Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kendall Rogers' SR Preview

Default Kendall Rogers' SR Preview

"How LOUISIANA got here" was a peculiarly interesting section.

http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/2.ional-preview/

Default Re: Kendall Rogers' SR Preview

We're not worthy.

So are we happy now? He called us "Louisiana" throughout that article.

It's actually quite remarkable. Considering he hasn't in the past. I did notice Mark Etheridge called us "Louisiana" in another article he wrote. Maybe Rogers decided it was finally okay. Seriously though, if these guys start referring to us as our preferred name on a regular basis. it could really help.

I usually don't respond anymore to name threads, but this one is pretty cool.

4. Default Re: Kendall Rogers' SR Preview

I'm happy.

Very cool.

5. Default Re: Kendall Rogers' SR Preview

Regardless of all that We've yet to see these guys play consistently great for 3 days in a row. I think we can find a new ceiling this weekend. I think if we're patient with Lange, he can be had. I think that someone in that Cajun dugout has something special in store for us. I think Greg Milhorn has unfinished business. I think Blake Trahan will give every ounce of himself, especially considering Bregman is the opposing SS in this series. I think LSU is vulnerable.

I think this is all eerily similar to 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Regardless of all that We've yet to see these guys play consistently great for 3 days in a row. I think we can find a new ceiling this weekend. I think if we're patient with Lange, he can be had. I think that someone in that Cajun dugout has something special in store for us. I think Greg Milhorn has unfinished business. I think Blake Trahan will give every ounce of himself, especially considering Bregman is the opposing SS in this series. I think LSU is vulnerable.

Me thinks you're right.

Sport said the same thing on 103.7 yesterday.

this lsu fan hopes the season finishes exactly like '00.

9. UL Baseball Re: Kendall Rogers' SR Preview

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    So are we happy now? He called us "Louisiana" throughout that article.

It's actually quite remarkable. Considering he hasn't in the past. I did notice Mark Etheridge called us "Louisiana" in another article he wrote.
    Mark has been doing this for years. When I wrote for SEBaseball years ago, Mark did not mind my usage of "Louisiana". He was supportive of the writers penning with flair. I think it was when some LSU fans got their fur ruffled (my articles), he adopted "Louisiana" himself. It goes to show that being aggressive (on either side of the debate) does not encourage adoption of that particular view.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    being aggressive (on either side of the debate) does not encourage adoption of that particular view.

Brian
    DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See "the right way and the wrong way."

11. UL Baseball Re: Kendall Rogers' SR Preview

Regardless of all that We've yet to see these guys play consistently great for 3 days in a row. I think we can find a new ceiling this weekend. I think if we're patient with Lange, he can be had.
    I do think that patience with Lange will be key. If there is a "chink in the armor" with Alex Lange, it is that he does not always find his command early. I saw it a little in the regular season . and I saw it in the first several innings against UNC-Wilmington. He did seem to be rushing a bit in those first several innings. Lange was less than 50% on first pitch strikes in the first few innings, had several 2-0 counts, and a slew of 3-ball counts. There would have been more 3-ball counts, but UNCW was aggressively hacking. Once Lange found his command, it was over. One thing about Lange though . the hitter getting ahead in the count only really makes it a fair fight . not a significant hitter's advantage as with most pitchers. This is due to excellent movement on his fastball (typically 91-92, running up to about 94) and a wipeout breaking ball (two planes). If you get behind 0-2/1-2, you are going to see wipeout breaking balls that are very difficult to lay off of . and extremely difficult to square up when he does throw it for a strike.

And by patience, I do not necessarily mean taking a bunch of pitches to open the count. I mean sitting on a pitch (velocity and location) early in the count and if you get that pitch, get after it. And if you get ahead 2-0, increase the selectivity. And take the free passes . as Lange does yield a few if you are patient. If the Cajuns do not draw at least three free passes in this game (assuming at least a six or seven inning outing for Lange), then they are not being patient enough. And like any pitcher, when there is traffic on the base paths, even the elite pitchers become more mortal.

Brian

I do think that patience with Lange will be key. If there is a "chink in the armor" with Alex Lange, it is that he does not always find his command early. I saw it a little in the regular season . and I saw it in the first several innings against UNC-Wilmington. He did seem to be rushing a bit in those first several innings. Lange was less than 50% on first pitch strikes in the first few innings, had several 2-0 counts, and a slew of 3-ball counts. There would have been more 3-ball counts, but UNCW was aggressively hacking. Once Lange found his command, it was over. One thing about Lange though . the hitter getting ahead in the count only really makes it a fair fight . not a significant hitter's advantage as with most pitchers. This is due to excellent movement on his fastball (typically 91-92, running up to about 94) and a wipeout breaking ball. If you get behind 0-2/1-2, you are going to see wipeout breaking balls that are very difficult to lay off of . and extremely difficult to square up when he does throws it for a strike.

And by patience, I do not necessarily mean taking a bunch of pitches to open the count. I mean sitting on a pitch (velocity and location) early in the count and if you get that pitch, get after it. And if you get ahead 2-0, increase the selectivity. And take the free passes . as Lange does yield a few if you are patient. If the Cajuns do not draw at least three free passes in this game (assuming at least a six or seven inning outing for Lange), then they are not being patient enough. And like any pitcher, when there is traffic on the base paths, even the elite pitchers become more mortal.

Brian
    When Robe visists RP for his bedtime reading, this will be a relief to see. Saves him a lot of work.

Seriously. good info.

I hope he pulls a NOLA and we get like 5 runs off him in the first 2 innings. Then he can settle down all he wants.

Was it NOLA?

This should be a low scoring game and we need to "hang" until we get our chance to win. Seth Romero was pretty good too. We won last weekend with BT going 0-9. If BT chips in a few timely hits we would have Pain Trained Rice and UH last weekend.

Any team still playing can win. We will need to play our best games all year to win, as it should be.

I think the article was pretty accurate. LSU definitely has the edge in every aspect of the game. But as long as we execute, I have no doubt in my mind that our guys can go out there and beat the best teams in the country.

I do think that patience with Lange will be key. If there is a "chink in the armor" with Alex Lange, it is that he does not always find his command early. I saw it a little in the regular season . and I saw it in the first several innings against UNC-Wilmington. He did seem to be rushing a bit in those first several innings. Lange was less than 50% on first pitch strikes in the first few innings, had several 2-0 counts, and a slew of 3-ball counts. There would have been more 3-ball counts, but UNCW was aggressively hacking. Once Lange found his command, it was over. One thing about Lange though . the hitter getting ahead in the count only really makes it a fair fight . not a significant hitter's advantage as with most pitchers. This is due to excellent movement on his fastball (typically 91-92, running up to about 94) and a wipeout breaking ball (two planes). If you get behind 0-2/1-2, you are going to see wipeout breaking balls that are very difficult to lay off of . and extremely difficult to square up when he does throws it for a strike.

Brian
    I bow to your WISDOM!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information