Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Houston Regional-Game 1: Lousiaina vs Rice

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    This is so good for this club. I'm happy for those upperclassmen that grinded it out all year with some younger guys. And for the young ones.maybe that invisible climb is becoming more visable and will help them propel foreward in the future. This ride is fun
    I'd say climbing with the last 48 is pretty visible. What a week. 3 of the craziest endings I can remember in 10 days. Nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Any one gone to the Rice Board to see their reaction. I believe they were CUSA regular season champs so obviously we can compete in that league in baseball.
    They sad. Lots of blame gaming. We have the most fans there. What's new.
    http://csnbbs.com/thread-738863-page-28.html

Default Re: NCAA Houston Regional-Game 1: Lousiaina vs Rice

My favorite excuse on the Owl board for them having no fans at the game "we have jobs, we have to work on Fridays."

They are correct, they cannot get off because Wal Mart never closes. Most of the Cajun fans have jobs with benefits like personal holidays, vacation days, etc.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    Not with the radar gun that ESPN is using - must be off by 10 mph
    What were you seeing from Marks on the gun (fastball)? The stadium gun on the scoreboard had him topping at 91 (many pitches at 90, 91). Rice's hard throwing closers were topping at 91. Lantrip tonight had several at 92.

Brian

It seemed the ESPN pitch speed was 6-8 mph off on fastballs. Marks was usually around 83. Fox for Rice was upper 70s. The funny thing was the off speed pitches. Most of the time they registered in the single digits. 6 mph change ups and 8 mph curve balls were the norm.

What time do we play tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    What time do we play tomorrow?

CajunDreDog (@CajunDreDog) tweeted at 9:46 PM on Fri, May 29, 2015:
    .@CajunsBaseball will face @UHCougarBB Sat at 7:00 on #ESPN3.

#GeauxCajuns #WeAreLouisiana #RaginCajuns #CajunNation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    CajunDreDog (@CajunDreDog) tweeted at 9:46 PM on Fri, May 29, 2015:
    .@CajunsBaseball will face @UHCougarBB Sat at 7:00 on #ESPN3.

#GeauxCajuns #WeAreLouisiana #RaginCajuns #CajunNation
    Watch party @ Tigue again?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Watch party @ Tigue again?
    They announced it would be for every game we played in, so I'd say yes.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    , and just now playing too far off third and allowing a safety squeeze to score a run with 2 outs.
    I told my brother several times during the game that Rice could take the bunt down the third base line, if they wanted it. Robbins was playing too deep on several Rice batters that were a bunt threat in key situations. Rice finally took advantage in the 8th inning.

I was speaking with Charlie Warren's Dad after the game and he expressed frustration that Rice did not take advantage of this earlier in the game.

Brian

Reflecting on today.

The away side of the stands was all red. The 100 level of the home side was blue but the 200 level was mixed - red and blue. We outnumbered what is basically a home crowd.on a Friday.

A UH guy came and sat with us on the 3rd base side and looked around and said "dang, I bet you guys didn't think you'd have the home field advantage this weekend". But he was wrong, we knew we would because we are among the best college baseball fans in America!

That 9th inning.I just can't stop smiling

Went to Astros game.walked out to get a beverage and saw some guys in red behind me. I turned, thinking they were UL fans and said " helluva 9th inning huh?" I looked at them closer and it was Bacon, Powell, Zaunbrecher. I hugged them all, we laughed, it was a good day

Awesome, hopefully Louisiana has even more Cajun fans than on Friday the remainder of the tournament. What time are the games Saturday? That is a memory maker type of day, to go to a Cajun Regional then a Houston Astros game, Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Awesome, hopefully Louisiana has even more Cajun fans than on Friday the remainder of the tournament. What time are the games Saturday? That is a memory maker type of day, to go to a Cajun Regional then a Houston Astros game, Awesome!

Leaving at 8:00 this morning. Destination.HOUSTON!

I'm pretty sure we are the home team for tonight, correct?

I mean technically and figuratively. We may be out numbered, but no doubt we will be louder and more crazy! Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    In coach speak:
    OUR FANS DRINK OUT OF THE FN WATER HOSE!

No doubt in my mind the noise got the Rice pitcher in the ninth. He stepped off the mound several times to compose himself, or try to compose himself.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information