Thread: Marks deserves high marks for efforts in Texas State finale

1. Default Marks deserves high marks for efforts in Texas State finale

UL — The first time freshman right-hander Wyatt Marks took the mound to start a game for the Louisiana baseball team this season, the game got a little too fast, and it got away from him.

On Sunday at Texas State, Marks dictated the pace

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Default Re: Marks deserves high marks for efforts in Texas State finale

If we can keep the incoming freshmen for next year, our pitching staff will be crazy good!!!!

3. Default Re: Marks deserves high marks for efforts in Texas State finale

IMO pitching isn't our biggest concern this year. Yes it has come up short some games, but hitting, fielding, and poor base running decisions have been our biggest problems.

4. Default Re: Marks deserves high marks for efforts in Texas State finale

Wyatt was ridiculous in Sunday. Seriously, I don't remember a Cajun pitcher locating like that. Thoroughly dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    IMO pitching isn't our biggest concern this year. Yes it has come up short some games, but hitting, fielding, and poor base running decisions have been our biggest problems.
    Each of those things along with pitching have let us down at times this year. With the experience level on the staff, however, that was to be expected somewhat. That's what makes pitching less of an issue than the others

Quote Originally Posted by UL_BayouCajun View Post
    If we can keep the incoming freshmen for next year, our pitching staff will be crazy good!!!!
    And we think those freshmen are good. Wait till these come in.

Included in the Ragin' Cajuns 2016 signing class are the top two players from Louisiana in Nick Lee (Longville, La.) and Hogan Harris (Lafayette, La.). Lee is the top-rated right-handed pitcher in the state, while Harris, a St. Thomas More High School product, is the top-rated left-handed pitcher in the state.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Wyatt was ridiculous in Sunday. Seriously, I don't remember a Cajun pitcher locating like that. Thoroughly dominant.
    I remember a certain Zach Osborne locating as good as any college pitcher I have seen (I was behind home plate third row) . to the tune of a 1-0 shutout vs. Rice in the opening round of the 2010 Austin regional.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I remember a certain Zach Osborne locating as good as any college pitcher I have seen (I was behind home plate third row) . to the tune of a 1-0 shutout vs. Rice in the opening round of the 2010 Austin regional.

Brian
    To be mentioned in the same convo after your 2nd collegiate start as a true freshman is pretty solid.

9. Default

Brian
    That was the single most impressive start by a Cajun pitcher that I've ever seen.

Brian
    Sorry we didn't have more of a chance to visit. I agree with what you said about Marks. The real estate agent was rightit's about location, location, location.

His slider was devastating. It's not fair to suggest he's going to be like that every time out. But he would have beaten a LOT of teams on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    And we think those freshmen are good. Wait till these come in.

Included in the Ragin' Cajuns 2016 signing class are the top two players from Louisiana in Nick Lee (Longville, La.) and Hogan Harris (Lafayette, La.). Lee is the top-rated right-handed pitcher in the state, while Harris, a St. Thomas More High School product, is the top-rated left-handed pitcher in the state.
    What are the chances we get both of them on campus?

Thread Information