Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Life in the grind suits Cajuns well, but biggest challenge is still ahead

1. UL Baseball Life in the grind suits Cajuns well, but biggest challenge is still ahead

HOUSTON — Here comes the grind.

It's rolling with a full head of steam into the Baton Rouge super regional, all greased up from its eight straight wins. It's a group of grinders, of dirtbags, of Ragin' Cajuns ready and willing to eke out a win with a deft.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Default Re: Life in the grind suits Cajuns well, but biggest challenge is still ahead

This is good stuff. Glenn Guilbeau should take notes.

Default Re: Life in the grind suits Cajuns well, but biggest challenge is still ahead

Great write up

Thanks for the great article, Luke.

As always, thanks for reading, yall. This team is easy to write about.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LukeJohnson View Post
    Bring the mojo to BR this weekend, son!!!

Z

So often today we see writers who are quite frankly lazy. They simply regurgitate the stats and lines put out by the SID's. A few have notable been caught using internet bulletin board material as fact and there is little imagination behind what they do. A court stenographer could do their job.

I worked with student publications during my college years and truly appreciate those that have a gift for the written word. It is for that reason I always look forward to reading your articles. I know I'm not going to get the same dry pile of dung that so many others produce. It isn't about the quantity but rather the quality. Especially in this day and age when anyone with a computer can become an author within minutes. Keep up the good work and never compromise.

8. Default Re: Life in the grind suits Cajuns well, but biggest challenge is still ahead

I guess you are referring to the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns----ooooppps sorry that is a no no for your bosses---Why not just try it one time???????

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I guess you are referring to the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns----ooooppps sorry that is a no no for your bosses---Why not just try it one time???????
    Keep fighting the good fight, Boomer. I just hope that some how, some way, you manage to enjoy what's written about your team on a daily basis.

The other option is to just not read it at all. That's your prerogative. I'll keep doing my job. Cheers.

I guess you are referring to the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

ooooppps sorry that is a no no for your bosses---Why not just try it one time???????

How do you know he hasn't?

He can write Louisiana and UL all he wants. His editor will always change it before it hits web and print.

12. Default Re: Life in the grind suits Cajuns well, but biggest challenge is still ahead

Keep fighting the good fight, Boomer. I just hope that some how, some way, you manage to enjoy what's written about your team on a daily basis.

The other option is to just not read it at all. That's your prerogative. I'll keep doing my job. Cheers.

Oh I do enjoy excellent journalism having 20 years of experience with it---I think you are a talent and I am humbled by your service to our country ----I have read a lot of your articles---But as a question raised by another poster(Lanclos) did you ask the paper to refer to us by our athletic name and what were the results and why was there a UL negative?

I guess you are referring to the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

ooooppps sorry that is a no no for your bosses---Why not just try it one time???????

Luke, it would be great to see an article about our name and why anyone at Louisiana State would still object to Louisiana. It has been 15 years since our name change. Our use of Louisiana athletically has no impact on them. It seems like we need their acceptance before anyone outside of Lafayette will call us Louisiana, both the media and general public. Maybe it is time for more open dialogue between UL and LSU. The Advocate is building a greater presence in Lafayette and Acadiana. Do you think The Advocate would entertain such an article? UL and LSU's presidents appear to have a good relationship, much better than their predecessors. The timing is perfect with this weekend's Super Regional.

14. Default

.I just hope that some how, some way, you manage to enjoy what's written about your team on a daily basis.

. I'll keep doing my job. Cheers.
    I enjoy pretty much everything you write, knowing full well your hands are tied and you can't write what's right, reference wise.

Its a "doing your job" thing.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Luke, it would be great to see an article about our name and why anyone at Louisiana State would still object to Louisiana. It has been 15 years since our name change. Our use of Louisiana athletically has no impact on them. It seems like we need their acceptance before anyone outside of Lafayette will call us Louisiana, both the media and general public. Maybe it is time for more open dialogue between UL and LSU. The Advocate is building a greater presence in Lafayette and Acadiana. Do you think The Advocate would entertain such an article? UL and LSU's presidents appear to have a good relationship, much better than their predecessors. The timing is perfect with this weekend's Super Regional.
    The thing the Advocate and its backers are fighting tooth and nail is common-law usage of Louisiana.

The legislature is on record stating that common-law is the reason usage of LSU is acceptable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information