Thread: Lost week at the "Tigue"

UL Baseball Lost week at the "Tigue"

Beautiful weather and nothing being done. Must be waiting on the turf team and supplies.

UL Baseball Re: Lost week at the "Tigue"

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Beautiful weather and nothing being done. Must be waiting on the turf team and supplies. _
    That's right. Be on the lookout for some Pro Turf trucks out there with the carpet!

Default Re: Lost week at the "Tigue"

The trucks delivered the turf today. Barring any bad weather they might do the final prep on the field to lay the rug.

4. Default Re: Lost week at the "Tigue"

With the temp in the 20s, I don't think it will be installed ---could be wrong!!!

After the bball game I noticed that the turf had arrived!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ With the temp in the 20s, I don't think it will be installed ---could be wrong!!! _
    Unless it is an installation issue the workers are ready to install despite the weather. They are used to this stuff (for the most part) and are laughing at us . I'm ok with that, I'm laughing at us too!

The field should look A LOT different next week - baseball is on the way!

There might be temperature limits on the adhesives used to connect the turf. Other than that there is no rain predicted for several days.

8. Default Re: Lost week at the "Tigue"

Hey T-bine---can you bet on this forum???? Let's make a little pool of some kind as for the first assist, put put, error, HR, basehit, double play, etc on the new turf --first guy kicked out----How could we do the money??????

That might be so on the gold. But they sure can drag the screen or whatever they use to smooth the field like they did on the football turf installation. The roller left some ridges on the field that need to be knocked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ That might be so on the gold. But they sure can drag the screen or whatever they use to smooth the field like they did on the football turf installation. The roller left some ridges on the field that need to be knocked down. _

Anything they do now will be ruined when they move the padding and turf in with tractors. That operation alone will leave some ruts. I suspect they will fine grade the limestone base right before placing the padding. I saw they had some limestone in reserve to do touch up. (I was tempted to swipe some to place in a couple of low spots at our tailgate spot but I figured that would be too obvious.)

It looks like they are pulling a screed today. Padding and turf not far away.

Thread Information