), this has been quite an impressive list of beers (and whiskey in the other thread) but I would like to know some additional info.

After cutting the grass or working out in the yard I like almost any ice cold beer but am partial to a Heineken. What are your optimum serving conditions, ie ice cold, chilled, room temp. etc.?

Thanks and keep those beers coming!

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    Personally, I like all lagers/pilsners from an ice chest (cold as it gets). I like brown ales from a refrigerator or ice chest. I like stouts/darks room temperature. I have sampled brown ales at room temperature (probably best for sampling). I'm not big on switching from one to another. IPAs and hoppy beers are sometimes really good if I start with them. but I don't like friends getting me to sample them when I've already hit my stride with something else. just me. But in a pinch, I'll break my own rules. In general, outdoor activities where I'm going to sweat a lot. I like ice cold domestic pilsners from an ice chest. just me.

Chilled-to-Room Temp for Lights
    Ice Cold for Darks

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Chilled-to-Room Temp for Lights
    Ice Cold for Darks
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Personally, I like all lagers/pilsners from an ice chest (cold as it gets). I like brown ales from a refrigerator or ice chest. I like stouts/darks room temperature. I have sampled brown ales at room temperature (probably best for sampling). I'm not big on switching from one to another. IPAs and hoppy beers are sometimes really good if I start with them. but I don't like friends getting me to sample them when I've already hit my stride with something else. just me. But in a pinch, I'll break my own rules. In general, outdoor activities where I'm going to sweat a lot. I like ice cold domestic pilsners from an ice chest. just me.
    I'm the opposite. I find the strong flavors of an IPA tend to stand out after drinking a few of another type of beer. So if I'm sampling another brew after catching my "stride" on one type of brew, I tend to go to an IPA because it's a different flavor profile that can be a sort of shock to the pallet after getting used to another type of beer.

Anyone want to guess what beer I'm drinking this summer? LOL

15. Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

I have never associated beer drinking and "stride" but hey.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information