Thread: UL baseball stadium renovation gets stamp of approval

1. Default UL baseball stadium renovation gets stamp of approval

A stamp of approval has been granted for major renovation at the University of Louisiana's baseball stadium to get underway sometime before next season begins.

Default Re: UL baseball stadium renovation gets stamp of approval

So, now that the reno of the Tigue is on the way, what is on everyone's wish list? I'm hoping for lots of box suites, and I agree that a much better entry with more 'curb appeal' from the new plaza will be great. Also, as much shelter along all the grandstands as possible. Of course, just having updated/more bathrooms and moving those damn lights will be the bomb, lol.

Beer garden. 1,000 beers on tap!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Beer garden. 1,000 beers on tap!
    That would be cool . and a revenue generator!

In addition to the above I'm looking for more covered/shaded seating

Outfield seating

Get it up to 5,000 seats

8. Sunbelt Re: UL baseball stadium renovation gets stamp of approval

Honestly I would like to see the metal portions somehow not look so stark. Some type of facade on the ends to soften the look, maybe some faux bricks to match the scoreboard. Put a couple of mounds in the outfield so the students can congregate and be idiot youth, things like that. I am sure the main grandstand will have lots of amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    In addition to the above I'm looking for more covered/shaded seating
    This reminded me. Some tree houses/party decks in the outfield would be shaded and would be pretty neat. Similar to the ones USA has.

Hopefully they'll build a concourse which stretches from line to line. Under the concourse down the lines is where the bullpens will be just like the are now, but sheltered. You should be able to walk from right field wall to left field wall without going up or down stairs. Down the lines, they should add more patio box seating directly above/behind the original box seats. Behind the new box seats should be "standing room only" or "congregation areas" with tables, umbrellas, concessions, etc

I forgot to add: I really like the upper concourses along the 1st and 3rd baselines as depicted in the master plan drawings. Well, I'm not crazy about the little 'tent' looking things, but a solid RED covering which could also be extended over the stands, would be very neat, IMHO. If nothing else, you could hang-out at top to cool off a bit and still see the game. Much like the student side @Cajun Field.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I wonder what capacity they are aiming for? I would hope right @5Kwith our attendance now that is a realistic number, not to mention that after this reno, it will be quite a while before we get any more $$ for upgrades.

Thread Information