Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10

Thread: Super Regional Game 2: #4 Auburn vs. #13 Louisiana

Default Re: Super Regional Game 2: #4 Auburn vs. #13 Louisiana

I am now watching the game with the other team from down the road. On every pitch, Hoover has both feet off the ground like Alex did at least seven times. So far, no illegal pitch called. Imagine that. Check it out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Time to reload and pray for Mike's health. I'm disappointed but at same time looking back at the games we lost during the regular season, not surprised. When we were on we could play with anyone. When we were off, well, you get this weekend.
    Agree.

Congrats on the usual great season.

congrats ladies. get well, coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yes I've been educated in the ways of officialness but I know the difference between earning a walk and being gifted a walk.

Much less 6 of them in a row.

Its one thing to look at a scoring sheet and an entirely different matter to say Auburn "earned" that victory.
    I was switching between Memorial Day WW II movies and the game. I didn't know there were 6 walks in a row. That is statistically improbable. It is difficult to win @ SEC venue. Were the umps SEC? I haven't seen it claimed in this thread, but there is a definite bias in P5 officials, especially SEC in my observations.

IM PROUD TO BE A CAJUN SOFTBALL SUPPORTER .
    BUT I AM PROUDER TO BE THE COACH'S BROTHER !!! LOVE U MIKE !!!!!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It was a nice season overall. I wish we would have managed our pitching better in the 7th of game 1 (that's on us). Today. I wish either that ump would have been consistent with other umps this year wrt Alex's "illegal pitch". It isn't a question of whether that back foot lifted off the ground. It's just difficult to address it when it wasn't an issue in the regular season. to other umps (that's on NCAA umpiring). I wish Mike would have recognized that our better chance of a solid hit would have been to jump on this Auburn pitcher's first pitch. Unless I know a pitcher is struggling to find the strike zone. I cannot tolerate coaches (baseball or softball) that sacrifice a strike. I call BS on the need for batters "seeing the first pitch". on the same pitcher. after a cycle through the lineup.

Wishing we would have done better in the super. but thankful for our fantastic softball program. I know everyone involved gave it their all. The biggest blessing is to see Mike able to coach the postseason. and appearing to be on the mend. Geaux Cajuns!
    Here here. I echo all these sentiments and wish the girls a helluva 2016. Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug. Knowing the best team didn't necessarily win this Super will help these ladies in post seasons for years to come. Keep supporting fans. A great fan base we have here and I respect the team, staff and all of you that have followed softball for a long time.

I want these ladies to win a championship, they deserve it.

8. Default Re: Super Regional Game 2: #4 Auburn vs. #13 Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I wish Mike would have recognized that our better chance of a solid hit would have been to jump on this Auburn pitcher's first pitch. Unless I know a pitcher is struggling to find the strike zone. I cannot tolerate coaches (baseball or softball) that sacrifice a strike. I call BS on the need for batters "seeing the first pitch". on the same pitcher. after a cycle through the lineup.
    This x 1000. If you noticed in this SR, none of the Cajun girls swung their bat until the first strike was called on them. Auburn recognized this and threw a first pitch strike to just about every batter. Boom. We are down in the count 0 and 1 on just about every at bat. Lotief's philosophy is to try to get the pitcher into deep counts. IMO, you can't keep passing on good looks with a team that has a many sluggers as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Number of illegal pitches Steward has thrown in her college career up until today. Zero, nada, nunca, zilch.
    Sorry I'm days late to this thread, but this statement is entirely untrue. Stewart threw a few illegal pitches against Iowa earlier in the season. I vividly remember the game. The score sheet only shows one IP as I believe she was only called for one when there were runners on base. The illegal pitches led to mini meltdown and she was pulled in the second inning for Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Sorry I'm days late to this thread, but this statement is entirely untrue. Stewart threw a few illegal pitches against Iowa earlier in the season. I vividly remember the game. The score sheet only shows one IP as I believe she was only called for one when there were runners on base. The illegal pitches led to mini meltdown and she was pulled in the second inning for Hamilton.
    She didn't melt down this time. That kid's grown up fast. Got thrown into the hot grease and gave us a shot. I was impressed with her.

Needs to learn to drag that foot, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    She didn't melt down this time. That kid's grown up fast. Got thrown into the hot grease and gave us a shot. I was impressed with her.

Needs to learn to drag that foot, though.
    You're right she didn't, which I was very worried about when the first IP was called on Saturday.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10

Thread Information