Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Proud of my Cajuns

Default Re: Proud of my Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Can any of the recruits start next year??? I know that the incoming pitchers will make a challenge but what about other positions especially where we lost such as 1st and SS????
    Yes.

Can any of the recruits start next year??? I know that the incoming pitchers will make a challenge but what about other positions especially where we lost such as 1st and SS????

There is no replacing Trahan's defense. But as far as bats go, its not really like we hit the cover off the ball. We were mostly sub .300 hitters so I just don't see is regressing much offensively.

Can any of the recruits start next year??? I know that the incoming pitchers will make a challenge but what about other positions especially where we lost such as 1st and SS????

SS: Dylon Poncho, Kinder HS (sound familiar?) , could step in quickly. http://www.perfectgame.org/players/p.aspx?ID=378749

1B: Steven Sensley from LSUE is a stone cold lock stud. http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/P.aspx?ID=290482

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad View Post
    I hear ya. My point was that our incoming freshman stud is talking about how awesomely young our team is.
    I like that too. Where else can you go and contribute as a freshman, getting to a super regional? Nowhere. I hope he is as excited to get started as we are to watch him.

And something else to reflect on: I fly out of LFT on a weekly basis. Over the last few weeks, the number of folks wearing red has been increasing each week. I was very surprised to note that there was more red on my plane this morning than in all the past weeks. Don't kid yourself that this series didn't help to continue to raise the excitement for not only baseball, but our all our programs in general.

6. Default Re: Proud of my Cajuns

Rice is nationally known because of baseball's sustained success That can happen here and I think is already.

Another interesting note: Kenon Fontenot looked lost most of this season. Kid walks up in the biggest spot of his life and misses a HR by a foot, in the box, and triples home a run. Confidence going forward and we will need him to hit.

A lot to be excited about.

Congrats to all of the Cajun Athletes in every sport for another fantastic year.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Rice is nationally known because of baseball's sustained success That can happen here and I think is already.

Another interesting note: Kenon Fontenot looked lost most of this season. Kid walks up in the biggest spot of his life and misses a HR by a foot, in the box, and triples home a run. Confidence going forward and we will need him to hit.

I have high hopes for Kennon. Robe talked about how he destroyed our pitching in the Fall. Hopefully the game slows down for him next year. He can be a really big contributor judging by his past success at all levels he's played at (one of the best on a LLWS team that nearly won the whole thing, phenomenal athlete at Barbe)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Some of the memories I'll take away from this SR. The Conrad blast, Joe's plays at the hot corner, the back to back Clement dives, and Fontenot's triple/almost HR. I think that shot will be a precursor to many great plays and at bats that we will see from him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information