Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Baton Rouge Super

Default Re: Baton Rouge Super

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I think one tweak would be that you must be season ticket and RCAF to be in the first tier offered, not just RCAF as it is now
    That idea won't ever be implemented. RCAF aim is to create a bidding war for tickets, which is impossible if they reward all available tickets to season ticket holders.

The RCAF's most successful major fundraiser the last couple years is asking donors to increase donations to secure tickets. "Fans that would like to increase their chances of receiving tickets for the Super Regional in Baton Rouge have until Wednesday, June 3, at noon to increase their 2015 RCAF Annual Fund donation." Read it for yourself: http://www.ragincajuns.com/news/2015.?path=baseball

This is one tactic the RCAF uses which I have a major problem with. If someone at the $100 donation level calls the RCAF office and asks, "If I donate up to the next level of $250 will I be getting Super Regional tickets." RCAF response, "We don't know for sure, but it will increase your chances."

The RCAF knows good and well that someone donating $250 has no chance in hėll of getting tickets to the Super Regional, but they will not tell you that. They will encourage you to donate more when they know they are just taking your money and the minimum donation to get tickets is actually $2,500 and higher.

Hopefully with some strong leadership and a point system, these deceptive tactics will be phased out in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    Your reward for buying season tickets is having tickets to all the home games in the same seat every game. UL isn't here to reward you. It's not about you.
    YES!

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I think one tweak would be that you must be season ticket and RCAF to be in the first tier offered, not just RCAF as it is now
    Not a bad idea, IMHO. RCAF definitely comes first in this case since this is not on the Louisiana campus. i.e. season ticket holders can't claim their seats. But, combining the two in the first tier would reward the loyal season ticket holders, still giving priority to higher RCAF donors. then go to solo RCAF (non-season ticket holders).

OH - WE NEED A POINT SYSTEM!!!

4. Default Re: Baton Rouge Super

Quote Originally Posted by marine dude View Post
    Per Kendall Rogers, our series will start on Saturday.
    Looks like the whiners in refinery town got their wish. The little tiff between lsuam-br and ncaa is over, they can unite against a common foe I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    That's exactly what I said. I have been a season ticket holder from day one at the Tigue. Some cat give a few thousand to the RCAF and never seen a baseball game nor have season tickets.
    There you go Frenchie. Fixed it for you.

I don't think anyone who donates less than $5000 will get tickets. You may see a few at the higher end of the All-American level get some, but that may be it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    There you go Frenchie. Fixed it for you.

I don't think anyone who donates less than $5000 will get tickets. You may see a few at the higher end of the All-American level get some, but that may be it.
    im not so sure even the ones at the 5000.00 level will get some. if 150 are to family of players and coaches, that only leaves 450 roughly. the top two levels-20,000 and 10,000 can reserve up to 4.

im not so sure even the ones at the 5000.00 level will get some. if 150 are to family of players and coaches, that only leaves 450 roughly. the top two levels-20,000 and 10,000 can reserve up to 4.
    What's the numbers in Louisiana Classics and Vermilion levels? I haven't seen the latest list. If it's less than 100 members then with say 450 available you'll see some in AD's Circle get some.

My son decided to join RCAF this year, but he only donated the minimum of $100. He called the RCAF and Ticket Office and asked if he will get Super Regional tickets at his current level, or should he bump up his donation to the $250 level? He was told, "Donating more will increase your chances of getting tickets."

Why do they do this? Just be straight forward and tell the people the current minimum amount you need to donate to be in the running.

I'm trying to explain to him he has no shot, and that I don't probably don't even have a shot at my donor level. but I guess 20 year olds like to learn the hard way. Hahaa

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    My son decided to join RCAF this year, but he only donated the minimum of $100. He called the RCAF and Ticket Office and asked if he will get Super Regional tickets at his current level, or should he bump up his donation to the $250 level? He was told, "Donating more will increase your chances of getting tickets."

Why do they do this? Just be straight forward and tell the people the current minimum amount you need to donate to be in the running.

I'm trying to explain to him he has no shot, and that I don't probably don't even have a shot at my donor level. but I guess 20 year olds like to learn the hard way. Hahaa
    Because they aren't lying when they say that and as the main financial arm of Athletics.I would be f'n furious if they didn't do that. Their job is to raise money not be financial advisors to our donors.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Because they aren't lying when they say that and as the main financial arm of Athletics.I would be f'n furious if they didn't do that. Their job is to raise money not be financial advisors to our donors.
    I've been All-Cajun the last few years, but I only do a $50/month draw for RCAF, and then I do a big lump donation at some point in the year to get me to over $1000 for the year. Typically I do the big one after my quarterly bonus or my tax refund comes in. I made said donation just prior to Super Regionals last year (late May/early June, so an inconvenient time for me financially) and didn't receive tickets. Wasn't upset about it. And hey, the Super Regional wrestled that final $400 out of my hands, so UL benefited.

Well how are they going to pull those shady tactics when we have a point system and the athletic dept announces, "Everyone who is ranked 811 in points will be in the range for Super Regional tickets. If you check your points and have 134, you know not to give because you are no where close. If you are sitting at 803, you know giving a little more may bump you over the needed rank to get tickets.

All I am getting at is the day is coming when "getting money from people by giving them false hopes of getting tickets" will no longer be a valid working fundraising mechanism (and I honestly feel we shouldn't be using this practice anyway).

You know why last year was the biggest year for RCAF donations before football season even started? .because of the softball and baseball teams both hosting regionals and supers. We can't cross our fingers and hope our teams make it to the post season so we can have an increase in donations. That is not how fundraising works. Fundraising should be going on 24/7/365.

Well how are they going to pull those shady tactics when we have a point system and the athletic dept announces, "Everyone who is ranked 811 in points will be in the range for Super Regional tickets. If you check your points and have 134, you know not to give because you are no where close. If you are sitting at 803, you know giving a little more may bump you over the needed rank to get tickets.

All I am getting at is the day is coming when "getting money from people by giving them false hopes of getting tickets" will no longer be a valid working fundraising mechanism (and I honestly feel we shouldn't be using this practice anyway).

You know why last year was the biggest year for RCAF donations before football season even started? .because of the softball and baseball teams both hosting regionals and supers. We can't cross our fingers and hope our teams make it to the post season so we can have an increase in donations. That is not how fundraising works. Fundraising should be going on 24/7/365.
    With a point system, I'm not sure you'd ever see them post a cutoff limit with points similar to what you're looking for right now with $ amount.

If the cutoff is X amount of points then people just below X amount of points will donate to get to level X. Problem is with this new group of people who are now in the > X group, this group is now too big to accommodate the number of tickets UL has, so the new cutoff number will in fact be X + Y, and those people who donated to get to X will still be left out, and would be ____ed because their increased donation did not produce the desired result.

13. Default Re: Baton Rouge Super

IMO the whales need to be taken care of. After that a lottery with every hundred you donate gets you 1 chance. A guy giving five thousand gets fifty lottery tickets. A win gets you two tickets. The guy giving a hundred gets one chance.

Of course with computers this is easily done. Of course everyone will claim it to be fixed.

Right now there is a totem poll, the higher you are on the totem poll the better chance you have of getting tickets. That isn't shady, it's the truth. What if all those people ahead of you don't go to the regional? Schools out, people are on vacation, who knows. When we have points system. It will be the same because everyone can raise their points at anytime, not just the people right below the cutoff, it will drive more donations. Those said people still need to request the tickets, they don't just mail them to the top donors whether they want them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    With a point system, I'm not sure you'd ever see them post a cutoff limit with points similar to what you're looking for right now with $ amount.

If the cutoff is X amount of points then people just below X amount of points will donate to get to level X. Problem is with this new group of people who are now in the > X group, this group is now too big to accommodate the number of tickets UL has, so the new cutoff number will in fact be X + Y, and those people who donated to get to X will still be left out, and would be ____ed because their increased donation did not produce the desired result.
    I am not talking points, but rather ranking. A person's points and ranking will fluctuate, but not the cutoff number.

Example: Athletic department has 800 tickets to distribute and each donor can request two tickets. So where you rank (in points) has to be between 1-400 to be guaranteed tickets. Your ranking might fluctuate day to day, but that number of 400 or better stays the same. If you are above 400 you are safe, if you fall below 400 then someone jumped you and you better donate more if you want guaranteed tickets.

Guaranteed tickets are a sure thing, other than that cross your fingers. If some of the people in the top 400 do not request tickets, it will be a pleasant surprise for the people ranked 401-477 to get tickets when they thought they were not.

As it is today, people are already increasing donations without desired results. A points system just lets you know where you stand in the big picture.

I agree with CajunEXPRESS, the whales need to be taken care of regardless.

Right now there is a totem poll, the higher you are on the totem poll the better chance you have of getting tickets. That isn't shady, it's the truth. What if all those people ahead of you don't go to the regional? Schools out, people are on vacation, who knows. When we have points system. It will be the same because everyone can raise their points at anytime, not just the people right below the cutoff, it will drive more donations. Those said people still need to request the tickets, they don't just mail them to the top donors whether they want them or not.
    I totally understand your point. The problem right now is that nobody knows where they stand on the totem pole and the RCAF will not tell you where you stand.

I also agree with you that if people know where they currently rank and where they would like to be ranked, donations will increase. I understand these are donations and nobody is guaranteed anything, but let's face it, people will donate more when they know there is a reward for doing so.

They are encouraging people to donate more "to increase their chance of getting tickets" when they know those people giving an extra $100, $250, $500, etc have ZERO CHANCE of getting tickets unless they donate $5,000 or more. I find this practice to be misleading people. Why not just say, "Increase your donation to at $5K if you want to get tickets?

Am I the only one who thinks this practice of asking for increased donations by giving people a false hope of being awarded tickets is rather deceiving?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information