Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What makes you think Robert Lee will not be back?

1. Default Re: What makes you think Robert Lee will not be back?

Ever since LeBato took over practice this team has been playing LIGHTS OUT BABY!

Default Re: What makes you think Robert Lee will not be back?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredof theBS View Post
    _ I never mentioned any conspiracy theories. I have also not publicly heard from any UL official (nor has anyone else) that Robert's job is officially in danger. Lots of people on this board have said that he must win the conference tournament to stay, and that's true if he wants and automatic extension. It does not state in any document that he is gone at the end of the season, it simply says it is new contract time.

Arkansas State still has 7 games left, two of which are H&H against WKU, a visit to the Cajundome, and a home finally against Troy who is fighting for the lead in the east.

North Texas still has 6 conference games left including a road game against FIU, and games against UL and Denver at home. It looks like they will finish conference at 12-6 or 11-7 which should put them in the hunt. _

You obviously must believe in the assumed firing at the end of the season yourself if you're referring to it in your post. This is anything other than a black and white situation and you know it. They have not stated publicly that he is gone at the end of the season, we all know that and wouldn't expect it. That would be stupid. However, he was NOT given an extension for his contract going into this year making this his last. The administration knows the frustration of the fanbase and is likely feeling the same frustration. Just because they've put some things together in the second half of this season doesn't do anything to save Robert Lee's job. If you're going to post the same thing after each win, I'd invite you to not worry about it as we know your point. It's time to move on. If you're also expecting the administration to come out and make statements hinting to what it takes for Robert Lee to retain his post, you'll also be waiting a long time as things do not operate as such and you really shouldn't expect them to.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ You obviously must believe in the assumed firing at the end of the season yourself if you're referring to it in your post. This is anything other than a black and white situation and you know it. They have not stated publicly that he is gone at the end of the season, we all know that and wouldn't expect it. That would be stupid. However, he was NOT given an extension for his contract going into this year making this his last. The administration knows the frustration of the fanbase and is likely feeling the same frustration. Just because they've put some things together in the second half of this season doesn't do anything to save Robert Lee's job. If you're going to post the same thing after each win, I'd invite you to not worry about it as we know your point. It's time to move on. If you're also expecting the administration to come out and make statements hinting to what it takes for Robert Lee to retain his post, you'll also be waiting a long time as things do not operate as such and you really shouldn't expect them to. _
    Can we stop making this about Coach Lee? This team is playing very well right now. Personally, I like it when the Cajuns WIN. And Right now, they're winning.

And, after the frustration of the last few seasons, I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    _ I think that Robert Lee and his assistant's have done an outstanding job in the last 8 games. This team has made a complete turnaround from the way they were playing at the beginning of the year. They are running an offense that has lots of player movement and they are passing the ball around to the open man. At the beginning of the year, they were taking a shot with 30 seconds left on the shot clock, now they are working the clock down to 10 seconds unless they have an open shot. They are playing outstanding defense. Even the decision last night to not start Gradnigo shows Coach Lee has changed.

Tyren Johnson is the best "non guard" that we have had since Kevin Brooks. I think he is even playing better all around than Brooks did. The reason Brooks did not stay in the NBA long was because of his lack of defense. Tyren can flat out do everything on the court. If this level of play continues, don't be suprised if Tyren gets drafted in the late second round. _

If you ask me, there is no comparison between Kevin Brooks and Johnson. I'd take Johnson every single time. He is a gamer, he has few flaws in his game while Brooks was a phenomenal offensive player but was a liability on defense, rebounding and he didn't have the pro frame to play anywhere but on the perimeter. Johnson can do it from anywhere on the course and is fabulous in transition and is one of the few finishers we have. He's an exceptional player.

There is no debating that there has been a certain transformation on this team. I think the players and coaching staff should be commended and given credit, even the embattled Lee. This is the type of play that we've expected all along. I guess it goes to show that we have a little more "talent" than some thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Can we stop making this about Coach Lee? This team is playing very well right now. Personally, I like it when the Cajuns WIN. And Right now, they're winning.

And, after the frustration of the last few seasons, I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts. _

Jay, I would be happy to not make this about Lee. Unfortunately, after every win, we have to hear why this guy thinks coach Lee will be back after this year. I think the majority of the hardcore fanbase are enjoying this but you MUST see the level of mixed emotions that surround us. On one hand, we always want our team and school to succeed, especially when our players are playing with a level of focus and determination that they are now. However, you mentioned the past few seasons. Its hard to ignore those frustrations and the type of play we've seen in the past few years and bad losses that have come with that. We all want our team to do well but we also want what's best for the long term of this team

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredof theBS View Post
    _ UL killed Arkansas-Little Rock 77-51 to follow up the destruction of FIU 83-63. That puts the Cajuns on a 3 game win streak with the last two games having a combined score of 160-114 in favor of the Cajuns. The same FIU team that lost by 20 to the Cajuns lost by only 2 in Denton to UNT tonight.

The Cajuns are now only one game below .500 and stand at 8-4 in conference, only one game behind Arkansas State. If the Cajuns can pull off a win against FAU and ASU loses in the tough confines of Diddle Arena the two schools would be in a deadlock with the deciding game to be played at the Cajun Dome on February 18th.

I say it looks more and more like Robert Lee is coaching himself into a contract extension. As much as I think a new coach would be a breath of fresh air, I can't help but be excited about what appears to be growth on the Cajun BB team. Congrats to Lee and the Cajuns. You guys are playing great. Keep it up! _

Now this is a post that I can agree with

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Jay, I would be happy to not make this about Lee. Unfortunately, after every win, we have to hear why this guy thinks coach Lee will be back after this year. I think the majority of the hardcore fanbase are enjoying this but you MUST see the level of mixed emotions that surround us. On one hand, we always want our team and school to succeed, especially when our players are playing with a level of focus and determination that they are now. However, you mentioned the past few seasons. Its hard to ignore those frustrations and the type of play we've seen in the past few years and bad losses that have come with that. We all want our team to do well but we also want what's best for the long term of this team _
    Oh, no, I ABSOLUTELY understand the mixed emotions. And, I share some of those emotions.

But I don't let that get in the way of enjoying it when the Cajuns win.

8. Default Re: What makes you think Robert Lee will not be back?

I could care less if the Cajuns were coachless. The Cajuns are winning and that's all that matters right now. This is fun what makes it better is they are doing it the right way these wins are not flukes. The only thing I add this is how an upper class team jrs-srs should start a season but I take it now and love it.

Did the cajuns start taking RL's game plan to the floor or did they say "if you can't help us we will do it on our own". Makes you want to say, hummmm

Are they doing this on their own??? Come on now I have been watching to see what the differences are in this winning streak. What I see is that we now have a true point guard who does not turn the ball over and looks to the coaches on the bench for guidance on offense and defense. He let's the players on the floor know what they are running and where they need to be. He also is not a shooter so he has no problem passing the ball and generally moving the ball. I notice when others are at the point the decisions are not as crisp nor does the ball move as well becuase they are looking for scoring opportunities for themselves.

DEFENSE, DEFENSE, and more DEFENSE. This team may of shown Lee that defense wins championships. They are playing defense like I have not seen in a long time in the Dome. Again the freshman Andrews seems to of taken a lead on this and the rest of the team is following with great passion.

The extreme play by Tyren Johnson has lifted the pressure off Chris Grandigo to score. Chirs is a terrific shooter and ball movement gets him the open looks instead of having to create which tends to get him offensiviely in trouble. Tyren should hands down be the player of the year in the Sun Belt Conference.

Regardless who the coach is or will be I appreciate the level of play I am watching and how the players, all of them are working. They have the want to win and now are playing with the talent they have always had in the manner that is getting them the wins. It is fun to watch keep up the good work Cajuns.

UL Basketball Re: What makes you think Robert Lee will not be back?

Quote Originally Posted by playincajun View Post
    _ Are they doing this on their own??? Come on now
    You said it in your post. Not looking to the bench to make decisions. So they are doing it on their own.So something has changed.

_ What I see is that we now have a true point guard who does not turn the ball over and looks to the coaches on the bench for guidance on offense and defense. He let's the players on the floor know what they are running and where they need to be.
    This is what he said Frenchie.

Frenchie and Big Bud. Let me help both of you out since it definatley appears you read out of context.

1. They have a point guard who does not make turn over (Andrews-freshman)

2. The freshman point guard looks to the coaches on the bench to get the plays and instruction

3. He then relays to the team what to run and where to go.

I know it is hard for all of you Lee haters and believe me I do have mixed opinions on keep or go HOWEVER it does appear that there is coaching going on.

Did that help out.

Ole Ball Coach

_ Are they doing this on their own??? Come on now I have been watching to see what the differences are in this winning streak. What I see is that we now have a true point guard who does not turn the ball over and looks to the coaches on the bench for guidance on offense and defense. He let's the players on the floor know what they are running and where they need to be. He also is not a shooter so he has no problem passing the ball and generally moving the ball. I notice when others are at the point the decisions are not as crisp nor does the ball move as well becuase they are looking for scoring opportunities for themselves.

DEFENSE, DEFENSE, and more DEFENSE. This team may of shown Lee that defense wins championships. They are playing defense like I have not seen in a long time in the Dome. Again the freshman Andrews seems to of taken a lead on this and the rest of the team is following with great passion.

The extreme play by Tyren Johnson has lifted the pressure off Chris Grandigo to score. Chirs is a terrific shooter and ball movement gets him the open looks instead of having to create which tends to get him offensiviely in trouble. Tyren should hands down be the player of the year in the Sun Belt Conference.

Regardless who the coach is or will be I appreciate the level of play I am watching and how the players, all of them are working. They have the want to win and now are playing with the talent they have always had in the manner that is getting them the wins. It is fun to watch keep up the good work Cajuns. _

I agree. There is certainly a structure of order on this team when Andrews is running the point and Johnson is on the court. I believe that the success is a combination of things. However, I do know this.Robert Lee has been screaming the same instructions for two years on the court but has drastically different results now. I think this team is playing with a lot more focus than before. I think many of the things they are doing now, Robert Lee has been preaching and pushing this team for a long time. While I tend, to a certain degree to defend Lee for recent years' woes, I also tend to give him slightly less credit in this series because I think the major difference comes from the players and their maturity. These guys are playing with a sense of team and I think I can actually use the words chemistry and UL in the same sentence. The reduced rotation has benefitted everyone which has allowed these guys to settle into roles and gain a level of comfort with the other guys on the court. I do think Lee has made some nice adjustments this year with the offense too. I think he has created much more motion and uses his big guys to get guys like Gradnigo and Daigle open on the perimeter instead of allowing Batiste to shoot 15 footers and they always run the offense through Johnson which is obviously very smart. The turnovers are less and help defense has been existent for the first time ever here. They are playing well and you have to give credit to both the team and coaches.

Dear Coach Lee,

I tried my best to argue for you through the rough times giving what I felt were logical reasons to possibly keep you on as the head coach. After the last two games there is no possible scenario in which I can see victory for you in this fight. The entire body of work simply states that it is time for a change.

I appreciate what you have TRIED to do for our university. I appreciate the fact that I really think that you love UL and your players.

At this time it is best that you, and I, cut our losses and accept the fact that this is your last season at UL. You should announce your resignation effective at the last buzzer of the final game thus allowing the search for your replacement to publicly commence.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information