Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opponents View: It has happened: Cajuns at LSU in Super Regional

1. UL Baseball Opponents View: It has happened: Cajuns at LSU in Super Regional

BATON ROUGE – Cajuns and Tigers living together for a weekend! This could be dangerous.

Or do you not remember the 2002 NCAA Regional in which LSU and Louisiana met three times, and there was a bat throwing incident and so much anger from both sides that the regular season series ended for several years?

Default Re: Opponents View: It has happened: Cajuns at LSU in Super Regional

"The Cajuns' quest to be called "Louisiana" is comical and ridiculous at times, but who can blame a school for trying to better itself or image through better name recognition? What is more comical and ridiculous is how incensed LSU fans, LSU employees and even some in the LSU media get about a much smaller school trying to call itself "Louisiana." As if that's going to hurt LSU. Reigning football national champion Ohio State has seemed unperturbed by Ohio University 75 miles away."
    Good article by Glenn Guilbeau! The shot at UL aside, how refreshing for him to actually call out our brethren in BR!! This has been our whole thing--WHY DO YOU CARE??
    As far as the games this weekend--hoping for a well-played series with good sportsmanship on BOTH sides that the Cajuns find a way to grind out a win!
    #GEAUXCAJUNS #WeAreLouisiana #grinders #WaterHoseCajuns

Got to give it to Guillbeau. In the past few years he has not shied away from the name issue and has needled LSU fans about their stance on our name as he does here.

4. Default Re: Opponents View: It has happened: Cajuns at LSU in Super Regional

But he got our record wrong, he said we were 44-19, we are 42-21. Splitting hairs, right?

And apparently y'all did not read the end of the article.

Guilbeau's done this before. He's trolling. That's all he's become.

Glenn Guilbeau must envision himself a little Collin Cowherd wanna-be.

7. Default Re: Opponents View: It has happened: Cajuns at LSU in Super Regional

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    His way of saying without saying he didn't really mean "A big state school never wants to play a smaller, upstart"

What he meant was last years Nationally #1 Ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns are back and coming to town.

Basically the opposite of "upstart"

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    No matter what we do, we'll always be seen as the small "up start" in the eyes of that university's fans and media. Hell, most of the media in general. There will be a lot of stuff like this that comes out this week. Bowl wins, NCAA appearances, WCWS, number 1 rankings, they all mean nothing when you have a school 50 miles down the road that seem to go out of their way to perpetuate a misguided, negative perception of you.

I will also add that young Luke Johnson is already more of a professional in his field than Troll Guilbeau will ever be.

He talks about how "comical" it is about the attitude that some have towards us while back handing us at least three times in this article. If anyone wants a look into the superiority complex of the LSU blowhard then take a look. This dude is a POS mega troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Guilbeau's done this before. He's trolling. That's all he's become.

Glenn Guilbeau must envision himself a little Collin Cowherd wanna-be.
    Guilbeau's trolling "skills" seem amateur to you and I, but to the average LSU "fan" he's like a trolling Jedi master. I'm sure their heads are spinning right now.

You gotta be kidding me if you think this was a good article.read between the lines, he takes every low blow shot that he can muster and ends it with a blatant attempt at belittling the Cajun programs. P.O.S. turd

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    You gotta be kidding me if you think this was a good article.read between the lines, he takes every low blow shot that he can muster and ends it with a blatant attempt at belittling the Cajun programs. P.O.S. turd
    Never said it us a great article nor did I miss the shots he takes at his. But he died take shots at a State and its fans as well. Name me one other writer in this state that has done that. As good of a writer as Luke is I don't think you'll see him take a shot at State or his fellow alums about their attitude towards UL.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Opponents View: It has happened: Cajuns at LSU in Super Regional

Thanks guys! With your analysis, I don't have to worry about clicking on the link now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    His way of saying without saying he didn't really mean "A big state school never wants to play a smaller, upstart"

What he meant was last years Nationally #1 Ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns are back and coming to town.

Basically the opposite of "upstart"
    Ok.then explain his "Want to be State U" bs. Are you taking up for him? Or is this one of your 'play on words' things?
    This is the first article I have ever read from him where the tip of Nick Saban's _____ wasn't pounding the back of his throat.
    Either way, his writing fn sucks.
    Last edited by jumboragncajun; June 2nd, 2015 at 09:17 am. Reason: Quit Editing my s____t Turbine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information