Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread: Summer Beer Thread

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I think he pretty much conquered North Louisiana.

But will he keep it or try to sell it to Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Attachment 11262

I've been drinking quite a few different beers recently to fill this guy up. Had clown shoes over the weekend.

Rouses and Nunu's have pretty good selections as well. Some stores let you make your own 6-Pack.
    God ______.that's cool.

Side note: IT IS NOT OK TO TAKE SOME FROM THE NORMAL COOLER TO MAKE YOUR 6 PACK!!! Although.the 4 out of 6 pack of Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat I had to put back, led me to the freezer where I found no more Sunset Wheat, but a sixer of Optimator.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Did you make that?
    I bought the Louisiana beer cap board. Then I built the frame and painted it to make it look better and hold the beer caps better. You can actually buy any state or even buy the whole USA (a lot fewer beer cap holes on the entire map). The twist tops are a tad small, but I just use a little gorilla glue while sticking them in the holes

I'm going to buy another La one and do all Louisiana beers.

It's a fun habit!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    God ______.that's cool.

Side note: IT IS NOT OK TO TAKE SOME FROM THE NORMAL COOLER TO MAKE YOUR 6 PACK!!! Although.the 4 out of 6 pack of Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat I had to put back, led me to the freezer where I found no more Sunset Wheat, but a sixer of Optimator.

No, you can usually make your own but some stores frown upon it if the beers are a different price. Rouses, you can get your own box and make your 6-packs.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

They usually only let you pull from the shelves of singles.
    You can have my Sunset Wheat. All of the fruit beers, shandys, etc are excellent--on the first one. After that, they just get too sweet for me.
    Hawk-More refined taste than bud light? That would be ditch water? No?
    I'm of the same mind as you. If I like it, I like it and thats all I need to know. I do have a couple of friends who are true beer snobs/hipsters. Only the most obscure breweries will do. If you have heard of the beer, they dont want it!
    Taste is a funny thing. I havent found a porter that I care for but I havent found many stouts that I dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    They usually only let you pull from the shelves of singles.
    You can have my Sunset Wheat. All of the fruit beers, shandys, etc are excellent--on the first one. After that, they just get too sweet for me.
    Hawk-More refined taste than bud light? That would be ditch water? No?
    I'm of the same mind as you. If I like it, I like it and thats all I need to know. I do have a couple of friends who are true beer snobs/hipsters. Only the most obscure breweries will do. If you have heard of the beer, they dont want it!
    Taste is a funny thing. I havent found a porter that I care for but I havent found many stouts that I dislike.
    I would not consider myself a beer snob. I frown upon the domestic mass produced swill, but if it's free, I'll drink it. If it's my choice, I'm always searching for the craziest, weirdest, beer I can find. I collect the caps, as much as my wife hates it. My dream is to be rich enough to travel around the world trying new beers. I'd settle for one trip to Oktoberfest.

I'm actually heading up to Monroe on the 3rd for Brewfest up there, and I plan on volunteering at Gulfbrew this year.

Hawk, wife and I lived in Holland mid 90's.4 km from the main Heineken Brewery outside of The Hage.no European beer consumed in Europe is Pasteurized.beers so beautiful it will astound you. Some Belgian beers on tap I believe may have qualifted to be served to the gods on Mt. OLYMPUS

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Hawk, wife and I lived in Holland mid 90's.4 km from the main Heineken Brewery outside of The Hage.no European beer consumed in Europe is Pasteurized.beers so beautiful it will astound you. Some Belgian beers on tap I believe may have qualifted to be served to the gods on Mt. OLYMPUS
    That sounds like a dream. Heineken may be termed "skuny beer", but it's damn good. Isn't Belgium where they have those Trappist Monks that make beer that will put you in a coma after one?

That sounds like a dream. Heineken may be termed "skuny beer", but it's damn good. Isn't Belgium where they have those Trappist Monks that make beer that will put you in a coma after one?
    Yesthere are beers in Europe with high alcohol content.everywhere we went beer was served in pint sized glasses.Heineken in Holland is wonderful beeragain no pasteurizationI rode the tram from my Village of Voorschoten just north of the Hage into Ambassadors Row every Wednesday to meet Irish and English friends for a game of snooker and a few pints. Place was a pub called "Das Bok" over 100 years oldwatching Guinness come out of that tap was a sight to see.smooth as butter.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    watching Guinness come out of that tap was a sight to see.smooth as butter.
    Going to Ireland for my upcoming honeymoon, of course the Guinness Factory will be our first stop. I've had it in the UK before and you are right, the beers are fantastic. Nothing is better than a warm Guinness on a cold rainy evening in London.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

God ______.that's cool.

I always confirm with the beer/wine person of that specific store. Most places it's not ok to break a 6-er for a set price Create Your Own 6-er.

The beer guy at a Kroger in Sugar Land gave me the go-ahead when we first moved there to put whatever I wanted into the create your own 6er, which sold for $9.99 no matter what beers were in the carton. Let's just say I was filling mine with top notch DIPAs and Quads.

He no longer works there. The beer selection has also gone to ____.

HEB and Whole Foods individually price the beers placed on the create rack.

+1 for the 99PI link. Best pod going

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Going to Ireland for my upcoming honeymoon, of course the Guinness Factory will be our first stop. I've had it in the UK before and you are right, the beers are fantastic. Nothing is better than a warm Guinness on a cold rainy evening in London.
    You'll enjoy the factory tour and the tasting afterward. Great view of the city up there.

I'm NOT a Guinness drinker. We were 4 in our group and the other 3 couldn't drink the stuff. I took it for the team and finished their pints.

BTW, enjoy the Irish countryside.

15. Default

Hi all, I'm not trying to brag but man. I am currently on my first European trip and currently I am in southern Bavaria region and the beer is fantastic I am an avid home brewer and have been longing for some fresh balanced ( key word) lagers. Too many American Brewers try gimmicks with there hops and adjunct additions and quite honestly miss the mark. I am currently in Berchtesgaden, Germany and the hofbrauhaus Berchtesgaden bier is phenomenal being that its a small local brewery made with mountain spring water. Tomorrow I will go to Salzburg and maybe tour Stiegl brewery. Then on to Munchen. If any of you ever have a chance to visit this region, do it. it's amazing history, culture, food, beer, and scenery ( the alps and numerous crystal clear lakes)are amazing! 😉

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread Information