Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Houston Regional Game 5 - Rice vs. Houston

Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Cajuns vs rice. We got this

Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Glad we get Rice again. Would love to see those crybabies on their message board have another meltdownand for us to go to the Supers, of course.

Thank God and good night!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow will be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean later today! LOL!!!

Wow, what a crazy game. Lets finish this #GeauxCajuns

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Rice it is.

Brian
    Soggy, limp, overcooked Rice, at that.

This is the point in the night when my insomnia kicks in, though I'd check some scores. Wow.

Let's enjoy this ride, because we may never again see a string of games as crazy as these have been.

Rice played 29 innings of baseball today, and have less than 11 hours turnaround to eat/sleep/prepare for a championship game. We should take care of business and set ourselves up for a death match in Baton Rouge.

Well, I bailed at 11:45. See I got my wish and extra. The WHOLE team is burnt.

Rice has 4 arms spent in yesterday's games and rubber leg fielders. Throw in the starters from Friday and Saturday, not much in the pen for Monday. Not getting cocky, but I like our odds.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    How many minutes is he in now?

Brian
    Holy Cow, I couldnt make it past 11:30. Hmmmm, lets put it this way. It'll take alot more than Desitin ointment to cure what ails old Graham this morning!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Rice played 29 innings of baseball today, and have less than 11 hours turnaround to eat/sleep/prepare for a championship game. We should take care of business and set ourselves up for a death match in Baton Rouge.
    I thought about that after I tried to go back to sleep. The game's over a little after 2:00, you have to shower, change, have a brief meeting, feed the kids, get them across town and to bed. 3:30-4:00 AM.

How much do you let them sleep, before you get them up, get them showered, feed them, have a team meeting, get to the field to dress and warm up? Coaches and players like to keep to their pre-game routines, and no sport is more superstitious than baseball. I'd be surprised if they get more than 5 hours sleep, and those hours were well outside of their normal sleeping routine.

I won't say anything to anger the gods of baseball, but I am very interested in seeing how Rice holds up. If they can compete today, they will have greatly increased my respect for them.

Made arrangements for 6am wake-up-call and had room service delivered to several rooms at the UH campus Sheraton.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    I thought about that after I tried to go back to sleep. The game's over a little after 2:00, you have to shower, change, have a brief meeting, feed the kids, get them across town and to bed. 3:30-4:00 AM.

How much do you let them sleep, before you get them up, get them showered, feed them, have a team meeting, get to the field to dress and warm up? Coaches and players like to keep to their pre-game routines, and no sport is more superstitious than baseball. I'd be surprised if they get more than 5 hours sleep, and those hours were well outside of their normal sleeping routine.

I won't say anything to anger the gods of baseball, but I am very interested in seeing how Rice holds up. If they can compete today, they will have greatly increased my respect for them.
    I too don't want to anger the baseball gods (they have very much been on our side lately), but it's hard not to think about this. That said, I expect them to actually rally around the adversity, it'll probably be their rally cry, but I just can't imagine them having enough in the tank to take us.

I do not know anything about Rice's pitching staff. I would imagine they have a couple of arms that would be weekend starters in the Belt fresh and ready. Also I am sure a coupe of pitchers went home early last night to get rest.
    Rice is a very good Baseball team and I expect them to play very well today.

I have 2 tickets in sec 209 (under the overhang on 3rd bade side) that I cannot use for today. Face value price. I can email them to first taker if anyone is interested

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    They might have to wake up the guys in the ESPN truck and Coach Graham when this on finishes!
    I went back and started reading at the point (11th inning) where I went to bed last night. Now THAT line was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I do not know anything about Rice's pitching staff. I would imagine they have a couple of arms that would be weekend starters in the Belt fresh and ready. Also I am sure a coupe of pitchers went home early last night to get rest.
    Rice is a very good Baseball team and I expect them to play very well today.
    By my math, according to their roster/statistics, I see 6 pitchers available based on whos pitched significant innings this regional. The for sure 6 I see available are

Solecitto (2.87 ERA, 15 app, 1 start, 0-1 record)
    Williamson(4.50 ERA, 14 app, 0 starts, 1-2 record)
    Pettite(6.16 ERA, 14 app, 0 starts, 1-1 record)
    McCarthy(0.00 ERA, 5 app, 0 starts, mysteriously 0-1 record)
    Myers (2.61 ERA, 7 Appearances, 1 start, 0-0 record)
    Amador (9.0 ERA, 6 appearances, 2 starts, 0-0 record)

The last 3 guys (McCarthy, Myers, Amador) combine for 24.2 IP, so the other 3 are much more likely to get called on.

Stephens (2.65 ERA, 16 appearances, 10 starts, 6-4 record) is a Likely candidate to get a second start in the regional I'd guess, as he went 3.1 innings before the rain delay Saturday. Judging by the stats of the guys, It seems that Rice is big on not worrying about making a pitcher pitch deep and turning it over early. The key will be getting to the starter early, they have good pitchers left, but not enough to guys to fill out 2 games worth, but our bats have to come to life, particularly at the top of the order.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information