Thread: FORTVNA AVDES IVVAT

Default FORTVNA AVDES IVVAT

Or in the vulgate, Fortuna audes juvat: "Fortune favors the bold."

To translate into Robish, "If you fight through adversity, the game will pay you back."

You guys like to play that video of the wreckin' train. Someone needs to find one of a gravy train.

Because the last 3 games have all been thick, juicy, gravy.

Default Re: FORTVNA AVDES IVVAT

Res ipsa loquitor

3. Default Re: FORTVNA AVDES IVVAT

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    Res ipsa loquitor

It won't be the Rubicon crossing but the Basin to BR

A great Robism would be "Alia/alea Jacta est"---the die is cast!!! Fun it has been 50 years since my Latin and I hope this is correct!!! lol

--OK quiz time --(Res Ipsa Loquitor) What Clinton backer uttered these words when the Blue dress came to light??

LSU Delenda est.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

It won't be the Rubicon crossing but the Basin to BR

A great Robism would be "Alia/alea Jacta est"---the die is cast!!! Fun it has been 50 years since my Latin and I hope this is correct!!! lol

--OK quiz time --(Res Ipsa Loquitor) What Clinton backer uttered these words when the Blue dress came to light??

One book I read used a looser translation. As Caesar jumped onto the pontoon to cross the Rubicon, the author wrote it as, "Let the dice fly high."

Which should be our attitude from here on out. Because like I said, it's all gravy.

"Because like I said, it's all gravy." Better not tell the team that! They're tired of hearing that refrain!

7. Default Re: FORTVNA AVDES IVVAT

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    "Because like I said, it's all gravy." Better not tell the team that! They're tired of hearing that refrain!
    ----So here we are with 3 K Sigs posting Latin and one is an MD another a JD and well I do have a masters degree in something!!!

Thread Information