Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Baton Rouge Super Regional Game 1: Louisiana vs. LSU

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Love it!!! All they are saying is Louisiana, Louisiana, Louisiana, UL, UL, UL.
    Huh??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    Look at it this way they pitched there ace we still have ours. This thing is not over by a long shot
    Hell no its not. We WILL win tomorrow. Mark it. Grit facing softies. I hope the outfield bleachers have some quick kick and bananas for the LSU outfielders

3. Default Re: Baton Rouge Super Regional Game 1: Louisiana vs. LSU

We need a couple of the guys who are really struggling in the NCAA tournament to start swinging the bats.

Default Re: Baton Rouge Super Regional Game 1: Louisiana vs. LSU

If you watching the post game on ESPN 2 they kept saying Louisiana, and UL.

This is the type of ball you expect to see at a Super Regional. I am just enjoying the fact I'm still watching the Cajuns play. Obviously want the win but at the end of last year I would of put money on us not seeing a super this year.

We are still in a position to win this thing. We didn't burn any pitching we weren't planning on and I liked the way we hit tonight. We just need to string some together.

6. Default Re: Baton Rouge Super Regional Game 1: Louisiana vs. LSU

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Wyatt, Butts, Joe, Shug all played great. Big time moment for Bren. Big learning experience for all involved. LSU is no juggernaut. We can win.
    ---They had some very hard hit balls that we got to but Possibly, because of the wind at the particular time, we had 3 balls that could have left the park-----maybe someone can comment on this!!!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Was about to write this. Espn kept talking about Lange but if you look at the stats we got a lot of hits on him. Our pitcher actually gave up less hits we just had a lot of errors and couldn't finish when we got on base. Congrats to them on their win but we still have more baseball to play.
    If we had a somewhat mediocre umpire, Cajuns win the game.

The guys struggling will start to hit they are two of our all americans. If I am LSU I would be worried we hit their best. Not that what they have left is bad but we still have our best to take the bump. We gained tons of confidence in this game tonight but even though they won we put doubt in their minds.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---They had some very hard hit balls that we got to but Possibly, because of the wind at the particular time, we had 3 balls that could have left the park

-maybe someone can comment on this!!!

Absolutely. Kyles ball was crushed. Joe was nails at the hot corner, but when's the last time he wasn't great over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    If you watching the post game on ESPN 2 they kept saying Louisiana, and UL.
    Oh. I turned it off as soon as I saw the walkoff go into the seats.

Hell of a game by the Cajuns. Cajun 3B made some great plays. Starting pitcher-even with mistakes-had a great game too. Clutch hit by Congrad.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If we had a somewhat mediocre umpire, Cajuns win the game.
    I don't know what the umpire was seeing but he looked like he kept giving strikes to Lange on a lot of questionable low outside throws that he was giving our pitcher balls on.

LSU won, but Tony R. is a better coach than Paul M.
    Just look how the game played out and the decisions each coach made along the way.

I didn't read through the whole thread.

But you know when this SERIES was lost?

When Marks was struggling, and Lange was struggling, and LSU hitters came out and gifted Marks an 8 pitch inning.

We have plenty of pitching, and Poche's pitches are going to look like meatballs.

LSU walked off Stony Brook, too.

We're going to beat this team.

Good baseball. It's has to swing to one side or the other at some point, and we hung a pitch. There was a lot of focus on the environment. I think what ESPN needs to learn is that intimidation factor applies to teams that haven't seen it much. I think we play there often enough to neutralize some of that and it showed tonight.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information