Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tigue Moore Field 12/27/2009

Default Tigue Moore Field 12/27/2009

Here's a few shots of the field and some fans arriving early. The small roller they are useing will be replaced with a larger one to finish the compacting and make it smooth. They are also useing a small compactor for the edges. They told me they should be laying carpet in about a week, weather permitting.Fans happen to be my son and his wife and my grandchildren. I had to put them in. Hope you don't mind.

Default Re: Tigue Moore Field 12/27/2009

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _Fans happen to be my son and his wife and my grandchildren. I had to put them in. Hope you don't mind.
    Great pics of the field with a great explanation of what is going on at the field. You have a beautiful family. I don't blame you for including them!

I look forward to your pics next week when they lay the carpet!!!

Thank you, and will update.

4. Default Re: Tigue Moore Field 12/27/2009

Wow what a treat.

Thanks Frenchie

any idea of what e warning track will be. if a guy is tracking down a ball he relies on the different surface of the warning track to let him know the wall is fast approaching, i dont think his feet will be able to tell him if the turf has changed color, im still all for the turf but just a thought

6. UL Baseball Re: Tigue Moore Field 12/27/2009

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    _ any idea of what e warning track will be. if a guy is tracking down a ball he relies on the different surface of the warning track to let him know the wall is fast approaching, i dont think his feet will be able to tell him if the turf has changed color, im still all for the turf but just a thought _
    What does Tulane have? I think coach Robe is using their field as a loose model.

The warning track will also be turf, but there will be a drop like a normal field.

igeaux.mobi

"using" just saying nice pics.

MAN. is it time for baseball or what? Can't wait to smell the green grass. I mean plastic turf (haha).

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    _ "using" just saying nice pics. _
    I never majored in english, but you got the message and that's good.I didn't know if I should have used "us" ing or "use" ing.

11. Default Re: Tigue Moore Field 12/27/2009

Ising using we all sing for those great pics.

Thanks

The construction cam has it snowing on the field. Maybe that's why they are running a little late on completion

Bump. Just because I thought it was cool to look at these "old" pics, about a different renovation.

How often do they have to replace the turf?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    How often do they have to replace the turf?
    They replaced the infield last year I believe. May have done the whole thing, not sure. My guess is baseball infield needs to change more frequently than the outfield or a football field due to repetitive usage

The good thing about the turf setup is you don't have to replace the whole base, just the turf itself and the pellets. The initial installation always costs a lot more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information