Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33

Thread: NCAA Super Regional Game 1: #13 Louisiana vs. #4 Auburn

1. Default Re: NCAA Super Regional Game 1: #13 Louisiana vs. #4 Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    It is a ball by the rules.

Brian
    Can you call a ball two plays later?

Evidently you can.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: NCAA Super Regional Game 1: #13 Louisiana vs. #4 Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    It will depend greatly on the mental state of our team
    I think they'll come out tomorrow with a vengeance. They can't think about game 3. They just need to fight to take game 2. If they take game 2, it will erase game 1 from their minds, and it'll instill doubt in Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I think they'll come out tomorrow with a vengeance. They can't think about game 3. They just need to fight to take game 2. If they take game 2, it will erase game 1 from their minds, and it'll instill doubt in Auburn.
    All of that, plus this: all they did was effen stand there. They didn't hit. They don't know if they can hit or not. Alex Stewart came in and stoned their powerhouse hitter. They don't know they can hit.

What they do know is that they don't have a single arm that can stop these Cajuns bats. Another first inning Elkins blast and this whole series is over.

We're not giving you a free lunch tomorrow. Let's see you outslug some ____ed off Cajuns that have done nothing but RESPOND all year long.

A team with nothing to lose is a dangerous thing

5. Default Re: NCAA Super Regional Game 1: #13 Louisiana vs. #4 Auburn

The 3rd base umpire strolled over to powwow with the home plate ump to inform of the two warm-ups.

Since retro ball calls seem to be acceptable,

Seems they could have waited till she threw 10 times to 3rd and not say a word till declaring 'game over'

New day fellas. Screw it, nothing left to do it but come back and win it all. If there was ever a team suited for this challenge it's most certainly us. To borrow from football, "Hold the Rope"!

Everything you several guys just posted is true.now, the first three innings today are critical. If we get great pitching and come out hitting like yesterdaylook out.

I hope all of you are right. That's a helluva bad experience to forget and put behind you in less than 24 hours.

9. Default Re: NCAA Super Regional Game 1: #13 Louisiana vs. #4 Auburn

Coming back from that would be the biggest accomplishment in Cajun softball history

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I hope all of you are right. That's a helluva bad experience to forget and put behind you in less than 24 hours.
    Which is why I put in the early inning qualifier. We will need early inning success, in my opinion, for the girls to have a shotand yes, they are capable of that.

I believe we WILL hit. I'm just not sure if our pitching will stop them early.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    A relief pitcher (coming into the game for the first time) cannot throw more than 5 warmup pitches. A ball is awarded to the next hitter for each excessive warm-up pitch. There were two such excessive pitches … hence the walk to Carasone that had a 2-0 count when Jordan left the game.

What was strange is that it looked as if there was some sort of delay after Christina threw her allowed warm-up pitches. Hence, she started tossing with Sam at third base. I would imagine that the rule is there to prevent the relief pitcher from delaying the game. But that was not the case here … something else was happening. Maybe the batter was slow in getting to the plate (speaking with Meyers?). Thus, Christina looked as if she was simply staying loose … and not delaying the game. If the delay had been extended, I would imagine Christina would have been allowed to throw a few pitches.

Brian
    The reason Hamilton was throwing to third was because they was in a commercial break. She was not throwing warm up pitches nor delaying the game. But I guess she should have gotten a five gallon bucket and sat down in the circle

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    The reason Hamilton was throwing to third was because they was in a commercial break. She was not throwing warm up pitches nor delaying the game. But I guess she should have gotten a five gallon bucket and sat down in the circle
    Yes, I saw that later on the ESPN highlights (commercial break being the reason for the delay). As I had postulated, there was some other delay and Hamilton was not the cause. She was simply keeping loose.

This rule has been in place longer than Softball has been popular and on TV. Perhaps it is time to amend it to account for such situations/delays.

Brian

Alex Stewart in the circle.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33

Thread Information