Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Joe Scott for head Basketball Coach

Default Re: Joe Scott for head Basketball Coach

I would be in favor of any coach who's team can score at least 1 more point than the opposition, regardless of style!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Joe Scott for head Basketball Coach

Quote Originally Posted by playincajun View Post
    _ Defense is far more important than offense. If you score 90 and the other team scores 91 you loose. If you score 50 and the other team scores 40 you win. This team could be a great trap defensive team. It seems like they only run it in the last 2 minutes of every game???? They have 4 guards who are the under 6'3 variety who can run, jump and trap. They have 5 other guards who are of the 6'4- 6-7 varitey that could well play the middle and back on any type of trap. The three big men could play back if need be.

They are not a real good half court team as few of them understand and play true help defense. I do think that hands in the passing lane is not a quote used often.

You might want to ask one of the players about practice. They all say they do not practice like they will be playing on game day so that should answer a whole lot of WHATS and WHYS we all have. _

I agree. I've said it for two years now that we do not play the passing lanes at all. I think Robert is afraid of getting backdoored to death but the problem there is that we do not know how to play helpside defense. And no, you do not have to be a fast, guard oriented team to play a high pressure, man to man defense. Duke and UNC are two of the better man to man defensive teams in the country that practice tremendous team defensive principles that allows them to put tremendous pressure on the ball even if it is 35 feet from the goal, play passing lanes and still help out in the paint and take charges.

I also remember the Fletcher days and we scored a ton of points. The problem is, they drove the fans crazy because we played no defense and no team was out of the ballgame against us, no matter how much we led by. It also made for a long day when we faced a good defensive team who could slow the pace against us because we couldn't defend in the half court. I think a bit both worlds would benefit us more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information