Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hunter Stover commits to Cajuns

Default Hunter Stover commits to Cajuns

Sources have told The Daily Advertiser that Notre Dame LB/K Hunter Stover has verbally committed to sign with UL's football team.

Posted via Mobile Device

Default Re: Hunter Stover commits to Cajuns

This is a good pick up for the Cajuns! Not only he can kick off but the guy can play defense. He is not real fast but plays extremely smart and has a nose for the ball. From someone close to the program it was said that Stover often out played DJ Welter who committed to LSU.

Cajuns wont need to sign a kicker hes your man.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Redshirt Stover and after next year Albrecht will be gone and he will be your kicker.

Probably could outkick Albrecht this year but no reason to burn a year with him just kicking. Plus a year to get bigger and stronger for LB.

If he can out kick the guys we have now there is no reason to redshirt him. Right now the opposition seems to start at least at the 35 yard line every time.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ If he can out kick the guys we have now there is no reason to redshirt him. Right now the opposition seems to start at least at the 35 yard line every time. _
    He will get a shot at kick-off duties this season, this why he was offered. He will have an opportunity down the road to play some safety or linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ He will get a shot at kick-off duties this season, this why he was offered. He will have an opportunity down the road to play some safety or linebacker. _

Hes not going to play LB next year so its silly to play him at kicker. Then he would only have 3 years to play LB instead of 4. Redshirt him and you have him for 4 years at LB and 4 years at kicker.

Please Bustle do not screw this up.

If he is really that good of a kicker, you can bet your butt he wont be playing on defense, he will be the kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Oh View Post
    _ Hes not going to play LB next year so its silly to play him at kicker. Then he would only have 3 years to play LB instead of 4. Redshirt him and you have him for 4 years at LB and 4 years at kicker.

Please Bustle do not screw this up. _
    I don't see him as a 4 year starter at LB. So if he can win the kicking job please let him start kicking immediately. I think he will be a 2 year starter as a Jr./Sr. and play special teams 3 or so years besides K. Also he will most likely play at SS not LB, I am sure the coaches will see how his body changes once he hits a college weight program. Right now he is not big enough to play college LB and not fast enough to play DB. But don't get me wrong I like the way this kid plays. Very aggressive and smart with a nose for the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ I don't see him as a 4 year starter at LB. So if he can win the kicking job please let him start kicking immediately. I think he will be a 2 year starter as a Jr./Sr. and play special teams 3 or so years besides K. Also he will most likely play at SS not LB, I am sure the coaches will see how his body changes once he hits a college weight program. Right now he is not big enough to play college LB and not fast enough to play DB. But don't get me wrong I like the way this kid plays. Very aggressive and smart with a nose for the ball. _

You put 15 lbs on him and hes a LB. You redshirt him and then he can kick, play on special teams, play some on defense. Then his sophmore year he might be able to start.

I understand what you're saying here. But the Cajuns offered Stover because the coaches are hoping that he can handle kickoffs immediately. The Cajuns were dead-last in the conference this past season in touchbacks, yards per kickoff and net yards per kickoff. They need help now! Stover said he understands that and just wants a chance at some point to play defense, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ I understand what you're saying here. But the Cajuns offered Stover because the coaches are hoping that he can handle kickoffs immediately. The Cajuns were dead-last in the conference this past season in touchbacks, yards per kickoff and net yards per kickoff. They need help now! Stover said he understands that and just wants a chance at some point to play defense, too. _

Thanks Josh. I know he wanted to play defense more than just kick but i guess if he has the chance to kick right away then i guess that appealed to him.

Thanks for your comments and welcome to the board.

I spoke with Hunter earlier today, and he was excited about the chance to both kick and play defense in college. He knows he's going to get on the field first as a kicker but just wants a chance. The fact Molbert will be here in the fall also played a factor in his decision.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Thanks for your comments and welcome to the board.

I spoke with Hunter earlier today, and he was excited about the chance to both kick and play defense in college. He knows he's going to get on the field first as a kicker but just wants a chance. The fact Molbert will be here in the fall also played a factor in his decision.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. _

Thanks Josh. I can see Hunter kicking off and Molbert covering kicks.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information