Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yoga pants in Whole Foods.

Lots of them.
    Yoga pants on the internet.

More than Whole Foods.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    It's a Beer Advocate 100 rated beer. 12.4%!! I would start fights in Whole Foods over Kale drinking that stuff.
    The type of beer that puts hair on your chest.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Yoga pants on the internet.

More than Whole Foods.
    Ok, so if one is scared to leave their parents' basement.then you have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    The type of beer that puts hair on your chest.
    Which is why one shouldn't let their wives/girlfriend drink any. Keep it all for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Which is why one shouldn't let their wives/girlfriend drink any. Keep it all for yourself.
    Well of course.

Report from Monroe's Brewfest this past Saturday night.it was ____. Due to threat of rain it was moved from the Riverwalk to the old Coca Cola building. Tickets were a pretty steep $50. Night before we went to a pretty good upscale liquor store called Tonore's Wine Cellar. We ended up getting a 6 pack of Lonestar (ever since True Detective I've been curious), a six pack of New Belgium's Heavy Melon (I was the only one who liked it), a 4 pack of Parish's Dr. Hoptagon (hated it), a 4 pack of Parish's Ghost in the Machine (best DIPA I've ever had, legit), and a 4 pack of Brew Dog's Libertine Black Ale (wasn't bad).

The problem with the event was many headed. First off, they gave you a little mug that each vendor would fill with beer. That's an awful idea. I could not tell what the hell I was drinking and if it was the one I had before or not. There were stations around that had water coolers, but finding them in the building was not easy. I'd prefer the little throw-away plastic cups. At least then you aren't mixing anything at all.

Second, the venue was dimly lit. You could not tell what was at each table unless you took out your phone and turned on the flashlight. Then you would accidentally shine it in the vendor's eyes and they get ____ed. The selection of beers they had wasn't bad at all, but most of it was stuff I could get in a store. To me, they needed way more than that. I dunno, maybe it had something to do with all the problems involved and not being able to see the beers they had.

Third, the band was inside as well.they were not a terrible band.but there was no where for the sound to go. You couldn't talk to the vendors to hear what was special about the beer. You couldn't even talk to people you came with. It's a social event, people want to hear music, and socialize.

Fourth, ventilation was non-existent. I get that AC at a large event like this is out of the question. I'm not asking for that. But indoors in early June on a humid night in Louisiana.floor fans will not work. You need something to get the hot air out so the fans on the floor can actually move around some cool air. It was.the only way I can describe it is.Auschwitz Cattle Car. The event was well attended, and that was not a good thing considering the venue. Retreating to the smoking area outside was like walking into the beer fridge at Albertson's. Such relief.

Lastly, and the straw that broke the camel's back.the food situation. According to my cousin, last year they had some really great food trucks that came, and each ticket came with a free food voucher. This year, since it was indoors, it was catered.and not catered well at all.

I can't even remember many of the beers I had. I do remember some breweries that I did like. Diamond Bear was a good one. New Belgium had a good selection. I couldn't even get to the Abita table because of the line but some of my friends were talking good about their Blueberry bear. I don't remember seeing Parish out there. But I know they were there. I wish it was a better showing, because the breweries they were advertising where pretty good ones. Anyways.that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18

Thread Information