Thread: Who Should Be The Lady Cajuns New BB Coach?

1. Default Who Should Be The Lady Cajuns New BB Coach?

J Kelly Hall

Lets make a poll like this, with only 1 name on it.........

Default Re: WHO SHOULD BE THE LADY CAJUNS NEW BB COACH?

Garry Broadhead, currently an assistant at McNeese State. He interviewed
    for the job when Rogers was hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Roar View Post
    _ Garry Broadhead, currently an assistant at McNeese State. He interviewed
    for the job when Rogers was hired. _
    No, supposedly he hinted at how he could skate some NCAA recruiting rules in the interview process. We do not need that here at UL.

I would like to see JK Hall or Latasha Dorsey here as the head coach. Dorsey is from Abbeville, played at LSU and is an assistant at WKU I think. She is fiery and young. JK Hall has already proven what he can do here so he needs no explanation.

4. Default Re: WHO SHOULD BE THE LADY CAJUNS NEW BB COACH?

JKH only, proven winner "HERE" and available

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Roar View Post
    _ Garry Broadhead, currently an assistant at McNeese State. He interviewed
    for the job when Rogers was hired. _
    I thought that Gary had resigned his position at McNeese. I could be wrong though.

Default Re: Who Should Be The Lady Cajuns New BB Coach?

R. Lee as punishmnet...

This is a GREAT IDEA Re: Who Should Be The Lady Cajuns New BB Coach?

Louie Cook!!

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ R. Lee as punishmnet... _
    Punishment to who? Him or us?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Who Should Be The Lady Cajuns New BB Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Punishment to who? Him or us?
    Oh, didn't think about that. I ment it to be a punishment to him, but it would be just as bad for us, huh?

Screw the punishment....just fire him!

I miss JK Hall in the league. The guy could recruit.

Loved his coaching style.

Our HC Insell and his sons always had great things to say about JKH off the record.

Has to be hard to recruit to that gym they play in, though. Wonder if the Lady Cajuns could at least move to Blackham ?

Even when JKH was winning, he did not get the fan support. What is needed there ?

Women's hoops on the HS level is big here in TN (much credit goes to Pat Head at UT-k). I assume softball is big in Louisiana.

Our softball = Lady Cajun hoops
    Our women's hoops = Lady Cajun softball

11. UL Basketball Re: Who Should Be The Lady Cajuns New BB Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    Even when JKH was winning, he did not get the fan support. What is needed there ?
    Support was growing yearly but let's face it coach Hall basically established the program and everyone know it takes more than the few years he had to grow a fan base from ground zero.

The fact that he did generate a few sellouts speaks volumes to potential and and his accomplishments.

jmo

12. Default Re: Who Should Be The Lady Cajuns New BB Coach?

If not Hall ---I say Doobie Plaisance who is at Nichols State trying to turn it as she did at Loyola --NO yat that won state at St. Martins in NO and brought Loyola to the National tournament her last 4 years!!!! It would help if she could get her daughter to transfer to UL from LSU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ If not Hall ---I say Doobie Plaisance who is at Nichols State trying to turn it as she did at Loyola --NO yat that won state at St. Martins in NO and brought Loyola to the National tournament her last 4 years!!!! It would help if she could get her daughter to transfer to UL from LSU!!!! _
    Boomer:
    Not going to get into the Coaching Job but I do have a question since you brought this name up. Why is Louisiana not playing Nichols this year ? This game should be played every year ? Do you know ? It was a good rival game for the players and the fans. I think it should be played. I enjoyed playing it and the kids loved it. No reason for this game to not be played from a financial standpoint and usually one coach refuses to play the other. Just wondering your thoughts on this.

Another thought, I would hope that my OWN daughter would want to play for me no matter where I am coaching. I would hope I wouldn't even have to recruit her if you know what I mean. It happens a lot in womens where the daughters play for the parents. I was a little shocked when I saw that she was going to LSU (I get the whole LSU thing too). I also get the FAMILY DEAL TOO and I would hope that it would outweigh the so called larger university. Not trying to be critical here was just wondering since it was brought up on this board.

Always enjoying reading your stuff over the years too (I really mean that). Thanks, maybe you can shed some light on some of this.

Headragincajun

14. Default Re: Who Should Be The Lady Cajuns New BB Coach?

I don't know coach why Teresa signed with LSU except for the obvious----I know Doobie told my daughter who played for her at Loyola that NSU was really lacking in talent when she got there------I think that she and Errol are pretty close and maybe that interfered with the scheduling------But, You are correct in it being a no brainer for them to play---I play piano and have been practicing "Welcome Back" for your return!!!!

Thread Information