Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Regional Championship: Louisiana vs. Baylor G1 & G2

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Love Luke

Luke Johnson (@LukeJohnsonAdv) tweeted at 9:44 PM on Sun, May 17, 2015:
    E-Freakin-Normous double play turned by the Cajuns. Ari Hawkins flies out to LF, Shellie Landry guns down Landrith as she tries to tag.
    To those who frequent softball games, we saw this same play about a month ago. That play actually didn't even make me leave my seat. The one we turned in the next inning with bases loaded did though.

Default Re: NCAA Regional Championship: Louisiana vs. Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Is their pitching suspect? If so, I'd be nervous if I was Auburn.

Stearns is very good. Any idea what Auburn's pitching's like?
    Team ERA of 3.53. Good enough for 101st in the country. Cajuns have a team ERA of 2.10 and are sixteenth in the country.

They can run three different pitchers out against us. Walters is their best; a lefty with an ERA of 2.88 with 105 strikeouts. Davis and Harper are both righties and have seen a lot of action but not quite as good of numbers as Walters.

If we show up this series is done in two....if we don't show up this series is done in....two.

When you get to the last sixteen teams in the country it should be competitive and I suspect this series will be just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Looks like the committee did a pretty good job this year. Fourteen of the sixteen top seeds advance to Super's. The fifteen and sixteen seeds were the only two not to advance.
    Glad the sixteen didn't advance. I don't think they really should have hosted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Group hug?? I'll bring the beers.
    Awesome.

My 7 year old son already had a mad crush on Sami after two great plays she made at third yesterday. His heart palpitations are off the charts now! I think he's watched that walkoff like 10 times. LOL

Default Re: baylor game two

wrong thread

Default Re: NCAA Regional Championship: Louisiana vs. Baylor G1 & G2

Glad the sixteen didn't advance. I don't think they really should have hosted anyway.
    Really? So, an SEC team who finished in 12 place in the league, going 5-19 and who's ace pitcher was 14-14 gets to go. That's what doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Walk off in money game. Guess she got going...lol.
    She got going against Baylor's third pitcher, who had not thrown the entire tournament. Scots comment holds true. Sam has been swinging at junk for some time now. She needs to try milk some walks. Make them pitch to her. All anybody has to do to get her out lately is to stay outside for a couple of pitches and then come in with a rise ball that finishes about chest high.

Default Re: NCAA Regional Championship: Louisiana vs. Baylor G1 & G2

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Really? So, an SEC team who finished in 12 place in the league, going 5-19 and who's ace pitcher was 14-14 gets to go. That's what doesn't make sense.
    Bringing up Kentucky is irrelevant to fact that I don't think Notre Dame should have hosted. Kentucky just lucked out getting sent there. A lot of the 2 seeds, such as Baylor, would have escaped out of that regional. I thought there were teams with RPI's higher than them that should have gotten a shot at hosting. I'm just glad the selection committee got proven wrong by giving ND a hosting opportunity.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    She got going against Baylor's third pitcher, who had not thrown the entire tournament. Scots comment holds true. Sam has been swinging at junk for some time now. She needs to try milk some walks. Make them pitch to her. All anybody has to do to get her out lately is to stay outside for a couple of pitches and then come in with a rise ball that finishes about chest high.
    I'll let Coach Mike decide if he likes her approaches or not.

10. Default Re: NCAA Regional Championship: Louisiana vs. Baylor G1 & G2

Location, location, location!

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Alright coach, who do you put in for your cleanup hitter who has 14 homers, a .304 average, and slugging .590 on the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    Alright coach, who do you put in for your cleanup hitter who has 14 homers, a .304 average, and slugging .590 on the year?
    The only other player I'd say would be Craighton, but she can be a streaky hitter just like Vincent and Walsh. Or move Landry there and move someone else to #2, which I'm not crazy about. FWIW, I'm fine with the order as is.

The only other player I'd say would be Craighton, but she can be a streaky hitter just like Vincent and Walsh. Or move Landry there and move someone else to #2, which I'm not crazy about. FWIW, I'm fine with the order as is.
    Craighton was already in the line up, so she couldn't hit for Walsh.

Apparently the guy who has coached a team to 4 straight super regionals is fine with the line up as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    Craighton was already in the line up, so she couldn't hit for Walsh.

Apparently the guy who has coached a team to 4 straight super regionals is fine with the line up as is.
    I think that was obvious. I thought we were talking about moving Walsh in the lineup, not taking her out of it?

I think that was obvious. I thought we were talking about moving Walsh in the lineup, not taking her out of it?
    Thought so too, but others seem to be talking about pinch hitting for Walsh.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information