Thread: Maryland baseball coach John Szefc suspended two games

1. UL Baseball Maryland baseball coach John Szefc suspended two games

"Szefc was ejected during the top of the seventh inning by home plate umpire Jim Schaly in Maryland’s 4-3 loss to Michigan."

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgJRV

Looks Like Coach Rob knows how to pick third base coaches! Love intensity of our past and present Coaches.

Default Re: Maryland baseball coach John Szefc suspended two games

Asst coach Jim Belanger? Thought he might be from SoLa but nah

Wonder why it's two games. Wonder if he got a little to close to umpsy

Speaking of suspensions, I saw this in an article from another thread but didn't see it posted.

"Talbot sitting

According to a Sun Belt spokesman, Cajuns assistant coach Jeremy Talbot is suspended for UL’s opening NCAA Regional game Friday because he was ejected from Sunday’s SBC tourney title game.

Talbot was tossed for arguing a play at home plate in which pinch-runner Jam Williams was called out. A replay appeared to show the call was correct, however.

With Talbot out, longtime Cajuns assistant Anthony Babineaux took over duties as UL’s third-base coach in the championship win over South Alabama."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    Speaking of suspensions, I saw this in an article from another thread but didn't see it posted.

"Talbot sitting

According to a Sun Belt spokesman, Cajuns assistant coach Jeremy Talbot is suspended for UL’s opening NCAA Regional game Friday because he was ejected from Sunday’s SBC tourney title game.

Talbot was tossed for arguing a play at home plate in which pinch-runner Jam Williams was called out. A replay appeared to show the call was correct, however.

With Talbot out, longtime Cajuns assistant Anthony Babineaux took over duties as UL’s third-base coach in the championship win over South Alabama."
    Bab mentioned this on Billy's show.

He said a lady came up to him after the game and said, "Are you the 3rd base coach that got ejected?" He told her, "No ma'am. I'm the 3rd base coach that got the grand slam."

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post

He said a lady came up to him after the game and said, "Are you the 3rd base coach that got ejected?" He told her, "No ma'am. I'm the 3rd base coach that got the grand slam."
    We'll be ok tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We'll be ok tomorrow.
    I'm confident in Bab's ability to waive his arm in a frantic, circular motion while jumping up and down like a maniac every time a dude runs toward third. We'll be alright.

9. Default Re: Maryland baseball coach John Szefc suspended two games

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post

Bab-ism

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Bab-ism
    That's exactly what I thought. LOL

Bab-ism that is some funny stuff.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post

"Talbot sitting

According to a Sun Belt spokesman, Cajuns assistant coach Jeremy Talbot is suspended for UL's opening NCAA Regional game Friday because he was ejected from Sunday's SBC tourney title game.

With Talbot out, longtime Cajuns assistant Anthony Babineaux took over duties as UL's third-base coach in the championship win over South Alabama."
    really? hmmmmm too close to call.

So Maryland went 2-0 with szefc not in the dug out. Haha pretty good feat.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Wonder why it's two games. Wonder if he got a little to close to umpsy
    He got the two game suspension because he did not leave the dug out in a timely fashion

Thread Information