Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Summer Beer Thread

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

My father was from Nuremberg and I have cousins in Munich and near Frankfurt

2. Default

We didn't get a chance to go to Nuremberg but Munich is planed for Friday through Sunday so hopefully we will have a good time there 😉

If you are a soccer fan, Bayern Munchen has a great gift shop and Beer Bar where you can sit and watch practice while you sip a few.

While living in Holland we made a long weekend trip to Luxembourg and HeidelbergHeidelberg is a University City and was rockin'. We stopped in Bastogne on the way and saw the American Military in Luxembourg. I wanted to visit General Pattons grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I always confirm with the beer/wine person of that specific store. Most places it's not ok to break a 6-er for a set price Create Your Own 6-er.

The beer guy at a Kroger in Sugar Land gave me the go-ahead when we first moved there to put whatever I wanted into the create your own 6er, which sold for $9.99 no matter what beers were in the carton. Let's just say I was filling mine with top notch DIPAs and Quads.

He no longer works there. The beer selection has also gone to ____.

HEB and Whole Foods individually price the beers placed on the create rack.
    Sienna Plantation HEB in Missouri City , which is blocks from my house, has a fine variety of beers.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBrew View Post
    Hi all, I'm not trying to brag but man. I am currently on my first European trip and currently I am in southern Bavaria region and the beer is fantastic I am an avid home brewer and have been longing for some fresh balanced ( key word) lagers. Too many American Brewers try gimmicks with there hops and adjunct additions and quite honestly miss the mark. I am currently in Berchtesgaden, Germany and the hofbrauhaus Berchtesgaden bier is phenomenal being that its a small local brewery made with mountain spring water. Tomorrow I will go to Salzburg and maybe tour Stiegl brewery. Then on to Munchen. If any of you ever have a chance to visit this region, do it. it's amazing history, culture, food, beer, and scenery ( the alps and numerous crystal clear lakes)are amazing! 😉
    Man you are in heaven

Those 2 years living in Holland were a hootvisited numerous Cities in Germany, Belgium and of Course Holland. Took the bullet train from Den Haag to Parislong romantic weekend with wife.dinner in the restaurant located in the Eiffel Tower.City of lights lit at night.hell of a time

8. Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    You'll enjoy the factory tour and the tasting afterward. Great view of the city up there.

I'm NOT a Guinness drinker. We were 4 in our group and the other 3 couldn't drink the stuff. I took it for the team and finished their pints.

BTW, enjoy the Irish countryside.
    ---My family (grandma and grandpa) is from Galway, but we did go to the Guiness deal----Regular beer just lacked after days of the thickness of stout!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    If you are a soccer fan, Bayern Munchen has a great gift shop and Beer Bar where you can sit and watch practice while you sip a few.
    Had a German student at UL threaten me for calling it soccer once. He was from Dortmund so maybe it's a regional thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBrew View Post
    Hi all, I'm not trying to brag but man. I am currently on my first European trip and currently I am in southern Bavaria region and the beer is fantastic I am an avid home brewer and have been longing for some fresh balanced ( key word) lagers. Too many American Brewers try gimmicks with there hops and adjunct additions and quite honestly miss the mark. I am currently in Berchtesgaden, Germany and the hofbrauhaus Berchtesgaden bier is phenomenal being that its a small local brewery made with mountain spring water. Tomorrow I will go to Salzburg and maybe tour Stiegl brewery. Then on to Munchen. If any of you ever have a chance to visit this region, do it. it's amazing history, culture, food, beer, and scenery ( the alps and numerous crystal clear lakes)are amazing! 😉
    Pretty jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    That sounds like a dream. Heineken may be termed "skuny beer", but it's damn good. Isn't Belgium where they have those Trappist Monks that make beer that will put you in a coma after one?
    Lots of good Trappist beers available around here and in places nearby, just gotta know where to find them and what to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Attachment 11262

I've been drinking quite a few different beers recently to fill this guy up. Had clown shoes over the weekend.

Rouses and Nunu's have pretty good selections as well. Some stores let you make your own 6-Pack.
    Which brew by Clown Shoes?

Spent the last 2 weeks in St. John's, Newfoundland. I had no idea how much Irish culture they had there. Drank a lot of good beer. After a solid week of drinking "heavy" beer I was missing my whiskey.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

hawk-Thanks for the heads up on Oberon. Its a good beer.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Had the new Opus Vert from Parish, last night. Excellent stuff.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information