Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bye-Bye ugly building.soon

Default Re: Bye-Bye ugly building.soon

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Is Coronna that really ugly building across from the Police station by Cypress Lake? I hope so, because that building is UUUUUgly!
    Yep, and Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Is Coronna that really ugly building across from the Police station by Cypress Lake? I hope so, because that building is UUUUUgly!
    Was thinking the same thing it's the only thing brining the campus down. The last 6 years has been crazy with all the new construction

I am not for anything that could potentially add ground trash on the ground in the Cypress Lake area . like the green space ideas . but no more concrete and waste baskets to tacky the area . and hope they don't do the bike garage around the lake . keep the view in tact.

Do we know a timeline for when they get destroyed, and then what will become of that area (including guillory hall)?

5. Default Re: Bye-Bye ugly building.soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    Do we know a timeline for when they get destroyed, and then what will become of that area (including guillory hall)?
    -----I will start at the back and the residential areas look pretty good--then moving up the bunch of building close together with the parking garage is not so hot---The Architecture building is a joke (terrible)----The library, and a couple of those buildings not too hot----Alumni house is great---The rest of the front of campus is gorgeous!!!!! Well I am including the demolition!!!

Helmut (or anyone else): have you heard of the date/time-frame when the demo will done?

I went by there during Easter and they need to be burned with fire badly. Too bad no one can enjoy the Fleur de lis up close until the Quad is finished! My son loved looking at the 3 alligators we found and all the turtles from the balcony. IMO, they need to rap things up on campus, it looks awful to new/perspective students.

8. Default Re: Bye-Bye ugly building.soon

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    I went by there during Easter and they need to be burned with fire badly. Too bad no one can enjoy the Fleur de lis up close until the Quad is finished! My son loved looking at the 3 alligators we found and all the turtles from the balcony. IMO, they need to rap things up on campus, it looks awful to new/perspective students.
    ---------------------I say we have an "END TO THE UGLIES PARTY"---Invite all kinds of Alumni and students with a huge pep rally ----- Somebody find a way to make some money for the school!!!

If they hold a raffle to be the guy that throws the plunger for the demo blast, they may make a fair amount of money. I certainly would have paid a bundle to throw the switch on Voorhies!

10. Default Re: Bye-Bye ugly building.soon

I would buy a $100.00 lottery ticket to flip the detonation switch.

These figures were from the 2013 proposed budget. FYI.

12. Default Re: Bye-Bye ugly building.soon

A couple or few down, how many to go?

Personally I would preserve the French House, but I realize since they gave away the Horse Farm, land is at a premium.

I wonder what the status is for the new green space, and the balcony/stage.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Those cost look cheap to me for demolition and removal, but what do I know. Glad they will be gone.
    Wonder if that's the cost after money made from selling the scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

-I say we have an "END TO THE UGLIES PARTY"---Invite all kinds of Alumni and students with a huge pep rally

- Somebody find a way to make some money for the school!!!

When I first read this. I thought you wanted to invite the ugly students and alumni to a party in the building during demolition. I thought, "wow Boomer is a real ahole" lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information