Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: 2015 NCAA Baseball Tournament

1. UL Baseball 2015 NCAA Baseball Tournament

It will be interesting to see what Tony decides regarding starting pitcher in Friday's regional opener. Of course, some weight in that decision will be the matchup. But given that Leger threw 102 pitches today … after 92 on Wednesday, I would expect Marks or Guillory.

Brian (it felt good to write the above and simply address the topic)

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    It will be interesting to see what Tony decides regarding starting pitcher in Friday's regional opener. Of course, some weight in that decision will be the matchup. But given that Leger threw 102 pitches today … after 92 on Wednesday, I would expect Marks or Guillory.

It feels even better to be able to read it.

Default Re: 2015 NCAA Baseball Tournament

Wow! Amazing resiliency from these Cajuns! How many of us wrote them off after they gave that first game gift wraped to Texas State? I'm guilty. Way to fight back!!!

Baton Rouge or College Station?

#3 seed?

4. Default Re: 2015 NCAA Baseball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Wow! Amazing resiliency from these Cajuns! How many of us wrote them off after they gave that first game gift wraped to Texas State? I'm guilty. Way to fight back!!!

Baton Rouge or College Station?

#3 seed?
    I will need to take a look at the teams that will likely be in the field. But certainly, possibilities are …

Baton Rouge (Tulane could be here as the #3 seed, USM is on the bubble)
    Houston (Cajuns could square off against Rice again. Houston Baptist may be the #4 seed … or Texas Southern)
    College Station (I would love to see the NCAA put Texas here :-). Texas Southern may be sent here as the weak #4 seed)
    Dallas (Texas could also go to Dallas Baptist)

I believe that the NCAA would consider Dallas Baptist to be just under the 400 mile bus trip limit.

Plenty of options other than Baton Rouge this year.

Brian

My gut feeling is 3-seed at LSU

6. Default Re: 2015 NCAA Baseball Tournament

I don't think we'll fully grasp this accomplishment until much later. This team just bridged a big gap for the program after what we did and lost in 2015. So unbelievably huge and will set us up for even longer term success.

Let's go make some more noise in the NCAA's men.
    What a great game and tourney.

For a team that stepped on it's own toes for an entire season it seemed.to nut up.pull itself upright.and accomplish their goals is astounding. What a team. What a coaching staff. What a win.

Tony was robbed by the conference. He should have been selected Coach of the Year by a wide margin if not unanimously.

Seems like Houston would rank right up there with ideal places to go.

Thirty nine wins and a tournament championship with another post season appearance. Add a 10 mil renovation in the mix and recruiting gets a little bit easier.

11. UL Baseball Re: 2015 NCAA Baseball Tournament

Here are possible/likely regional sites that are within the NCAA 400 mile bus trip limit for the Cajuns … or regional sites that could snag teams that will be competing with the Cajuns for other sites.

LSU (Baton Rouge, LA)
    Houston (Houston, TX)
    Texas A&M (College Station, TX)
    Dallas Baptist (Dallas, TX) just within 400 miles of UL
    Texas Christian (Fort Worth, TX) * not within 400 miles of UL
    Oklahoma State (Stillwater, OK) * not within 400 miles of UL

Some teams that are likely candidates (assuming they make the field) for being assigned to these regionals, outside of the obvious host institutions …

#34 Rice (auto bid)
    #36 Arkansas
    #37 Oral Roberts (auto bid)
    #43 Tulane (squarely on the bubble with Texas and Michigan winning today, but I think they are in)
    #48 Louisiana (auto bid)
    #55 Southern Mississippi (looks to be bubble out)
    #85 Texas (auto bid)
    #134 Houston Baptist (auto bid)
    #157 Texas Southern (auto bid)

Shame on the NCAA if they do not send Texas to College Station. Texas should be one of the last #3 seeds.

Houston Baptist and Texas Southern probably go to Houston and College Station as #4 seeds.

Oral Roberts should go to Stillwater, Fort Worth, or Dallas Baptist as the #3 seed. Arkansas should also find themselves in one of these three regionals.

Rice makes sense in Houston as the #2 seed … but could go to College Station.

If Tulane makes the field (will be close, as Texas and Michigan hurts their chances), they obviously make sense in Baton Rouge as a #3 seed. They cannot go to Houston. College Station is over the 400 mile bus limit. I still think there is a good chance Tulane makes the field, especially considering its third place finish in the #3 RPI conference.

I think you will see a number of #2 seeds flying this year.

Thus, I think the best chances for the Cajuns to land in Texas is by Tulane making the field.

Brian

I want LSU period

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Pitching!! Last 4 games- Guillory, 6 inn, 1 run, Charpentier 3 inn, 0 runs; Marks 7 inn, 0 runs, Moore 2 inn, 0 runs; Bacon 6.1, 2 runs, Moore 2.2 inn, 0 runs; Leger 8 inn, 1 run, Milhorn 4 inn, 0 runs.that's 4 total runs over 39 innings!!!! Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This tournament has to go down as the best tournament a Cajun Team has won. Just the way we came back and won it.
    We grew up big time in this tournament.
    I can totally see us getting to the championship game of a regional with this pitching staff. Who knows what will happen then with a few timely hits.

Geaux Cajuns.
    So proud of the guys.

15. Default Re: 2015 NCAA Baseball Tournament

Not being a prisoner of the moment, but that final game was one of the best college baseball games I've ever seen. Also, this entire tournament was fun, intense and mostly well played. An all timer for sure.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information