Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Houston Regional Game 5 - Rice vs. Houston

Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Let's not forget what we did the Mississippi State last year... Gotta take care of business. I do expect more runs to be scored by the Cajuns today...
    Yes but last year's Cajuns team had one of the best offenses in the country and a damn good pitching staff full of seniors and draft picks. Rice is not that team.

Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I would lose some respect for him starting Fox on two days rest.
    Thought about this one early this morning. Not sure if Rice will put Fox out there at all (maybe an inning or two if needed), but think about this, USA threw Kevin Hill on two days rest last week. He threw 112 pitches against GaSt on Thursday and 95 against us on Sunday. And I remember UH did the same thing in the BR regional last year. I don't like the idea of Graham going that route. I'd think we're more likely to see the guy who started on Saturday.

I'm trying to make sure I'm following conversation correctly, but are we wondering if Stephens will throw vs us today? Because, that's what's already been confirmed by Luke Johnson and Rice's beat reporter. Of course that could change at any point.

4. Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I'm trying to make sure I'm following conversation correctly, but are we wondering if Stephens will throw vs us today? Because, that's what's already been confirmed by Luke Johnson and Rice's beat reporter. Of course that could change at any point.
    Agreed, I have already seen it confirmed as well.

UH Asst. Coach Frank Anderson postgame:

On if the length of the game takes a toll:

"Absolutely. You know who won this game tonight? Louisiana-Lafayette. They've got to be laughing. We're just beating the tar out of each other right there and throwing all kinds of pitchers on the field right there. We played 20 innings. Something had to happen. They got a big hit there at the end to make it 3-2. The kids fought and battled and scrapped and made plays. After a while you get numb. In the end, somebody's got to score eventually. We don't have any softball rules to place somebody on second base."

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-ba...060115aaa.html

I would have to agree with the Houston Asst. 20 innings until around 2 am. They had to throw several arms out there not to mention the lack of sleep. Time will tell but I would say big advantage Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    That was what we were talking about, but no one, until you, came on here and confirmed that Stephens was starting with any type of reference to a source.

Textitan, I know you posted something on the previous page, but I didn't see you mention anyone as a source. Thought you were just giving it your best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    That was what we were talking about, but no one, until you, came on here and confirmed that Stephens was starting with any type of reference to a source.

Textitan, I know you posted something on the previous page, but I didn't see you mention anyone as a source. Thought you were just giving it your best guess.
    That was my thought as well, I wasn't really sure, but then that opens them up a bit pitching wise.

I think the effects of the marathon game will most likely be a major factor in a game 2 if needed today... Im just hoping we dont have to find out.

I think our bats gets going today. I just don't see our bats being dormant for 3 games in a row. Plus, Rice kicks the ball around as is - put the ball in play and let their tired legs and arms make plays

11. Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Wondering about their catcher? Will he start, would he be effective? Rice trouble stealing late in the game vs the Cougar catcher. Or was it the other way around.

Rice's catcher looked like he had arthritis in his knees after the game

That's a great point Express. Wasn't even thinking about their catcher but 20 innings is A LOT of wear and tear

14. Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

He had his chances with people on second no outs.

Screw both of them. I do not expect the Cajuns to score at will, we better come in with a little fear, not too much swagger.

15. Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post

Yeah, that's my bad. It was in one of Luke's articles posted here so I assumed others had read it. I know I know, assumed. But here is the article: http://theadvocate.com/sports/ullafa...-houston-in-20

Here is the quote: "First pitch is set for 1 p.m., and the Cajuns need one win Monday to advance to the super regional round. Rice will send junior Jordan Stephens (6-4, 2.95 ERA) to the mound, while the Cajuns will counter with freshman Evan Guillory (4-0, 4.08)."

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information