Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bye-Bye ugly building.soon

Louisiana Bye-Bye ugly building.soon

Saw this in the proposed budget for this year.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Bye-Bye ugly building.soon

Those cost look cheap to me for demolition and removal, but what do I know. Glad they will be gone.

I could do it for half that!

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Now I'm curious what they will be doing to Martin, Foster, etc. What does "Only FCI cost." mean?
    And I guess the cost to demo Guillory was on another page?

5. Default Re: Bye-Bye ugly building.soon

Via Wikipedia - The facility condition index (FCI) is used in facilities management to provide a benchmark to compare the relative condition of a group of facilities.

FCI = Maintenance, Repair, and Replacement Deficiencies of the Facility(-ies)
    Current Replacement Value of the Facility(-ies)

Last edited by CAJUNryan4; March 25th, 2015 at 10:40 am. Reason: Supposed to be divided by.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNryan4 View Post
    Via Wikipedia - The facility condition index (FCI) is used in facilities management to provide a benchmark to compare the relative condition of a group of facilities.

FCI = Maintenance, Repair, and Replacement Deficiencies of the Facility(-ies)
    Current Replacement Value of the Facility(-ies)
    Thanksguess I coulda/shouda done that myself, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Now I'm curious what they will be doing to Martin, Foster, etc. What does "Only FCI cost." mean?
    And I guess the cost to demo Guillory was on another page?
    I noticed that Demo for Guillory was not on there either. That is curious.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I noticed that Demo for Guillory was not on there either. That is curious.
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because I know it will be gone sooner or later.just hope it's more later than sooner.
    I don't see it as nearly the eyesore that the others are, plus you know the projection over the lake and everything

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because I know it will be gone sooner or later.just hope it's more later than sooner.
    I don't see it as nearly the eyesore that the others are, plus you know the projection over the lake and everything
    Wouldn't be bad if it was an little green space with them adding elevated walkways across the swamp in an x pattern with a central area with benches. JMO

They were planning on building a plaza in that area. I don't see why they tear the building down leave the balcony and use the slab as the base for the plaza.

They were planning on building a plaza in that area. I don't see why they tear the building down leave the balcony and use the slab as the base for the plaza.
    Maybe a bandstand? Outdoor theater performances?

They were planning on building a plaza in that area. I don't see why they CAN'T tear the building down leave the balcony and use the slab as the base for the plaza.
    I'm not sure I understood your post.did you leave out "can't"? Or did you mean the opposite, and meant to say "would"?

I'm not sure I understood your post.did you leave out "can't"? Or did you mean the opposite, and meant to say "would"?
    Tear the building down and leave the slab as a base for the plaza leaving the balcony in place. A win win. They get plaza and the balcony stays.

Tear the building down and leave the slab as a base for the plaza leaving the balcony in place. A win win. They get plaza and the balcony stays.
    That's what I've been sayingfor months now. If nothing else, I cannot for the life of me see why they can't leave the balcony. Seems like it would be cheaper than tearing it down, especially if you factor in constructing another one in a different location as Bill Crist had told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Is Coronna that really ugly building across from the Police station by Cypress Lake? I hope so, because that building is UUUUUgly!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information