Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Baton Rouge Super

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I am not talking points, but rather ranking. A person's points and ranking will fluctuate, but not the cutoff number.

Example: Athletic department has 800 tickets to distribute and each donor can request two tickets. So where you rank (in points) has to be between 1-400 to be guaranteed tickets. Your ranking might fluctuate day to day, but that number of 400 or better stays the same. If you are above 400 you are safe, if you fall below 400 then someone jumped you and you better donate more if you want guaranteed tickets.

Guaranteed tickets are a sure thing, other than that cross your fingers. If some of the people in the top 400 do not request tickets, it will be a pleasant surprise for the people ranked 401-477 to get tickets when they thought they were not.

As it is today, people are already increasing donations without desired results. A points system just lets you know where you stand in the big picture.

I agree with CajunEXPRESS, the whales need to be taken care of regardless.

I totally understand your point. The problem right now is that nobody knows where they stand on the totem pole and the RCAF will not tell you where you stand.

I also agree with you that if people know where they currently rank and where they would like to be ranked, donations will increase. I understand these are donations and nobody is guaranteed anything, but let's face it, people will donate more when they know there is a reward for doing so.

They are encouraging people to donate more "to increase their chance of getting tickets" when they know those people giving an extra $100, $250, $500, etc have ZERO CHANCE of getting tickets unless they donate $5,000 or more. I find this practice to be misleading people. Why not just say, "Increase your donation to at $5K if you want to get tickets?

Am I the only one who thinks this practice of asking for increased donations by giving people a false hope of being awarded tickets is rather deceiving?
    It's not false hope. There is no way the ticket office can tell you how many donors ahead of you will actually request tickets.

Default Re: Baton Rouge Super

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    It's not false hope. There is no way the ticket office can tell you how many donors ahead of you will actually request tickets.
    Bingo now if you are LSU and host almost every year and have tons of money flowing maybe you have an idea and you are willing to share it. As far as I'm concerned this is great salesman ship although accidently. I really don't think the people answering the phone have a clue.

I say the same thing about this every year. If somebody's donating $25k a year, he's a big reason I get to enjoy the success I have here. Without dudes like him, I'm not celebrating this kind of season. By all means, cut in line.

In Omaha, there will be plenty of tickets.

Success costs money. I can't afford to give big bucks, but those who do should be rewarded. They paid the bill. That's fine with me.

Just my $.02.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this practice of asking for increased donations by giving people a false hope of being awarded tickets is rather deceiving?
    It appears so. BTW, I also sent in a request form. I know I'm not getting tickets through UL. Heck, I couldn't get any last year at home with much more tickets available as well as double my donation.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    It appears so. BTW, I also sent in a request form. I know I'm not getting tickets through UL. Heck, I couldn't get any last year at home with much more tickets available as well as double my donation.
    There were not many tickets available for sale last year after season ticket holders and visiting fans were accounted for. Probably just as many as we are getting for the super regional this year.

6. Default Re: Baton Rouge Super

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I say the same thing about this every year. If somebody's donating $25k a year, he's a big reason I get to enjoy the success I have here. Without dudes like him, I'm not celebrating this kind of season. By all means, cut in line.

In Omaha, there will be plenty of tickets.

Success costs money. I can't afford to give big bucks, but those who do should be rewarded. They paid the bill. That's fine with me.

Just my $.02.
    Well, when you put it that way I agree with you.

2,500,000 pennies to your 2 pennies really drives the point home.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Well, when you put it that way I agree with you.

2,500,000 pennies to your 2 pennies really drives the point home.
    WOW. Now that you mention it, this was a better point than I thought.

Point system most transparent for stakeholders, simple to follow.

9. Default Re: Baton Rouge Super

What's the difference If you are on verge of giving 25 K I wish you would just give it and not need something in return Also you dont think your plan would just change the current 25K donor to a 24K donor plus a season ticket and now there are empty seats at the tigue.I don't think your point system would change the end result much. In one breath we talk about moving up, but in the next we are stingy, counterproductive!

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    What's the difference If you are on verge of giving 25 K I wish you would just give it and not need something in return Also you dont think your plan would just change the current 25K donor to a 24K donor plus a season ticket and now there are empty seats at the tigue.I don't think your point system would change the end result much. In one breath we talk about moving up, but in the next we are stingy, counterproductive!
    IMO it's not about the donor expecting something in return. It's about the recipient of donation showing appreciation to the donor.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    It's all about incentive

There is a reason cent is embedded in the word incentive.

If not for incentive, all that would be offered would be everyone's two cents.

Since they extended the ticket request through Thursday at noon, I'm assuming the calls will go out Friday?

I'm selling tickets to watch this.

Attached Images Attached Images  

No need to take a shot at student athletes like that no matter what school he/she attends

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    No need to take a shot at student athletes like that no matter what school he/she attends
    Get a gripe, dude. It's all in fun. Wait, I think you're being facetious. If not, go check out tigerdroppings.com.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information