Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: NCAA Houston Regional Game 5 - Rice vs. Houston

1. UL Baseball NCAA Houston Regional Game 5 - Rice vs. Houston

I would expect Houston to go with Jr. RHP Kyle Dowdy (9-2 2.62) tonight against Jr. RHP Kevin McCanna (7-3 3.05). As discussed on Scott's show last week, McCanna is about 88-92 mph with a good downward breaking slider. The Cougars still have not thrown power arm Patrick Weigel in relief yet (fastball up to 96 as with Romero). He may make an appearance in this one.

Rice has spent . Fox, Stephens (coming off TJ surgery, he has no business throwing on short rest), and will throw McCann in this one. Ditman has thrown significant innings in this regional (1.2 on Friday and 2.2 today). Salinas threw 2.2 today. Orewiler and Otto (threw Friday vs. UL) are available for more action. Those are Rice's top arms (7).

Houston has spent . Lantrip and Romero (thankfully). After Dowdy tonight, everyone else is ready to go.

Brian

2. Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I would expect Houston to go with Jr. RHP Kyle Dowdy (9-2 2.62) tonight against Jr. RHP Kevin McCanna (7-3 3.05). As discussed on Scott's show last week, McCanna is about 88-92 mph with a good downward breaking slider. The Cougars still have not thrown power arm Patrick Weigel in relief yet (fastball up to 96 as with Romero). He may make an appearance in this one.

Rice has spent . Fox, Stephens (coming off TJ surgery, he has no business throwing on short rest), and will thrown McCann in this one. Ditman has thrown significant innings in this regional (1.2 on Friday and 2.2 today). Salinas threw 2.2 today. Orewiler and Otto (threw Friday vs. UL) are available for more action. Those are Rice's top arms (7).

Brian
    ---So I again ask whom we will throw---and in asking will it depend on the opponent??? Hell while I am asking --who will be in the starting lineup and will it depend on Righty/lefty??? I have missed so much baseball this year,just trying to stay up !!!

3. UL Baseball Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---So I again ask whom we will throw---and in asking will it depend on the opponent??? Hell while I am asking --who will be in the starting lineup and will it depend on Righty/lefty??? I have missed so much baseball this year,just trying to stay up !!!
    I cannot imagine Evan Guillory not getting the start in Game 6. I would also imagine Bacon and Moore will back him up.

Lineup will depend on whom the Cajuns face. It does look like a right-hander is most likely. In that case, I would imagine Brenn Conrad's bat would be in the lineup. If it is Houston, David Longville might get the ball. Could possibly be the #2 starter from last year (Garza) that was a big reason Houston was Top 5 to start the year (Lemoine being the other reason, Team USA and Houston's #1 starter last year and the first half of this year before a shoulder injury). Garza has struggled this year.

Brian

I cannot imagine Evan Guillory not getting the start in Game 6. I would also imagine Bacon and Moore will back him up.

Lineup will depend on whom the Cajuns face. It does look like a right-hander is most likely. In that case, I would imagine Brenn Conrad's bat would be in the lineup. If it is Houston, David Longville might get the ball.

Brian
    My issue is not pitching.we need batting IMO

5. Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Lineup will depend on whom the Cajuns face. It does look like a right-hander is most likely. In that case, I would imagine Brenn Conrad's bat would be in the lineup.

Brian
    ----And I think you sir!!!

Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    We are 2-0. Hitting is overrated.

Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

I think we have better shot against rice in championship game

8. Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Rice has spent . Fox, Stephens (coming off TJ surgery, he has no business throwing on short rest), and will thrown McCann in this one. Ditman has thrown significant innings in this regional (1.2 on Friday and 2.2 today). Salinas threw 2.2 today. Orewiler and Otto (threw Friday vs. UL) are available for more action. Those are Rice's top arms (7).

Houston has spent . Lantrip and Romero (thankfully). After Dowdy tonight, everyone else is ready to go.

Brian
    Confirmed that it is McCanna vs. Dowdy. Houston is the home team.

Brian

We have 1 hit so far in this regional out of our 1-5 hole batters. If they heat up tomorrow and we continue to pitch like we have we will be in good shape.

Brian, who should we pull for UH vs Rice

11. Default Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Hitting improves as you face less elite pitching. Blake Fox (Rice) won the first 21 games of his career (freshman and sophomore seasons)! Yes, 21. He was first team All-American last season. The Rice bullpen are outstanding arms. Romero is a stud arm. This regional is loaded with pitching.

Brian

12. UL Baseball Re: Houston Regional Game 6 - Rice vs. Houston (coin flip to determine home team)

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Brian, who should we pull for UH vs Rice
    I generally pull against the home team, since eliminating the home team is usually more difficult. I feel slightly more comfortable about facing Rice. But not too much. Either of these teams are capable of winning their next three. The Cajuns need to jump on top early and keep the momentum in their dugout.

I am slightly concerned that Graham will do something that he should not . and start Blake Fox on Monday (Two days rest). I do not think that Houston would do this with Lantrip (complete game Friday night), but you never know.

Brian

I generally pull against the home team, since eliminating the home team is usually more difficult. I feel slightly more comfortable about facing Rice. But not too much. Either of these teams are capable of winning their next three. The Cajuns need to jump on top early and keep the momentum in their dugout.

I am slightly concerned that Graham will do something that he should not . and start Blake Fox on Monday (Two days rest). I do not think that Houston would do this with Lantrip (complete game Friday night), but you never know.

Brian
    Thanks ole wise one !! Rice it is

Y'all remember the last time we ran into a buzz saw type of arm like we did this afternoonwe hung 18 the following day. We will hit tomm. I just wanna see another sweet azzzz bat flip tomm

Bottom of 1st. 0 to 0.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information