Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread: Summer Beer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Think I'll check out the one in Sugar Land next time I'm in town.
    If you're referring to Spec's, I'd encourage you give the one in Midtown a visit. The one on TX 6 in Sugar Land is pretty nice size, but nothing like The Mothership.

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If you're referring to Spec's, I'd encourage you give the one in Midtown a visit. The one on TX 6 in Sugar Land is pretty nice size, but nothing like The Mothership.
    Thanks. I usually bunk overnight in Stafford so I thought Sugar Land would be closer. Might take your advice sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Thanks. I usually bunk overnight in Stafford so I thought Sugar Land would be closer. Might take your advice sooner or later.
    It is worth the trip. I occasionally drive to the one in Beaumont when I cannot make it all the way downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Bumping the beer thread.

Had Cajun Brewing's Cajun Wit the other evening. Very nice beer. Nice balance. I love a good, unfiltered beer. Try it if you get a chance.
    Had it at Pizza Village, and it was pretty good.

They just turned the the old Academy just off 45 between the Woodlands and Spring into a massive Spec's, I have not been yet but hoping it's similar to the one in Midtown.I used to live a block away, love their burgers.

Still searching for this one in Lafayette, but I had a Clown Shoes Clementine at Domenica's in New Orleans this past March. A very good beer. Bell's Oberon Ale is at Rouse's right now. It's different. Also, if you search the beer fridge at Albertson's you can find a sixer of Spaten's Optimator (7.6% ABV).

On a more somber note.my craft beer idea from last year is obsolete as insidethecellar.com is now a thing. I do not know if it works in Louisiana, but it does work in Texas.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Strangely enough, World MArket has a pretty big selection of beers

8. Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

Bell's just entered the area. Their Oberon just might be your new favorite summer brew, but their newly added Oatsmobile is freakin' awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    Bell's just entered the area. Their Oberon just might be your new favorite summer brew, but their newly added Oatsmobile is freakin' awesome.
    Buddy of mine grabbed a six pack of Oberon, and Wasatch's Devastator. I prefer the Devastator.

10. Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Buddy of mine grabbed a six pack of Oberon, and Wasatch's Devastator. I prefer the Devastator.
    Okay but you're comparing a summer wheat ale to an 8% double bock.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    Okay but you're comparing a summer wheat ale to an 8% double bock.
    I may have a bit of a refined taste to the normal south Louisiana Bud Light drinker, but I still can't get into the different types, when to drink them, what to drink them with, the differences. I drink a beer.I either like it.or I don't. Bell's wasn't anything special to me. I'll try anything. I've always said you could ____ in a bottle, slap some goofy label on it.I'll try it. I do want to try the Oatsmobile.

Name:  LA BEER.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  37.3 KB

I've been drinking quite a few different beers recently to fill this guy up. Had clown shoes over the weekend.

Rouses and Nunu's have pretty good selections as well. Some stores let you make your own 6-Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Name:  LA BEER.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  37.3 KB

I've been drinking quite a few different beers recently to fill this guy up. Had clown shoes over the weekend.

Rouses and Nunu's have pretty good selections as well. Some stores let you make your own 6-Pack.
    Did you make that?

14. Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Did you make that?
    I think he pretty much conquered North Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I think he pretty much conquered North Louisiana.
    Hes saving the best for last. Although if it would be, I would have put the red fleur de lis cap where Lafayette is.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread Information