Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: Summer Beer Thread

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

Haven't found it yet but will try the new beer Extortion 17 brewed by Bayou Teche Brewing. Proceeds from profits will go to aid charities supporting Special Forces troops and their survivors. Went on sale July 4.

Full week taking care of my kids alone while wife is in Phoenix. Picked up a six pack of New Belgium (Fat Tire guys) Skinny Dip. Jury still out.I don't think it was cold enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Full week taking care of my kids alone while wife is in Phoenix. Picked up a six pack of New Belgium (Fat Tire guys) Skinny Dip. Jury still out.I don't think it was cold enough.
    Did you share?

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Did you share?
    With the kids? They are really good kids. They never want a sip. I remember my uncles would always get me with that.it's a coke try it. Nope it's a Dixie Beer. I'm crying because I just drank stale urine and they are laughing their asses off.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    With the kids? They are really good kids. They never want a sip. I remember my uncles would always get me with that.it's a coke try it. Nope it's a Dixie Beer. I'm crying because I just drank stale urine and they are laughing their asses off.
    Ahhh the good ole days

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Fyi- Parish just released a new batch of Ghost today. Wont last long

https://m.facebook.com/parishbrewingco1

7. Default Re: Summer Beer Thread

While on vaca, tried 30A Ale by Grayton Beach Brewery (in between Yeunlings of course). Very solid selection for those that like a light, hoppy flavor. Drinkability was A+

Started thinking about all the V-spot bleeding going on over here lately and decided this thread needed a bump.

First and probably only beer this evening, a Dale's Pale Ale while browning and smothering some poke chops.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Not summer, but thought I should share.

Cajunrunner you would appreciate this, I had a friend who was in from Arizona who managed to get his hands on a bottle of Pliny the Elder. My god was that a great beer. Not trying to be overly dramatic, but it is probably top 3 best beers that I have ever tried, may even be the top.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Not summer, but thought I should share.

Cajunrunner you would appreciate this, I had a friend who was in from Arizona who managed to get his hands on a bottle of Pliny the Elder. My god was that a great beer. Not trying to be overly dramatic, but it is probably top 3 best beers that I have ever tried, may even be the top.
    It's considered by whoever ranks beers as one of the top beers in the world. Russian River brewing is one of those holy grail breweries. I had this idea for a business that would cater exclusively to these really great micro-breweries and getting their beer into untouched markets, and specializing in only that. For example. Make a deal with Russian River to pack and crate their beer from California to Lafayette for a period of time. Let it run wild on a virgin market and see where the demand is. If it's enough demand for Russian River to consider full time distribution in this area, have it written in the original deal with Russian River that the business retains a small portion of the money from any distribution to the area. I have no idea how beer distribution even works, but it seems to me like this is an untapped cottage-type business that could do very well for itself. Just an idea.

Coworker had some business in California about a month or so ago and came back with several bottles of Pliny the Elder. He was kind enough to give me one.

Pliny is probably the godfather of the top-tier Double IPAs, a trend setter. Definitely still an excellent, top-tier beer.

However, I personally think Parish's Ghost in the Machine (especially the juicy Batch 5) is actually better than Pliny. But.everyone's tastes are different.

If you haven't tried a fresh bottle of Clown Shoes Space Cake, be on the lookout soon. I think you'll find it up there with Pliny as well.

As for the above thought of working out a deal with RR to try out their distribution in Louisiana, my understanding is they can barely keep up with demand in their home state of California, and I think they try to keep some of their stuff on the shelves in Nevada and Colorado. They would have to make huge investments in their production to increase to levels to distribute in new states.

Trust me, the enthusiasm for craft beer in the Houston-Austin-Dallas areas is HUGE. I'm sure RR knows their stuff would fly off the shelves out here, but it really doesn't make since for them to try and distribute out here when the demand is still so great close to home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

Trust me, the enthusiasm for craft beer in the Houston-Austin-Dallas areas is HUGE. I'm sure RR knows their stuff would fly off the shelves out here, but it really doesn't make since for them to try and distribute out here when the demand is still so great close to home.
    I lived two blocks away from the main Spec's in midtown for two years.it's the Mecca of liquor stores. Pretty good hamburgers there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I lived two blocks away from the main Spec's in midtown for two years.it's the Mecca of liquor stores. Pretty good hamburgers there as well.
    Spec's is unbelievable.

I dunt no much about da beer but mama always sed it da devil. I stick to da high qualixy H2O.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Coworker had some business in California about a month or so ago and came back with several bottles of Pliny the Elder. He was kind enough to give me one.

Pliny is probably the godfather of the top-tier Double IPAs, a trend setter. Definitely still an excellent, top-tier beer.

However, I personally think Parish's Ghost in the Machine (especially the juicy Batch 5) is actually better than Pliny. But.everyone's tastes are different.

If you haven't tried a fresh bottle of Clown Shoes Space Cake, be on the lookout soon. I think you'll find it up there with Pliny as well.

As for the above thought of working out a deal with RR to try out their distribution in Louisiana, my understanding is they can barely keep up with demand in their home state of California, and I think they try to keep some of their stuff on the shelves in Nevada and Colorado. They would have to make huge investments in their production to increase to levels to distribute in new states.

I agree. The idea I have gives small breweries that have such constraints, a chance for a no-strings attached venture into a virgin market. Such ventures can be the basis for a company to make the investments needed to reach said market. Like I said.I have no knowledge of the logistics of beer distribution.just an idea that keeps rattling around in my head.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information