Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why I think money games are a dead end proposition.

Default Re: Why I think money games are a dead end proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by LFTCajun View Post
    _ Would be nice to have the luxury to always schedule the low-hanging fruit from these conferences, but scheduling doesn't always work out in our favor.

We just play what we can get on the calendar... _

Not to mention, most scheduling takes place several years prior to the actual games played. We had Illinois scheduled several years before we played them 2 years ago and i'm sure that we hadn't anticipated them going to the rose bowl the year prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    _ I agree. Money games are a necessity. Seven wins for UL next year will never happen. Who were Troy's OOC opponents in 09? _
    Why will 7 wins next year never happen? Is it that much of a certainty? Troy won 1 out of their 4 OOC games this past season even though they were upset by a Bowling Green team that went to a bowl. However, they turned it up in conference and won 9. I'm not predicting that we will win 8 conference games but 6 is not out of the realm of possibility since we will return the most starters of any SBC team.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Why will 7 wins next year never happen? Is it that much of a certainty? Troy won 1 out of their 4 OOC games this past season even though they were upset by a Bowling Green team that went to a bowl. However, they turned it up in conference and won 9. I'm not predicting that we will win 8 conference games but 6 is not out of the realm of possibility since we will return the most starters of any SBC team. _
    I think every OOC game next year will be a loss and I think five conference wins is the most likely scenario. 5-7 in 2010 is my prediction. I hope you are closer to being right than I am. I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    _ I think every OOC game next year will be a loss and I think five conference wins is the most likely scenario. 5-7 in 2010 is my prediction. I hope you are closer to being right than I am. I just don't see it happening. _

Well, I think the Ohio game is a much better matchup than the others, obviously. I expect we will have a good shot at winning that game as Ohio loses a lot of their production this year, plus they're Ohio and not Ohio State. Barring major injuries like in 08, this is the year that I'd judge Bustle and how he does in conference. The conference will be much more open this year with the attrition that the top teams are having. However, these top teams are also doing very well with recruiting at this stage so I'm hoping we don't fall too far back.

Quote Originally Posted by LFTCajun View Post
    _ Would be nice to have the luxury to always schedule the low-hanging fruit from these conferences, but scheduling doesn't always work out in our favor.

We just play what we can get on the calendar... _

The problem is, we are usually the low-hanging fruit for the BCS conferences.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information