Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lineup/Positions?

UL Baseball Lineup/Positions?

Well it's a little over a month until the first game at the tigue... What does everyone think our lineup/positions will be?? Also is there going to be any new (limited to no playing time last year) players for us to keep our eye on?

Default Re: Lineup/Positions?

I didn't go to the Fall WS so I really don't know what new players we have.

Only saw a little of one game but I was impressed with Lance Marvel a transfer outfielder.

CC

UL Baseball Re: Lineup/Positions?

Right on Lance Marvel. Even though he was on the lossing end of the Red & Black series he went 4 for 7 with 2 rbi. No K and one walk out of right field. Keep doing this and we will have to change his name to....."Captain Marvel".

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingayle View Post
    _ Well it's a little over a month until the first game at the tigue... What does everyone think our lineup/positions will be?? Also is there going to be any new (limited to no playing time last year) players for us to keep our eye on? _
    My question is who is going to be playing 3B, we only have one guy on the roster listed and it is Trask Switzenberg a JUCO transfer, I am not familiar with him. Who is going to back him up or who is he backing up?

Keefer played 32 games at 3B last year, but is listed as a 1B/C on our roster, is he being moved? What up?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    _ My question is who is going to be playing 3B, we only have one guy on the roster listed and it is Trask Switzenberg a JUCO transfer, I am not familiar with him. Who is going to back him up or who is he backing up?

Keefer played 32 games at 3B last year, but is listed as a 1B/C on our roster, is he being moved? What up? _
    Trask is going to be a stud wherever he plays in the IF. He was heavily recruited by perennial powerhouse ASU; if he stays healthy I think he could be really special.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ Trask is going to be a stud wherever he plays in the IF. He was heavily recruited by perennial powerhouse ASU; if he stays healthy I think he could be really special. _
    The Cajuns will go into preseason practice with very little settled, although you can pretty much know that Keefer will be the everyday catcher. Griffin's knees won't permit him to catch, he'll be a DH/1B. He may also pitch some.

Expect battles at every other position.

The pitching staff, top to bottom, will be the best in a few years. Robe has 11 guys who should be able to contribute. The third slot on the weekend is open going into spring, although TJ Geith may have the inside track.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ The Cajuns will go into preseason practice with very little settled, although you can pretty much know that Keefer will be the everyday catcher. Griffin's knees won't permit him to catch, he'll be a DH/1B. He may also pitch some.

The pitching staff, top to bottom, will be the best in a few years. Robe has 11 guys who should be able to contribute. The third slot on the weekend is open going into spring, although TJ Geith may have the inside track. _
    Jay... it would be pretty hard to pick the weekend 3 right now... but if you were FORCED to carve out the top 5 candidates for the weekend rotation, who would they be? Also... we've struggled over the last couple of years at times with our closer. Who would you say right now might be the top candidate for closer?

thanks

_ The Cajuns will go into preseason practice with very little settled, although you can pretty much know that Keefer will be the everyday catcher. Griffin's knees won't permit him to catch, he'll be a DH/1B. He may also pitch some.

The pitching staff, top to bottom, will be the best in a few years. Robe has 11 guys who should be able to contribute. The third slot on the weekend is open going into spring, although TJ Geith may have the inside track. _
    I am interested in seeing Jordan Porrier back after a season of being off.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Jay... it would be pretty hard to pick the weekend 3 right now... but if you were FORCED to carve out the top 5 candidates for the weekend rotation, who would they be? Also... we've struggled over the last couple of years at times with our closer. Who would you say right now might be the top candidate for closer?

thanks _
    Well, the first two are easy with Osborne and Robichaux. And, with 33 home games and new turf, these guys should have tons of success, being ground ball pitchers.

I think going into the spring that Geith and Cook are probably fighting for the third spot, with Geith in the lead. But the third spot is never the same at the end of the season as it is in the beginning.

As far the closer is concerned, I don't know that it will be just one guy. Satriano is probably the leading candidate. But Dayton Marze has gotten a LOT better and he could be in the mix there as well.

I don't expect Robichaux to be in the pen. He was wayyyyyyyy too good as a starter down the stretch. He lead the league in ERA.

Whoever wins the third spot will leave the fourth guy as the midweek starter. Whoever that is, we'll be pretty strong there.

Im sure our pitching is going to be solid but what about clutch hitting or even power batters I know Keef has potiental of being a slugger and Fusilier has a great bat but anybody else show some power in Fall WS?? I was unable to attend as well

Also any news on injuries? I heard bowman was hurt and fontenot tore knee?? Whats their status

I wouldn't call Fuse's bat great, but if Thad fixes the holes in his swing then we will have enough power in the middle of the lineup.

I think we'll contend for the Sun Belt Championship, with our pitching staff and defense on turf, plus 33 home games, it should give us the upper hand in conference play. We didn't loose too much from our 09 team. The team will be older, stronger and more experienced, that's a great combination. I think four position players that will " rise to the top" will be Will Long, (probably a DH) Thad Griffith, and Dillon Guillory. It's also good to have Jordan Portier back. These guys have experience, and have been through mediocrity and won't let this years team under achieve.
    The season is still six weeks away but this year's team should be 35-40 win team IMO. I like the coaching staff and the direction were heading. Can't wait!

14. Default Re: Lineup/Positions?

Jay--What is the factor in the new turf on a ground ball pitcher???? Won't a ball get through the infield more quickly with the bounce on artificial turf???? Also --have stolen bases increased with the players not running on dirt but on the turf???? I guess Tulane stats might show the results if the speed of the players were about the same !!!!

_ Well, the first two are easy with Osborne and Robichaux. And, with 33 home games and new turf, these guys should have tons of success, being ground ball pitchers.

I think going into the spring that Geith and Cook are probably fighting for the third spot, with Geith in the lead. But the third spot is never the same at the end of the season as it is in the beginning.

As far the closer is concerned, I don't know that it will be just one guy. Satriano is probably the leading candidate. But Dayton Marze has gotten a LOT better and he could be in the mix there as well.

I don't expect Robichaux to be in the pen. He was wayyyyyyyy too good as a starter down the stretch. He lead the league in ERA.

Whoever wins the third spot will leave the fourth guy as the midweek starter. Whoever that is, we'll be pretty strong there. _
    I notice you didn't mention Alex's pitching. Does he have a shot at the third spot or as the midweek starter?

By the way... one of my sons played with Dayton so he is pumped to see him as a possible closer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information