Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What makes you think Robert Lee will not be back?

1. Default Re: What makes you think Robert Lee will not be back?

Never reward lightening in a bottle.

I have never understood why a pro team would reward a player who performs well in the last year of his contract.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: What makes you think Robert Lee will not be back?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredof theBS View Post
    _ 4-3 in conference.

3 wins in the past 4 games.

Lee will be back. UL will say it is because of "team growth, yadayadayada"

I predicted it on January 2, and on January 22 I'm positive it will happen. _
    If they win the conference. Otherwise I think he will be gone.

UL Basketball Re: What makes you think Robert Lee will not be back?

_ 4-3 in conference.

Did you notice UNO's coach said we had the best talent in the SB and should win the league! I do think there will be a change in the coaching unless they go to the NCAA's.

_ 4-3 in conference.

I am positive that you are wrong unless the Cajuns win the conference tournament. That is unlikely due to having to win least three games in three days. Not enough depth for that to happen.

Stranger things have and always happen. Especially in Cajun land.

Quote Originally Posted by Etowncajun View Post
    _ Stranger things have and always happen. Especially in Cajun land. _
    If winning the SBC tournament means that Lee stays, the Universe will make it so.

Look at Robert Lee's team stats:

The total difference in scoring in the second half is 669-668 or 1 point showing that Robert has taught them to play hard until the end of the game.

The difference in 3 point shots is 5.7 to 5.6 for UL, so he can say his team shoots 3 pointers better than their opponents.

Assists per game are in favor of the Cajuns 11.7-11.6 The Cajuns also lead their opponents in steals and blocks, in fact they have double the number of blocks as their opponents have.

The Cajuns are scoring 2.1 points per game better than they did last year which demonstrates growth.

Shooting percentage is up from 41.6 to 44.4 which demonstrates growth.

Free throws made per game, and free throw percentage are both better than last year which demonstrates growth.

Assists per game are up and steals are up, both of which demonstrate growth caused by Robert's outstanding team leadership.

You folks are being too hard on Robert Lee. It's easy to see that if you look at the stats in the manner that his agent will present them to UL it's easy to see why they would say he "deserves" another year.

Do I believe anything that I just wrote? Nope! Do I think that he'll be back. No doubt in my mind. If he gets a contract for next year using all the stats I just quoted I want 10% of his salary. Will that happen? I have as good a chance of getting 10% of Robert's one year contract for next year as the Cajuns have of getting a new coach.

_ Look at Robert Lee's team stats:

The total difference in scoring in the second half is 669-668 or 1 point showing that Robert has taught them to play hard until the end of the game.

The difference in 3 point shots is 5.7 to 5.6 for UL, so he can say his team shoots 3 pointers better than their opponents.

Assists per game are in favor of the Cajuns 11.7-11.6 The Cajuns also lead their opponents in steals and blocks, in fact they have double the number of blocks as their opponents have.

The Cajuns are scoring 2.1 points per game better than they did last year which demonstrates growth.

Shooting percentage is up from 41.6 to 44.4 which demonstrates growth.

Free throws made per game, and free throw percentage are both better than last year which demonstrates growth.

Assists per game are up and steals are up, both of which demonstrate growth caused by Robert's outstanding team leadership.

You folks are being too hard on Robert Lee. It's easy to see that if you look at the stats in the manner that his agent will present them to UL it's easy to see why they would say he "deserves" another year.

Do I believe anything that I just wrote? Nope! Do I think that he'll be back. No doubt in my mind. If he gets a contract for next year using all the stats I just quoted I want 10% of his salary. Will that happen? I have as good a chance of getting 10% of Robert's one year contract for next year as the Cajuns have of getting a new coach. _
    This post is really silly

Here is a stat for you: decreased attendence over the past few years.
    This means less money so yes there will be a coaching change unless he makes the NCAA tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ This post is really silly _
    So if you can't argue with the stats you just say they are silly. All of those stats are justification of why he should be given one more year. I want him gone as much as you do, but I just gave several reasons why he should stay, and all you can do as an arguement is say they are silly.

Attnedance??? I think the major justification is that his team is bad and will lose more than half the games on the schedule.

11. Default Re: What makes you think Robert Lee will not be back?

_ So if you can't argue with the stats you just say they are silly. All of those stats are justification of why he should be given one more year. I want him gone as much as you do, but I just gave several reasons why he should stay, and all you can do as an arguement is say they are silly.

Attnedance??? I think the major justification is that his team is bad and will lose more than half the games on the schedule. _
    Question? Are they being coached "up" at least that is my question.

If I were Robert Lee I would jump all over those stats.

If I were pragmatic I would counter, the percentages of improvement are easily attributable to the overall maturation of the team and not proof they were being coached up.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Question? Are they being coached "up" at least that is my question.

If I were Robert Lee I would jump all over those stats.

If I were pragmatic I would counter, the percentages of improvement are easily attributable to the overall maturation of the team and not proof they were being coached up. _

Now that is a good response!!! Can I nominate you to be on the committee of people that lets Robert go? Although I think I make a pretty good argument for Robert, I sure as heck will not be on the team defending him! I would volunteer to be on the team that helps him clean out his office!

_ So if you can't argue with the stats you just say they are silly. All of those stats are justification of why he should be given one more year. I want him gone as much as you do, but I just gave several reasons why he should stay, and all you can do as an arguement is say they are silly.

Attnedance??? I think the major justification is that his team is bad and will lose more than half the games on the schedule. _
    How about this for a counter

They aren't freaking winning. Period. All the other stats are meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ How about this for a counter

They aren't freaking winning. Period. All the other stats are meaningless. _

That's not how school administration looks at a Coach at 90% of the schools in the country. As a fan, we look at wins and losses. As administrators they look at things that we don't even think about.

By the way, The Cajuns are "Freaking Winning". The Cajuns are 4 out of the last 5 after the victory tonight! That puts the Cajuns at 5-3 in Sun Belt play, and their destiny is in their own hands as far as winning the west. Right now it looks as though they have as good a chance as anyone to be the conference champions and move on to the NCAA tournament. If that happens Robert gets and automatic extension.

Tonight the Cajuns held the highest scoring offense in the Sun Belt to 54 Points. Looks like the General is starting to get the best out of his troops!

_ That's not how school administration looks at a Coach at 90% of the schools in the country. As a fan, we look at wins and losses. As administrators they look at things that we don't even think about.

By the way, The Cajuns are "Freaking Winning". The Cajuns are 4 out of the last 5 after the victory tonight! That puts the Cajuns at 5-3 in Sun Belt play, and their destiny is in their own hands as far as winning the west. Right now it looks as though they have as good a chance as anyone to be the conference champions and move on to the NCAA tournament. If that happens Robert gets and automatic extension.

Tonight the Cajuns held the highest scoring offense in the Sun Belt to 54 Points. Looks like the General is starting to get the best out of his troops! _
    Winning the regular season Western Division Title does NOT save Lee's job. Only winning the conference tourney and going to the big dance automatically extends him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information