Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What can you buy with $10 million?

1. UL Baseball What can you buy with $10 million?

UL's masterplan calls for the core of the existing concrete stadium to be replaced with a new "state of the art of facility," with current baseline bleachers bridged "by infilling a new three story building that will house adequately sized spectator accommodations, additional club seating … press facilities and box suites."

A 4,500-square-foot facility to house equipment storage, athletic training, locker room facilities and a new team meeting room also was recommended.

Default Re: What can you buy with $10 million?

This article and picture was on the front page of the Sunday Advertiser this morning. Kudo's to the Advertiser.
    My father bought 2 season tickets at The Tigue when the stadium first opened. They've been in our family since then. When the stadium is torn down, I'd like to purchase these two seats to keep as a memory of my Dad and his love of UL Baseball.
    I'm sure that there are others that will want to do the same thing. This could be another source of revenue to help fund the new stadium.

Abell & Crozier are good guys and talented too. They will take care of business.

Yes, great article. But still the only rendering we've been shown is the one from the master plan. The article hints that the drawings, at least the preliminary ones, have been drawn, and will be 'tweaked.' Very anxious to see thise final designs.
    Plus, anyone catch how they mention they could be getting more 'bells and whistles,' providing more $$$ is obtained? Has the general public even been asked to donate yet? If they have, I surely missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Yes, great article. But still the only rendering we've been shown is the one from the master plan. The article hints that the drawings, at least the preliminary ones, have been drawn, and will be 'tweaked.' Very anxious to see thise final designs.
    Plus, anyone catch how they mention they could be getting more 'bells and whistles,' providing more $$$ is obtained? Has the general public even been asked to donate yet? If they have, I surely missed that.
    I'd like to see that area at the top of the bleachers fully covered (on both sides); instead of those little patio umbrellas. The full cover could also extend a little over the top few rows in the seating area. This could provide a place to run to for those sudden showers and provide a little shade for some of us old people who would rather not burn to a crisp.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    I'd like to see that area at the top of the bleachers fully covered (on both sides); instead of those little patio umbrellas. The full cover could also extend a little over the top few rows in the seating area. This could provide a place to run to for those sudden showers and provide a little shade for some of us old people who would rather not burn to a crisp.
    Tony mentioned getting as much of the seating covered as possible since we deal with such extreme weather. It's on the wish list

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Yep, that is exactly what I would like to see.

The Advertiser article listed SBC teams' baseball park capacity. For comparison, here is CUSA teams ballpark capacity.
    UAB- 8,000 or 1,000 (two different ballparks)
    Rice- 5,368
    So. Miss- 5,036
    Marshall- 4,500
    Charlotte- 3,000
    FAU- 3,000
    LTU- 3,000
    MT- 2,600
    OD- 2,500
    FIU- 2,000
    WKU- 1,500
    UTSA- 800

My guess is we expand The Tigue to approximately 5,000 capacity with as many suites and club seating as possible to help pay for it.

I just struggle with this program not getting what they deserve. Money is money.budget is budget, but I wanna know what program within this university has done more with less. Give the man what he's earned. Make it what it's suppose to be.because when he calls it quits.this facility will be dedicated to him in some way, shape or form as well as Mr. Moore. Do it right

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    I just struggle with this program not getting what they deserve. Money is money.budget is budget, but I wanna know what program within this university has done more with less. Give the man what he's earned. Make it what it's suppose to be.because when he calls it quits.this facility will be dedicated to him in some way, shape or form as well as Mr. Moore. Do it right
    THIS! +1

12. Sunbelt Re: What can you buy with $10 million?

Well if everyone here committed to about three grand we could add a million dollars worth of bells and whistles. We need to quit waiting for the millionaire to do everything.

We have a long list of programs and coaches here that deserve way more than they actually get. This is just the reality of being in a G5 conference. Unlike the big boys, we don't have 30 million in football revenue coming in every year to build palaces for smaller sports. That will probably never change.

Coaches like Robe and Lotief have/had every oppourtunity to go to a bigger school get all the money and support they deserve. Lucky for us they have decided to stick with us even though they could get better support elsewhere.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    We have a long list of programs and coaches here that deserve way more than they actually get. This is just the reality of being in a G5 conference. Unlike the big boys, we don't have 30 million in football revenue coming in every year to build palaces for smaller sports. That will probably never change.

Coaches like Robe and Lotief have/had every oppourtunity to go to a bigger school get all the money and support they deserve. Lucky for us they have decided to stick with us even though they could get better support elsewhere.
    That is a great point and what happens when they decide to retire? I cant imagine them going to another school now but retirement is certainly on the horizon. You cant find people like Mike and Robe just anywhere and while they are appreciated now, can you imagine when they are gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    That is a great point and what happens when they decide to retire? I cant imagine them going to another school now but retirement is certainly on the horizon. You cant find people like Mike and Robe just anywhere and while they are appreciated now, can you imagine when they are gone?
    They are both young

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information